Things I love.

on April 24, 2012 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 21 comments by

Love is in the air, y’all. Spring is here in all it’s lion/lamb glory and people are in great moods. It is only fair and right that I throw some heart-shaped glitter through the screen right into your life.

You’re welcome.

Here are some of the things I am absolutely head-over-heels in love with right now.

Target’s boyfriend v-neck tshirt.

It’s going to be the summer of the v-neck. I can tell already. Target has this shirt in juniors, normal gals, and the plus-size section. So pretty much, every last one of us can rock these all summer long. I have it, no lie, in white, grey, purple, mint, and blue. And now I want this pink color. So that’s great. Super comfortable. Super affordable. Getcha some.

. . . . . .

theglitterguide.com

My friend The Womanista linked to theglitterguide.com the other day and now I can’t quit it. Sure, predictable and all since it has “glitter” in the title and you all know that glitter is my favorite color. But the variety of articles they write and the beautiful photos has me hook, line, and sinker every single day.

. . . . . .

212 Sexy Perfume

I’ve never been a consistent perfume wearer until the last six months. A friend gave me a bottle of this magically delicious scent, 212 Sexy Eau De Parfum Spray by Carolina Herrera, and I wear it every single day now. I absolutely love it. [Also, can we all just notice that I used the word s-e-x in my posts two days in a row? My southern grandmama would faint.] And I think the bottle is entertaining – two little bulbs of perfume on either end.

. . . . . .

This American Life podcast

I’ve told you about this before, but seriously. Take one hour out of your week and simply enjoy this radio show. I would venture to say, along with Prairie Home Companion, This American Life is keeping radio entertainment alive.

. . . . . .

(in)RL meet-ups

Saturday is the (in)RL meet-ups all around the world. You can look here to see if there is one in your area. Nashville ladies, here is our facebook event and we would absolutely love for you to be there.

. . . . . .

Lent Playlist

My dear and wonderful small group build a pretty solid worship playlist during Lent. I just thought you may enjoy hearing it. It is almost four solid hours worth of quality worship tunes. Enjoy.

[By the way, I made another Give Me A Minute video yesterday… check out that playlist that I’m gonna keep building. I definitely overly enjoy making one minute videos.]

. . . . . .

Cook’s Illustrated Magazine

I find the editor’s note at the beginning, by Christopher Kimball, consistently one of the finest pieces of writing I get to read. Cook’s Illustrated is an awesome magazine [and you can read the whole thing for free on the website… booyah].

. . . . . .

Now all I want to do is go lay on a blanket at the park, in my mint green Target v-neck, listen to the Lent playlist, and read Cook’s Illustrated. Alas, I’ll stay here at my desk and keep doing my job.

[Because I’m a responsible adult, no matter what my love for glitter leads you to believe.]

What do you love right now? Clothing? Book? Musician? Magazine? Website? Tell me ’bout it!

1. posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 6:31 AM  |  reply

Things I love right now..

Loving this the yellow table, http://theyellowtable.com/

And Andy Grammer’s version of Rihanna’s We Found Love.

• Annie
      posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 8:38 AM  |  reply

yes and yes. Can’t wait to read more of that blog!

• posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 9:03 AM  |  reply

Oh, oh! This is my roommate’s sister’s blog and she is great! Check out her Storytelling dinner parties. (http://theyellowtable.com/yellow-table-storytelling-dinner-2/) We have started hosting them in our little space and they are such a wonderful way to get to know new friends and surprising stories about old friends!

2. posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 6:45 AM  |  reply

Love the t-shirts. I don’t see all your color choices, but it looks like the perfect summer attire at a great price.

On your minute video, we finished The Last Battle a few months ago. My son loved it.

Speaking of loving something, Wicked…oh my. My friends wanted to get tickets to go again before it moves on! Thanks for all the help.

• Annie
      posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 8:39 AM  |  reply

Check at your local Target- there are different colors for all the different sizes.

I’m so glad y’all loved Wicked! I told you that both times I went to London last fall I saw it- when I should have branched out, I couldn’t resist seeing it again! Buy the soundtrack- you won’t regret it.

