Greatest Hits: How To Fold A Fitted Sheet.

on July 18, 2012 in Greatest Hits with 6 comments by

Originally written in January of 2010, this is still one of my most attractive qualities to men: I can fold a fitted sheet perfectly. Every time. The video is, well, long. I won’t be offended if you fast forward to the actual action of folding.

. . . . .

Well, here you go.

A few things:

1. Thank you to Lyndsay and Lauren for coming over at midnight to help film this.

2. I actually managed to do 3 things from my list in this video:
a. fold a fitted sheet
b. make myself laugh [normal- happens all the time] c. make my friends laugh

3. I did not, however, read a book from start to finish in this video.

4. I usually don’t make videos longer than 4 minutes, but sometimes tutorials are a bit lengthy. Sorry bout it.

5. Don’t judge my bookcase. I know. It’s a sickness. But I’m a writer. It’s my “job.”

6. Thanks to Janet for teaching our group of friends to fold a fitted sheet and for teaching us that other thing too [regarding my lip and wax and let’s not talk about it]. I will always consider you a sensei of sorts.

7. I got a FlipCam for Christmas! No more lisp when I make videos! Yay!! [though I don’t know why it’s wide screen. rude.]

8. This was kinda fun. What other video blog ideas do you have for me? Bring it.

1. posted on Jul 18, 2012 at 8:45 AM  |  reply

Loved this video! Thanks for the lesson! 🙂

2. posted on Jul 18, 2012 at 1:21 PM  |  reply

As silly as this sounds, this is answered prayer! I was just reorganizing some closets this past weekend, and my fitted sheets were all balled up on a shelf. I thought to myself, “I need to find Annie’s video! No wonder I’m still single, I can’t even fold a fitted sheet!” I had planned to dig through the archives to find it. Surely this is some sort of prophecy, yes?

Ha ha! You rock, Annie Downs!!!!

3. Shandra
    posted on Jul 18, 2012 at 7:27 PM  |  reply

This was awesome and soooo funny! I love it and am now determined to have square and “rectangularly” folded bottom sheets! 🙂

4. Misti
    posted on Jul 18, 2012 at 9:51 PM  |  reply

A tip I picked up a long time ago regarding sheets: To keep a set of sheets together to make it easier to grab them to make the bed, after folding, store the fitted sheet and flat sheet, (and if it’s a sheet set for a larger bed, the extra pillow case) inside the pillow case.

• Ellie Maggie
      posted on Dec 08, 2012 at 10:11 AM  |  reply

OMG!!! How much sense does this make?!! It’s like you’ve had a light-bulb moment and I’m so grateful that you did. It’s one of those ideas that, when you think about it, is so blatantly obvious but we’ve never done it before LOL. I’m so pleased I found this site to improve my sheet-folding skills and that I read your comment to improve my sheet-storage skills!

5. Stephanie
    posted on Jul 21, 2012 at 11:21 AM  |  reply

Awesome! I’ve always HATED folding sheets. Now I will think about this video and laugh every time (and hopefully successfully fold the sheets). 🙂