Ready to run.

on August 14, 2012 in (in)courage with 10 comments by

Not “Ready To Run” like the Dixie Chicks.

More like the kind of running we’ll be doing here in Nashville in October for the Color Run!

I’ll tell you something that I’ve never done. Run a full 5K. I’ve finished a bunch of them, but I certainly haven’t RUN the entire 3.1 miles ever in my 32 years of existence on this planet.

So I’ve got my Couch to 5K app ready to go and I’m gonna attempt to actually run [read: jog] the Color Run in October. Here’s what I think I have going in my favor: Laughter. I think the fact that I will be getting painted multi-colors, and everyone around me will be experiencing the same thing, I think that will make me laugh.

I’ve never laughed throughout a race. Maybe I will succeed at both things in October. Couch to 5K starts tomorrow.

I’ve finished a lot of races. I finished a half-marathon once, remember?

I wrote about that race over at (in)courage, and how God has shown me His love, especially in my singleness, through the end of that half-marathon.

And I wrote about my sweet friend, Katie. I’m grateful for her.

I’d love for you to pop over to (in)courage and check it out and share your thoughts.

. . . . .

Are you new around these parts? Well welcome!

Hi. I’m Annie. I write books for my job.

I have a website to prove it.

You can read more about me here.

You can follow me on twitter here.

You can like me on facebook here.

You can follow me on pinterest here.

. . . . .

On a completely unrelated note, I’ve been listening to Dixie Chicks for hours now thanks to this blog post title.

Do you have a favorite Dixie Chicks song?

1. posted on Aug 14, 2012 at 4:56 AM  |  reply

I’ll be there too! So excited!

2. posted on Aug 14, 2012 at 6:57 AM  |  reply

love me some Dixie Chics!! And I ran a 5K using the same app…so you’re all good!

3. Leanna
    posted on Aug 14, 2012 at 7:37 AM  |  reply

I started running with the c25k ap and have been doing it for over 2 years now!!
    You go girl! You can do it!!

4. Stephanie
    posted on Aug 14, 2012 at 8:09 AM  |  reply

Yay! You can do it!

I will be doing my first 5K in September. While I am not sure that I will run the whole thing, I definitely plan on finishing it. And I hope that by the next 5K I enter I will be ready to RUN.

Good luck!

5. posted on Aug 14, 2012 at 8:55 AM  |  reply

I’m glad you brought this back to the Dixie Chicks, because I too hate running but did manage to finish one running the whole time. You can do it! Fave Dixie Chicks song of the day: Top of the World.

• posted on Aug 14, 2012 at 8:56 AM  |  reply

Maybe you didn’t say you *hate* running, so sorry I put you in my category.

6. posted on Aug 14, 2012 at 9:31 AM  |  reply

My friend ran the color run and she loved it. According to her, running while being sprayed with paint is the best run ever. I keep saying one day I’m going to start and finish a 5k. Hasn’t happened yet.

7. Melissa
    posted on Aug 14, 2012 at 10:47 AM  |  reply

Somedays You Gotta Dance 🙂

You are braver than I am! Running and I do not get along.

8. posted on Aug 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM  |  reply

So cool! I’m training with the c25k app too! And will be running a 5k on the 20th of October! Wish I was going to be in Nashville by then, but I won’t be making the move until the weekend after. Def would’ve done this with you and we could’ve been slow-run buddies! ‘Cause I’m fast like a turtle. …And laughing is my jam.

9. posted on Aug 14, 2012 at 1:10 PM  |  reply

I ran Color Me Rad (same idea) back in May in CT and it was SO fun. My friends and I went to Starbucks and out to lunch (outside) after. It was great to see people’s reactions to all of our color!