Perfectly Unique: ONE MONTH.

on August 5, 2012 in Perfectly Unique with 9 comments by

September 4th is less than one month away. Whoa to the whoa.

I have copies of Perfectly Unique in my house finally. But to be honest, I haven’t read it again. This is in part because I have read that manuscript a blue-million times [as my mama says]. But also, something new has been going on with me on the inside- this new fear and worry and concern over the content and what people will say and what happens when someone hates it [which they will and that is life] and yeah. I think the professionals call it “insecurity”? 🙂 Whatever it is, it is messy.

But it’s not from God.

And I won’t be overcome by it.

So your prayers, which mean more to me than you could ever know, are so important to me this month as I feel slimy opposition trying to ruin our good times. Really really important. As mentioned on June 4, there are four specific ways that I’d love for you to pray for Perfectly Unique on the 4th of each month… June 4th, July 4th, and now August 4th [or 5th, as the case may be], and then THE DAY, September 4th.

And these are the four things I would love for you to pray:

1. Pray that the book gets into all of the right hands and none of the wrong ones. Pray that each girl who reads this book would feel enveloped by freedom and grace and love and hope.

2. Pray that God would be high and lifted up, glorified, honored, and loved more deeply by the readers of this book.

3. Pray that God will open all the right doors and close all the wrong doors.

4. Finally. Selfishly. Would you pray for my heart, my relationships, my humility, and my sanity. These are all things I fear losing to some degree at some point in this process.

. . . . .

Two quick things:

The Kindle version is only $4.99 this month! Woot. Also, it downloads on August 21st – a full 2 weeks before the paperback ships. [I don’t know why I know that because it doesn’t say that on the page… but I do know that somehow. Forgive me if I’ve made that up….]

Zondervan has uploaded the first two chapters for your free viewing pleasure. Cooltown, population us.

. . . . .

Thank you, friends. As I walk this new-to-me-path, I just can’t tell you how sure I am that I would not be here if it wasn’t for you and I would not know how to traverse this if it wasn’t for your prayers and God’s guidance.

On this Sunday, I am full of thanks- for you, for God, for opportunities to tell about Him, for healing and freedom and truth.

Amen.

1. posted on Aug 05, 2012 at 12:30 PM  |  reply

I am so excited for you Annie! Can’t wait to read it! And I am definitely praying for you and that God has in store for this book!

2. posted on Aug 05, 2012 at 1:56 PM  |  reply

Annie, praying confidence as you walk through this month and in the months to come as the world gets to experience this book! I did read the chapter Zondervan put up and I have to say…”YAY, I loved it!” I’m excited to hear about the girls who will be ministered to through this…I’m sure there will be lots of stories!

3. Jennybc
    posted on Aug 06, 2012 at 5:58 AM  |  reply

Praying! Believing for all the BEST things to come from your book for Him, for the girls that read your book and you – His servant. Love you much!

4. ~VA~
    posted on Aug 06, 2012 at 6:31 AM  |  reply

I’ll pray 🙂

5. posted on Aug 06, 2012 at 9:21 AM  |  reply

I said a prayer for you today. Praying for the book as you requested. Praying for you and your struggles with vulnerability. You’ve laid it all out there. God will bless it. Love you.

6. posted on Aug 06, 2012 at 6:48 PM  |  reply

Got a copy in my hot little ARC hands! So excited!!

7. posted on Aug 07, 2012 at 8:51 AM  |  reply

Praying! I know God is going to work through your obedience in God-size ways! I can’t wait!

8. posted on Aug 07, 2012 at 1:18 PM  |  reply

I’m SO excited to read your book! 🙂 Any chance of getting a hard copy/advance copy to read and feature on my blog? So looking forward to your words – your blog is one of my faves. Blessings to you!

9. posted on Aug 08, 2012 at 9:28 AM  |  reply

I was just at the BlogHer’12 conference in NYC where they had hundreds of copies of your book at the Zondervan booth on the expo floor. I picked it up and took it home for my 12 year old daughter to read. She has started it and noted that you have a blog–(here we are!). She says you’re pretty funny and you’ve definitely got her interest. I will give you more feedback from her if you’d like when she finishes it.