Annie’s Day Off.

on February 6, 2012 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 13 comments by

I didn’t set an alarm this morning, the first time in many-a-week. And yet I still woke up at 8am which is proving a disappointment I’ve know to be true for a while now: I’m an adult.

Annoying.

Last week was rather insane for me – exampled by the fact that I started a MAJOR editing job around 9pm on Tuesday night. [I think it was Tuesday night. Maybe it was Wednesday night? I can’t remember.]

One of these days REALLY soon [I hope I hope I hope] I will be able to tell you about said editing project and why my work/life balance is a little whackadoodle. Until then, you can make something up in your head and squeal with excitement.

Also. I was in charge of the decor and et cetera for Cross Point’s Downtown campus Super Bowl Party. I’ll show you those pictures on Smile, Wednesday. But if you want a preview,ย here are a few that were tweeted. [That’s right- funfetti cake footballs. Go big or go home, y’all.]

It was the kind of party where you wake up the next morning and realize that you have a random sticker left on on your hand from cleaning up the night before.

That’s funny, y’all.

So after a week+ of insane deadlines and meetings and crafting and parties and moving to a new house, I cried UNCLE and took today off.

I knew on Saturday night when I went to set my alarm for church on Sunday and almost cried, that sister here had overextended herself. Being a freelance writer/author can do that to you, as with many jobs I’m sure, but there is always work to be done- emails to answer, talks to write, books to write, videos to make, articles to pitch, facebook inboxes to throw a grenade at, etc. [I HATE my facebook inbox. I want to close it down forever.] So I’m still learning, 3.5 years into this career, that you don’t stop when you are finished. You stop before you go insane.

Didn’t do it so well last week. Not. At. All.

So today is my day off and here are my plans: (updated in red)

1. Sleep in. [total fail.] (but I made up for it with a four hour nap)

2. Watch Baby Mama with the commentary from Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. [done + massive success.] (hilarious)

3. Unpack the two boxes in my room that are totally plaguing me. (nope, about to do that now, since you know- I won’t fall asleep ever after a four hour nap.)

4. Finish unpacking books onto my book cases and take some things to the basement. (nope)

5. Spend some time journaling and reading my Bible. Things that embarrassingly fall to the side when I get busy. (nope… really want to. Maybe after those two boxes are quickly unpacked?)

6. Take a nap? Maybe. [read: probably] (for suresies. Way more than I planned.)

7. Catch up on 2 months worth of Real Simple magazine. (nope.)ย

8. Write a blog post while still laying in bed. [You’re welcome.] (updated from the same location. Again, you’re welcome.)

. . . . .

ย What are you up to today?

1. posted on Feb 06, 2012 at 11:14 AM  |  reply

Hey Annie! I love reading your blog.

I’m totally with you on #7. For the first time in my life I am 2-ish months behind on Real Simple. I always read RS completely from cover to cover, no skipping allowed. I still haven’t finished December, which is problematic because February has already been delivered! Ahhh! Maybe I should *chill out* and just skim it…

Hope you enjoy your day off!

• Annie
      posted on Feb 06, 2012 at 11:28 PM  |  reply

I still didn’t get to them today, Laura Susan. They shall probably be a part of my weekend. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope you are well! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. posted on Feb 06, 2012 at 11:23 AM  |  reply

Same old, same old.
    (Now I’ll be singing “Same old Auld Lang Syne” in my head.)
    You are wise to rest. Too many of us keep going even when our bodies are telling us to knock it off. Have fun.

• Annie
      posted on Feb 06, 2012 at 11:28 PM  |  reply

My body and my brain were ready for a break. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. posted on Feb 06, 2012 at 12:10 PM  |  reply

I always support a day off. Sometimes you just gotta… I’m an expert. Especially when people keep me plied with pretzel m & ms. ๐Ÿ™‚

Answer me this in an email for security sake, but did you get a new roomie or are you on your own? And i’m itching to hear about your editing project. I helped edit a book last week and my brain, it was tired.

• Annie
      posted on Feb 06, 2012 at 11:31 PM  |  reply

I will email you all manner of things.

But yes, I do have a roommate. She’s great. I promised her she wouldn’t be blog fodder, so for now, she is like a unicorn- we know she exists, you just won’t ever see her. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. posted on Feb 06, 2012 at 12:35 PM  |  reply

Hi Annie! Can’t wait to hear about your new project! I LOVE that you watch movies with the commentary on. I do that too – haven’t seen the commentary on that movie though. I’m sure it is going to be hilarious!

Today, I’m just doing homework {although right now, I’m procrastinating and reading blogs…}. ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy Monday!

• Annie
      posted on Feb 06, 2012 at 11:31 PM  |  reply

You should watch it, Michelle. It is SO funny.

5. merideth
    posted on Feb 06, 2012 at 1:04 PM  |  reply

I just love you Annie. You are awesome and make me laugh. Hope you have a restful day off. I had an interview earlier, and now I’m catching up on email and continuing to avoid the dishes and cleaning I didn’t do this weekend or last week.

• Annie
      posted on Feb 06, 2012 at 11:31 PM  |  reply

Hope the interview went well!

6. posted on Feb 06, 2012 at 10:30 PM  |  reply

I’ve been in Nashville 1 month and 1 day. I still have boxes that I just hid in the closet so I don’t have to deal, ha.

• Annie
      posted on Feb 06, 2012 at 11:33 PM  |  reply

Get them boxes, sister. You’re stronger than them. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. mary mcneil
    posted on Feb 14, 2012 at 4:04 PM  |  reply

I’ve been missing you today….you are so refreshing and you make me laugh.
    Today we had a fake cinema trip in our tv room…cause we ran out of money for the real thing. Watching children watching Daddy Day Care is a very funny experience. I thought Ethan was going to hurt himself he was laughing so hard.
    Children it seems are very easily pleased.