Perfectly Unique: Family meeting

on June 4, 2012 in AnnieWrites, Perfectly Unique with 13 comments by

[It still amazes me that we are even having this conversation. Just so you know.]

Three short months from today, Perfectly Unique releases to the world.

September 4, 2012.

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

I know that From Head To Foot has already come out so this should be no big deal, but it is. It feels like a pretty big deal.

I feel like you and me, we know each other. We’ve been friends for a while. And you have been a part of this process with me from Day 1. You really have. There are not enough days or emails or words that I could say to properly thank you for being a part of this crazy ride.

I have lots of dreams, wishes, and hopes for Perfectly Unique. I’m also completely terrified of what happens when this book gets into A LOT more hands than it has ever seen. I’m also on the edge of my seat watching this story that God is telling.

[So I’m a complicated mess of emotions which is absolutely no different than a normal day in the life of Annie Downs.]

Anyways.

God has done this thing, y’all. I was just a simple school teacher then a little self-published author, then a missionary to Edinburgh. And now- a traditionally published author who, to be honest, sometimes feels tied to the front of a high-speed locomotive called Zondervan.

[I’m terribly grateful for Zondervan and the people there, you know that. But this is just new and weird and humbling and yeah. You get it.]

. . . . .

So here’s what.

I’m asking you to pray. As my real friends, as the ones who are part of this journey, I’m asking you to press in with me on a few areas once a month until the book releases.

On June 4th [today], July 4th [yay America], August 4th [it’ll be hot], and September 4th [release day!].

Four days. All on the 4th.

And these are the four things I would love for you to pray:

1. Pray that the book gets into all of the right hands and none of the wrong ones. Pray that each girl who reads this book would feel enveloped by freedom and grace and love and hope.

2. Pray that God would be high and lifted up, glorified, honored, and loved more deeply by the readers of this book.

3. Pray that God will open all the right doors and close all the wrong doors.

4. Finally. Selfishly. Would you pray for my heart, my relationships, my humility, and my sanity. These are all things I fear losing to some degree at some point in this process.

. . . .

Can ya handle it? Four days. Four prayers. That’s it. [Though, obvi, you are WELCOME to pray as many days and as many prayers as you like. Seriously. I’ll take ’em.]

You in?

{whispering…. thank you.}

1. posted on Jun 04, 2012 at 6:40 AM  |  reply

I’m in. Marking the 4th on all the months, but extras will be said. Hugs.

2. Dennah
    posted on Jun 04, 2012 at 8:54 AM  |  reply

Annie, I’ve been a fan for almost a year now. And even you will not ask for that prayers, I’ll do it with all my heart.
    God Bless always!

3. posted on Jun 04, 2012 at 9:03 AM  |  reply

i’m in! praying for you, annie. please let me know if there’s anything else i can do. so excited for you!

4. cbed
    posted on Jun 04, 2012 at 9:34 AM  |  reply

I love you.

5. posted on Jun 04, 2012 at 9:51 AM  |  reply

Congrats! Good wishes and prayers sent your way.

6. posted on Jun 04, 2012 at 10:26 AM  |  reply

Most definitely! Sooooo excited…for you, your book, and all the readers whose lives will be changed because of it!

7. posted on Jun 04, 2012 at 11:05 AM  |  reply

I’m marking my calendar right now, girlfriend! I’m so proud of you. Kick butt, boo!

8. posted on Jun 04, 2012 at 12:23 PM  |  reply

You’ve got it! So exciting. 🙂

9. Merideth
    posted on Jun 04, 2012 at 2:01 PM  |  reply

Absolutely praying! Hold on girl. It’ll be great!

10. Lesley
    posted on Jun 04, 2012 at 2:33 PM  |  reply

consider it done. i’m marking it on my calendar as we speak. i loved From Head to Foot and i’d love to join you in Perfectly Unique too. we are such good friends already you know, but i’m looking forward to hearing from you even more through this new piece of you.
    ps. have you read the poem “Author to Her Book” by Anne Bradstreet? It might offer you some comfort to know that even the greats started somewhere and they too got the jitters sometimes. It’ll turn out fine for you too. We love you and we love hearing you in the works you give us.
    pps. Bradstreet says in the poem that her book has no father, but your’s does- God. who could be a better Creator? He made you. He made you to write. He helps you to create in His image. awe-some-ness, yes? 🙂

11. posted on Jun 04, 2012 at 7:34 PM  |  reply

Hey, I can’t even imagine having a book out. =) I admire and love your courage. I’ll pray for you! =)
    I wonder, would you tell your story… your writing story? I have been writing since before I knew how to make actual words, and have never been able to stop. I wonder sometimes if what I say will ever matter… It’s a mystery. Writing. Erph. I’m interested in hearing your story. God bless!
    -Amanda

12. posted on Jun 05, 2012 at 8:04 PM  |  reply

WOW, I had no idea you were about to be a traditionally published author?!! I’m just one of those people who stumbled across your instagram feed at one point because some of the people I follow were commenting on your pics. Yes, I’m in. What an opportunity you have to touch so very many lives … at such an important, formative time in these young women’s lives.

13. posted on Jun 05, 2012 at 10:07 PM  |  reply

Such a gift to see this dream unfolding & to be able to be a part by praying. Calendar marked.