What do you want me to write about?

on July 31, 2012 in Ask AnnieBlogs with 29 comments by

Every so often, I like to take a little time out from the things I want to write and ask you that question.

What do you want me to blog about?Β

I mean, do you need some new recipes? Or want to hear about new good music? Want a funny story from Scotland or an update on my singleness [update: still single]? Have questions about being an author or the book process or where those books are that were supposed to meet me in Phoenix [update: still missing]? Want to put a question in for Ask AnnieBlogs? Do I need to finally talk about how much I don’t like peppers or pets?

I mean, we share this space every day… so if you have any thoughts on what you’d enjoy reading, don’t hesitate to tell me.

Meanwhile, I’ll be playing over at Pinterest. I’m addicted to watching Alias [I currently have Season 3 checked out from the library] and updatingΒ my Pinterest boards.

[So if you were going to ask, “What is your current addiction?” – I’ve just read your mind and answered. Shazaam.]

1. Emily
    posted on Jul 31, 2012 at 1:39 PM  |  reply

I don’t know if this what your looking for, but I would like to see your perspective on issues that affect teens (cutting, suicide, eating disorders) if that’s not what your looking for I would love to see recipies. πŸ™‚

posted on Jul 31, 2012 at 2:15 PM  |  reply

I’m all over it, Emily.

• ~VA~
      posted on Aug 01, 2012 at 6:20 AM  |  reply

I agree–teen issues would be interesting to hear your thoughts on, Annie!

2. Hillary
    posted on Jul 31, 2012 at 1:43 PM  |  reply

I’d like to see something on how to maintain or even get female friendships. I’m seriously lacking in this area and it’s not for lack of trying. I have a difficult time relating with other girls… in the sense that I don’t seem to have much in common and it gets awkward after 30 minutes of talking about how to properly apply eye makeup and I bring up comic books, ya know? And like you, I’ve been single for a WHILE, and don’t really “date” per say, so that’s always an uncomfortable topic for me. “Oh you’re date went well last weekend? Mine 5 years ago went really good too”.

So yeah, anything from the above mentioned topics I would love to read and see/hear your thoughts on it πŸ™‚

posted on Jul 31, 2012 at 2:15 PM  |  reply

I like your questions. Great stuff. Yes- I will write about that. Also, check out incourage.me – cool place to meet other women.

3. posted on Jul 31, 2012 at 2:09 PM  |  reply

I LOVE me some Bristow & Vaughn & Sark & Sloane… πŸ™‚

Oh, and I enjoy reading everything you put out there!

posted on Jul 31, 2012 at 2:16 PM  |  reply

Thanks, Michelle.

My friends in Scotland got me hooked on Alias and I’m so grateful that I can check it out of the library! I’m limiting myself to 2 episodes a day. πŸ™‚

4. Shakira
    posted on Jul 31, 2012 at 2:24 PM  |  reply

Why the Bible is important and what does the Bible compare itself to? Also I received an advance copy of your book and I love it! I was wondering if you got my email though πŸ™‚

posted on Aug 01, 2012 at 10:29 AM  |  reply

Hi Shakira! I did get your email- just getting to go through those today. I will definitely answer this (to the best of my ability). πŸ™‚

5. posted on Jul 31, 2012 at 3:59 PM  |  reply

I’m ALWAYS interested in “being an author” and “the book process” topics. It would be great to break through some of the mystique! πŸ™‚

posted on Aug 01, 2012 at 10:30 AM  |  reply

Can you think of specific questions I could answer for you, Natalie?

• posted on Aug 01, 2012 at 4:54 PM  |  reply

Umm…where to start. How do you handle days of doubt (if you have any)? What is it like working with a publisher? And tips “from the inside” of how to get in there?? I just think that any insights from your experience would be amazing.

6. posted on Jul 31, 2012 at 4:59 PM  |  reply

Recipes are always great! πŸ™‚ ALSO… I am ALSO currently addicted to Alias. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED AT THE END OF SEASON 2/beginnign of SEASON 3?!??!? Were you shocked? I’m currently about three episodes into Season 3 and now I can’t stop dreaming that I am a spy.

posted on Aug 01, 2012 at 10:31 AM  |  reply

I just finished season 3. Waiting (impatiently) for the library to get season 4 in. πŸ™‚

Recipes FTW. I have a few pinterest boards that are foody and then a category here (http://annieblogs.com/category/thats-delish/) and I’ll add to it next week!