(And obviously- go again before it leave town.:) )

3. posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 7:43 AM  |  reply

Listening to the playlist now….
    Thank you I need some really good worship music this morning and think this will do the trick.

• Annie
      posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 8:39 AM  |  reply

You’re welcome. πŸ™‚ My small group girls and I have loved it too.

4. posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 9:46 AM  |  reply

I am obsessed with:

–www.loveandrespectnow.com (amazing website on relationships- even has great video clips)

— Kari Jobe’s You Are For Me

–Starbuck’s Tribute coffee blend

— Making wreaths (I’m selling on Etsy now- http://www.etsy.com/shop/ladybellesshop)

–cardigans (does it matter that it’s almost summer?)

• Annie
      posted on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:32 AM  |  reply

Kari Jobe yes and yes.

5. posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM  |  reply

This has been a great week for Worship Music At Work! πŸ™‚ Yesterday I had the bright idea of making a Robbie Seay Band pandora station and today I have this list… love love love.

This springtime I am loving…

1. My hair getting brown. I’ve decided to save hair appointment money to put toward our Ireland trip in June. Blonde is giving way to brown and I kinda like it?

2. PLANNING OUR TRIP TO IRELAND… right now I’m on the Blefast portion and am mapping out our routes to some pretty gnarly castles…

3. Finding new fish recipes. My husband and I are getting creative. And healthy.

4. The Shins “Port of Morrow” album.

5. LIFE Magazine’s Titanic 100th Anniversary edition hardback. Every night after dinner and after the house is cleaned and all is quiet, I read a few pages and marvel at the photos. Incredible.

6. Annieblogs. πŸ™‚

• Annie
      posted on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM  |  reply

Oh I love Ireland. Make sure you schedule time at Giant’s Causeway!

6. merideth
    posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM  |  reply

If that perfume drives guys crazy, as the person above says, I better try and get some. I actually got the soundtrack to wicked from my parents when they went to New York earlier this month. I loved the show, but when I got the CD I realized that I hope I remember the music from it. I haven’t listened to much of it, yet, though.
    Right now I’m loving baseball season(went to Boston to see the sox for Fenway’s 100th birthday last week). I’m loving the spring weather/sunshine. That means it’s time to have lemonaide, sweet tea, and ice cream again. I need to go find those shirts at Target. I need some cloths.

• Annie
      posted on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM  |  reply

Oh I LOVE singing along to the Wicked soundtrack. So so good.

7. posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 1:40 PM  |  reply

I’m all about fiction author Tana French these days. Such fabulous character-driven mysteries that keep the reader guessing at every turn. I’ve been putting a Cadbury Creme egg in Mug Brownies but used the last one last night so I love it but I’m also sad. So rich and decadent. Now I’ll go back to regular Mug Brownies. Last but not least, I tried on my bridesmaid dress one last time before this weekend and I look HOT! Woot!

• Annie
      posted on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM  |  reply

I have never read her. What’s your favorite book of her’s?

And I celebrate your use of Cadbury. Well done, my friend. πŸ™‚

8. emily
    posted on Apr 24, 2012 at 5:25 PM  |  reply

current obsessions:

wearing: sanuk yoga mat flip flops

listening: drew holcomb and the neighbors

magazines: cooking light

food: easy gluten free recipes

• Annie
      posted on Apr 26, 2012 at 11:34 AM  |  reply

Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors are insanely talented. Good call.

9. Katie
    posted on Apr 26, 2012 at 12:37 PM  |  reply

I have that Target shirt in four different colors and I want more. It’s my absolute favorite shirt in the world!

10. posted on Apr 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM  |  reply

I read your blog and went and bought one of those shirts at Target today.

Maybe they’ll give you a discount for your free advertising.

• posted on Apr 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM  |  reply

I’d expect you to take me with you to Target for a shopping trip when I visit Nashvegas.

11. posted on Apr 29, 2012 at 9:04 AM  |  reply

Love the idea of the V neck!! πŸ™‚
    What a perfect wear for summer!

– Erin πŸ™‚