Perfectly Unique: ONE WEEK

on August 28, 2012 in Perfectly Unique with 23 comments by

September 4th is next Tuesday.

Seven days from today, Perfectly Unique will officially launch out into the world.

I’m breathing, but I accidentally just held my breath for those two sentences and I didn’t even realize it until my chest started to burn.

I’m excited. I’m nervous. Mainly today, I anxious to talk to you.

Not ask you for anything [sister, brother, that will come] and not boss you or joke around.

I need to write today like we are friends, because we are. Someday soon, there will be a lot of people who read my words that aren’t my friends- they aren’t you. They haven’t walked this with us. They will be welcomed and loved but, well, they won’t be you.

So today, I blog just to you. My friends.

Do you know what I want? I want to come over to your house, hug your neck, and say thank you.

And tell you that I’ll never forget.

I’ll never forget how you loved me when I moved away from home to big bad [and terribly wonderful] Nashville four years ago.

I’ll never forget how you prayed until I finished writing a book.

I’ll never forget how you cried with me when I signed with my first literary agent [and how you teared up with me when that didn’t pan out].

I’ll never forget how we’ve walked through good days and bad days, all through this computer screen.

I’ll never forget when From Head To Foot released and you rallied around that little puppy like it was your kid in a beauty pageant.

I’ll never forget how you cheered me to Scotland and cheered me right back home.

And I’ll never. no not ever. forget what it felt like to get to tell you about signing with Zondervan.

I’ll never forget that as much as this is my dream come true, it’s OUR dream too, isn’t it?

Next week, we celebrate. We party. And we throw our hands up in thanksgiving to God for all He has done to get us here.

But this week, I cry. As I sit here at my dining room table, tears streaming, completely undone, I can’t measure my gratefulness for you. You- yes I mean you personally. With 1000+ posts in our history, it is impossible to measure the heart of who we are here at AnnieBlogs. And no matter how many books I write, that will not change. We are still us and will be us, even when new friends join and haters leave nasty comments and people think I’m famous [when you know I am not]. We may never feel the difference of it not just being us anymore- in fact, I hope we don’t. But just in case, I wanted to talk to you.

Thank you.

Thank. You.

To God be the glory, y’all.

You are loved here.

1. merideth
    posted on Aug 28, 2012 at 7:30 AM  |  reply

So sweet Annie! I hardly know what to say. I just love hearing your honest heart here. I wish you were sitting here with me so I could give you a hug and tell you how incredibly awesome you are and how excited I am for you. You are so blessed and you deserve all these wonderful things that are happening. Enjoy every minute of it! I’m still praying for your heart as the big day approaches, and for the Lord’s peace and love to just wash over you. Love ya girl!

2. posted on Aug 28, 2012 at 7:39 AM  |  reply

Yay yay yay for you! And for all of us who get to take part in your wonderful words! It’s a blessing to watch God’s faithfulness in you.

3. Leanna
    posted on Aug 28, 2012 at 8:27 AM  |  reply

Annie you are just to sweet! I can’t wait to read this book! So looking forward to it.
    And I may get to visit Nashville in October so if I do, maybe we can meet for coffee in your fav spot!
    Praying good things for you!

4. posted on Aug 28, 2012 at 8:57 AM  |  reply

I am so very excited for you!! Thanks for always encouraging us and being honest. Love!

5. posted on Aug 28, 2012 at 10:14 AM  |  reply

i cannot wait to read the book… and then pass it along to my niece and her friends. these girls need scripture and truth and God’s word in their hearts and head while navigating the world of being a teen today. thank you annie for listening to God’s voice and following. maybe one day i will get the opportunity to take my niece (or daughters in a few years) to a girls of grace conference and hear you speak. counting down the days with you.

6. Beth
    posted on Aug 28, 2012 at 10:47 AM  |  reply

Can’t wait to read it also! It’s been such a joy reading of your journey here. And the best is yet to come! Many blessings!!