7. Louise
    posted on Jul 31, 2012 at 5:04 PM  |  reply

I would be interested to know about how you found living in Scotland as an American- like the biggest differences in culture etc. You may have already written about this though so if you have please may I have the link to the post? Thanks! Besides that maybe singleness as a topic. I’m 23 and at that stage where lots of my friends are getting engaged :-/

posted on Aug 01, 2012 at 10:32 AM  |  reply

OH yeah, girl. I love talking about Scotland. All over it.

And singleness. I can handle it. πŸ™‚

8. posted on Jul 31, 2012 at 5:22 PM  |  reply

Anything you pick would be fine with me. πŸ˜‰

Seeing as you’re addicted to Pinterest, maybe you could post your most popular pins?

posted on Aug 01, 2012 at 10:35 AM  |  reply

Thanks, friend. And didn’t you warn me that I would be addicted to Pinterest? I think you did. πŸ™‚

9. posted on Jul 31, 2012 at 11:18 PM  |  reply

Hey Annie!
    I am a fellow single blogger, and I am getting tired of reminding myself that I am “still single” πŸ™‚
    but what would tell someone who is struggling with finding their identity in Christ rather than in men.
    How to keep your focus of Christ and furthering the kingdom?

posted on Aug 01, 2012 at 10:35 AM  |  reply

As soon as I figure it out, I’ll let you know. πŸ™‚

Kidding.

I mean, sorta. But yes, I’ll write about it and at least share some of my experiences. πŸ™‚

10. posted on Aug 01, 2012 at 3:00 AM  |  reply

I would love to hear more about Scotland as you perceived it. I’ve personally found it the country with the friendliest people outside of South Africa (I’m from South African ;)) but what were the good differences for you and the not-so-great ones. Both culture-wise, speech-wise and location-specific.

posted on Aug 01, 2012 at 10:36 AM  |  reply

Don’t get me started about the people of Scotland, I’ll get all weepy.

Because they are wonderful.

And yes, I’ll blog about it. πŸ™‚

11. ~VA~
    posted on Aug 01, 2012 at 6:18 AM  |  reply

Because you clearly love working with teen girls, I would love to hear your perspective on making friends…because I only have two months left as a teen and haven’t figured out how to make friends…

posted on Aug 01, 2012 at 10:37 AM  |  reply

I love teens. I love friends. So yeah, we can talk about that.

(And PS- it gets easier to make friends every year. You know why? The more you get to know and love YOU the more you can find people who agree that you are awesome.) πŸ™‚

• ~VA~
        posted on Aug 02, 2012 at 12:04 PM  |  reply

Thank you Annie!…haha and I think you are awesome πŸ™‚

12. posted on Aug 01, 2012 at 10:23 AM  |  reply

I would love for you to write about praying about, discerning, following God’s call on your life. Seasons are different and I’m learning that God’s will for my life looks different in each season, but I’m struggling to make peace with the hard seasons- such as singleness, employment outside of passions, and communityless (I’m sure I just made that up) days. Make sense?

posted on Aug 01, 2012 at 10:38 AM  |  reply

I like your thoughts, Jennifer. I think of that verse that says to work out your salvation- sounds like you are doing it. Two thumbs up.

And yeah, I’ll blog about it. But PS- I don’t have all the answers. πŸ™‚

13. Brandy
    posted on Aug 01, 2012 at 3:21 PM  |  reply

Would love to hear your input on the Shades of Grey controversy. I read it before all the hype — it was suggested as a something good to read after Hunger Games. Now, I’m bombarded with all the bashings (good and bad) of women who’ve read it. I like your viewpoint and would love to hear your thoughts on the trilogy… IF you have any:)

14. posted on Aug 02, 2012 at 4:46 AM  |  reply

Hi there, I am about to move to a new city – Edinburgh! – wondered what your thoughts were on settling into a new city and finding a church…. Thanks