Some things before Tuesday.

on September 3, 2012 in AnnieWrites, Perfectly Unique with 12 comments by

Hi friends.

We are 24 hours from the most annoying AnnieBlogs social media experience of your life. I apologize in advance. I have to tweet and Facebook until my fingers fall off when the book releases… I think that exact terminology is in my contract with Zondervan. So I’m sorry.

[It’s not really. But it might as well be.]

But before the most annoying AnnieBlogs social media experience of your life, I want to cover a few topics:

1. Emily Freeman

One of the pure joys of this experience is that one of my dear friends is releasing a book for teen girls tomorrow as well. We’ve talked about it, we’ve cried about it, we’ve laughed about it, and we have many-a-plan together that shall be hatched in the next few weeks.

Mainly, I want to tell you to buy Emily’s teen book, Graceful. It’s beautiful and strong and she speaks teen like it is her second language. I can’t wait until my small group gets ahold of it. You should get ahold of it too.

2. Angie Smith

Another favorite human in my life is Angie Smith and her book Mended released on Saturday. If Emily and I haven’t already blown your September book budget, I think this is one you should grab.

3. Amazon Review

Starting tomorrow, if you’ve read Perfectly Unique, it would help A.TON. if you would leave an Amazon Review. It has to do with an algorithm and google spiders and science and math and I don’t understand. I just know that the more people who leave their opinions, good or less than, the better off we are because the nerds at Amazon made it that way.

Pretty much, you are my people who have to do the foot work so that the rest of the world know about the book. And I’m really sorry and really grateful. 🙂

4. I’m feeling.

I’m feeling a lot of things. In typical Annie fashion, I’m pretty much running the emotional gamut of super excited to stay under the covers. Your prayers for the next 48 hours would be really appreciated as I attempt to not be a lunatic.

5. Thank you.

I said it before, but I want to say it again. No matter what happens in the next few days with the book, I’m really grateful for you.

6. Get ready.

Tomorrow is gonna be really fun. The internet will be a buzz for sure- between me and Emily and the crazies who love us- it’s gonna be loud. Forgive. Partake. Enjoy. Ignore. Whatever makes you happy.

7. New movie?

You know I don’t end lists on 6, and this gives me the perfect opportunity to ask your opinion. So my friend Heather and I decided that for two hours on Tuesday we are going to see a movie and I am going to ignore the internet. It’s not you. It’s me. It’s the best way to prevent complete lunatic behavior in my life.

So what new movie is out that we should see?

1. posted on Sep 03, 2012 at 6:13 AM  |  reply

This is so exciting, Annie! I pray the book ends up in the hands of those who need it most, that God prepares their hearts to receive it and that you would have peace and enjoy these days knowing you did exactly what He called you to do.

I’ve been thinking I might like to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green. If you see it, let me know what you thought.

• Jo Ann Lanier Hammel (used to be O'Malley - took back maiden name)
      posted on Sep 04, 2012 at 9:07 AM  |  reply

I was just going to suggest that movie…it is unusual and inspiring and a good fit for the day you would be seeing…it is about pouring love to others even when some are hard to love…

So excited for you and I ordered a book and will post on my timeline! I am way past being a teen but working with teens at Covenant House, a home for homeless youth from 17-21.

I am looking forward to seeing how God continues to work in your life!!! And I will blog a comment for Amazon when I get a chance to read it! (Full-time student at present…)

Jo Ann (Garrick and Connor’s mom)

2. gmh
    posted on Sep 03, 2012 at 11:34 AM  |  reply

The Odd Life of Timothy Green. Take tissues.

3. Wendy
    posted on Sep 03, 2012 at 11:35 AM  |  reply

Super excited for you friend! Praying for you! Blessings!

4. posted on Sep 03, 2012 at 11:41 AM  |  reply

SO SO SO EXCITED/HAPPY/PROUD OF YOU!

5. Bianca
    posted on Sep 03, 2012 at 12:09 PM  |  reply

Oh Annie! I’m so excited for you!!! Can’t wait.

6. posted on Sep 03, 2012 at 12:18 PM  |  reply

Best to you, Annie! I can’t wait to read your book and will keep holding you up in prayer. Thanks for also sharing about the other books. I strongly believe in not reinventing the wheel but collaborating with others who are also doing great things. I’m co-authoring a book for tweens, should be out 2014. God bless you & your perfectly unique ministry!

7. posted on Sep 03, 2012 at 12:26 PM  |  reply

Praying for you!

8. Susan
    posted on Sep 03, 2012 at 1:16 PM  |  reply

Girl, you’re about to launch out on Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride on steroids. This book is amazing. You connect with the hearts of young girls as they read it and remind them they’re not alone. You embed your message of truth in the midst of extreme humor. What’s not to love about you or your book. I sense the Lord is looking down on you with a big, fat smile, saying, “That’s my girl!”
    Love you,
    Susan

9. posted on Sep 03, 2012 at 6:57 PM  |  reply

Okay, from all of the dreamers out there? You know the ones whose lifelong goal is to be a published auther…even if we don’t quite have the dedication thing figured out quite yet? I have to say relish the words, “my contract with zondervan.” To you it’s old stuff, boring, and annoying but to some of us, it would be a dream come true, even the annoying parts 🙂 Blessings to you!

10. merideth
    posted on Sep 03, 2012 at 7:49 PM  |  reply

Already pre-ordered your book in kindle, and look forward to starting to read it this week. Praying for you and your heart, girl. As well as every girl who reads this book. Great idea with taking a movie break to hold onto your sanity. Sorry, though, no suggestions on what to see. Enjoy the next couple of days.

11. debs
    posted on Sep 03, 2012 at 8:54 PM  |  reply

From one of your biggest fans…check with your Momma as to why I just ordered 15 books and hope to come to a Marietta book signing! I am thrilled for you and thrilled and humbled to be called to lead a small group this fall at “Sanctuary Church” your new book release is perfect timing…our Father is like that! I love you girl and you are in my prayers!