I wanna dance with somebody.

on February 24, 2012 in Sounds good to me. with 10 comments by

This video will totally get you stoked for the weekend.

If it doesn’t, please follow these steps:

1. Pull out a calendar – it can be physical or on your computer.

2. Put your finger on today, Friday, February 24th.

3. Say out loud, “TODAY IS FRIDAY.”

4. Then say, “Self, what part of the week is now upon us?”

5. Then say, “THE WEEKEND. LET’S DANCE!”

6. Then watch this again.

You can get all of Ben Rector’s music on iTunes and I heartily recommend it. Let him sing you all the way to Sunday and then let’s meet back up right here Monday.

Sound good?

[See what I did there? “SOUND good” when I’m talking about music? You’re welcome.]

1. Diana Ross
    posted on Feb 24, 2012 at 5:34 AM  |  reply

Now I really want to dance with somebody. You made my weekend.
    Thanks for sharing this video.

-Diana

2. posted on Feb 24, 2012 at 6:58 AM  |  reply

Watched this when you tweeted it yesterday. SO good! I was unsure at first but I shouldn’t have been. Plus, Whitney’s version is one of my favorite songs ever. It’s my go-to karaoke. Not sure what that says about me.

Happy weekend Annie!

3. merideth
    posted on Feb 24, 2012 at 8:23 AM  |  reply

I have never heard this guy before, but I really like this. But, I feel like to be a dance song it needs to be a faster tempo. but, still, really good rendition.

4. posted on Feb 24, 2012 at 4:38 PM  |  reply

OK, I got tired watching him go from mic to piano to mic to percussion to mic to guitar … to mic. Whew! I bet Whitney was smiling on this one.

5. posted on Feb 24, 2012 at 6:10 PM  |  reply

SO AMAAAZING! Gave me chills, and made me smile, and then made me want to jump up and dance. which i probably shouldnt do in an office by myself….;-) happy friday!

6. Valerie
    posted on Feb 24, 2012 at 6:38 PM  |  reply

Loved this yesterday. Loved it again today.

7. posted on Feb 25, 2012 at 7:53 AM  |  reply

So glad he put the studio recorded version on youtube! I saw him perform this song live in Birmingham on Monday…love love love!!

8. posted on Feb 26, 2012 at 1:51 PM  |  reply

Last night, we saw Ben Rector open for NEEDTOBREATHE at The Tabernacle in Atlanta. It was an awesome show!

9. posted on Feb 29, 2012 at 10:36 AM  |  reply

OHH love HIM! so glad you shared as i missed him posting this!!!

Loved your blog “dear pretty girl with the pretty friend” – what incredible, encouraging words! THANK YOU!

Allie