7. posted on Aug 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM  |  reply

8. KR
    posted on Aug 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM  |  reply

Sniffle sniffle! Can’t wait for the new book. I’m honored to “know” you. Don’t forget, Ima 4th chair one of these days no matter how famous you get.

9. posted on Aug 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM  |  reply

Looong time lurker here, I’ve been reading you for years now (it’s not nearly as creepy as it sounds) and I just want to say that I am so happy and excited for you. You deserve every single wonderful thing that comes to you. 🙂

10. posted on Aug 28, 2012 at 2:24 PM  |  reply

I haven’t been around for every major moment along the way to this moment (I’ve only been reading for a year or so), but I will tell you that I have loved every post I’ve read in between. Happy for you and cheering you on!

11. posted on Aug 28, 2012 at 2:26 PM  |  reply

Proud of you, friend. Love you. xo

12. posted on Aug 28, 2012 at 8:12 PM  |  reply

I am so excited for you and can’t wait to read it!!

13. posted on Aug 28, 2012 at 9:30 PM  |  reply

I’m so thankful for your writing and for the encouragement it has given me. Thank you for sharing your words with the world.

14. Madi
    posted on Aug 29, 2012 at 1:29 AM  |  reply

I am SO excited for you!! I so wish I could hug your neck back. You have such a gift with words and a heart for the Lord that is inspiring. As some one who has read every.single post on this precious blog, I am anxious to read your new book!

15. Stevie
    posted on Aug 29, 2012 at 10:00 AM  |  reply

Annie!! Love love love this!! Gosh so excited for you and this next big adventure!
    It is always such an encouragement to hope over to you and your daily writings!

16. cbed
    posted on Aug 29, 2012 at 10:12 AM  |  reply

Quit it, I’m trying to work here.

17. Kimberly
    posted on Aug 29, 2012 at 1:19 PM  |  reply

Annie, you HAVE to go to the BIG MAMA blog, I don’t know how to link it but she has a link on her blog to her editor…it’s her first book and the link is soooo funny. Being that you have now written two books you would really appreciate the humor. Just fyi. It’s in her #2 list.

18. Andrea
    posted on Aug 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM  |  reply

I will always remember laughing myself sick in the library with you at WJIS – now I’m going to be shelving your book in my library – wow. (Would you sign it?) Love you to pieces – and you know it!!

19. posted on Aug 30, 2012 at 9:07 AM  |  reply

Wow.. I’ve always loved & been moved by your writing but today that spoke more than ever before. I love this part: “Today, as I feel our front door opening soon to let others in, I just can’t answer that knock without first looking around the room, through blurry teared-up eyes, at all the faces that have shared this house for years, and say thank you.” And through blurry eyes we say thank YOU!

Thank you Annie for sharing your heart & always being REAL. I don’t know you but I can truly say I love ya & am praying for you & this crazy journey! I’m excited to see what God has in store. Praying many blessings!

20. posted on Aug 30, 2012 at 9:56 AM  |  reply

Annie, you have such an infectious personality. It’s just inevitable that some peeps are gonna think you’re famous and some are gonna get jelz and hate on you – ’cause yur awesomesauce and some peeps just can’t handle that. But we got your back. I’ve only been a part of this blognook for a handfull of months but I’ve read through tons of your posts and the comments of others and I feel nothing but an environment of love and encouragement here. God is faithful, he’ll take care of ya. And I know he’ll use us to help do it. 🙂 May God bless your little tush. Hugs!

21. posted on Aug 31, 2012 at 8:57 PM  |  reply

Oh, friend. I just love you so. So thankful God snuck me in the back(-door-friends-are-best) just in time. And I ain’t going nowhere. I don’t’ care if I have to sleep on the floor.

22. Claire
    posted on Sep 02, 2012 at 11:40 AM  |  reply

Annie you are such a special person.I have only been reading your blog for a few months and I just want to say thank you for what you do on’tinternet it’s great.A huge well done for getting published.Be encouraged. xx