Perfectly Unique: Here we go!!!

on September 4, 2012 in Perfectly Unique with 16 comments by

Dear friends,

So today is a big day in our little world. I literally cannot believe it is actually here!

Perfectly Unique releases out to the masses.

Whoa whoa whoa.

This book is so dear to me. From when I wrote it for a small group of high school girls in my living room, to self-publishing it as From Head To Foot, to now when big ol’ Zondervan has taken the reins and made it into Perfectly Unique.

What a wild and crazy five years.

Yes. FIVE YEARS.

You’ve been a part of those years, in one way or another, and today I would love for you to be a part of it all again.

Help me? Please?

. . . . .

Here are some options of how you can help make today a huge success. You can do all of these or any combo or just #5.

1. BUY THE BOOK!

Here it is on Amazon. Buy one for yourself and one for the teenage girl that lives on your street or the one who sits in front of you at church.

Or go to the store and get it! I KNOW. Crazy idea. I love local bookstores and totally support them. If you go there and they don’t have Perfectly Unique, ask them to order it!

. . . . .

2. AMAZON REVIEW

If you’ve read the book already, leaving an Amazon review would be REALLY helpful.

. . . . .

3. SOCIAL MEDIA

I’d love if you would tweet about the book, post on facebook about it, pin the cover on Pinterest.

Here’s an example tweet if you just wanna copy and paste:

My friend @annieblogs’s new book #PerfectlyUnique releases today! Get your copy here –> http://ow.ly/dqDtn

(PS- that’s just a short version of the Amazon link)

Or you could say whatever you want…. I’m not the boss of you.

On facebook, when you are sharing the Amazon link, feel free to tag my author page.

If you have a blog, will you blog about the book? I have a whole email for bloggers- let me know if you want me to send that to you… we can do an interview or whatever you want!

ALSO… tweet me some pics when you have the book or see it at a store! I want to see YOU with Perfectly Unique!

. . . . .

4. TELL YOUR FRIENDS

You know, everyone you see today. And tomorrow. And this week. πŸ™‚

. . . . .

5. PRAY

I just need my friends covering this whole thing today. That would mean a ton.

. . . . .

I’m really grateful for you. It means so much that you even care about Perfectly Unique. Really really.

Today is a dream come true. [Reading those comments… I’m kinda undone all over again.]

Thanks for being a part of this. I’m gonna stop before the tears get to be more than I can control.

Thanks thanks thanks.

1. Beth
    posted on Sep 04, 2012 at 4:33 AM  |  reply

What a great day! Praying for you! And wearing my purple AllStars in honour and support.

2. Kristi
    posted on Sep 04, 2012 at 5:20 AM  |  reply

Annie, I’ve been a “silent” visitor to your blog for many years. I apologize for having never commented before. May GOD bless you today and in the days to come. I have enjoyed reading along on your journey to this day. I may not get to do it today but I am planning to order a copy of your book for my daughter. We’re facing some tough issues right now and I know this would be a good read for both of us.

3. ~VA~
    posted on Sep 04, 2012 at 5:51 AM  |  reply

YAY! So excited for you!

4. posted on Sep 04, 2012 at 6:56 AM  |  reply

Here it goes! Hang on, girl, and enjoy the ride.

5. posted on Sep 04, 2012 at 8:16 AM  |  reply

How exciting! Shoot me the email for my blog…

6. posted on Sep 04, 2012 at 8:55 AM  |  reply

Annie Annie Annie! Yay for your book!!! πŸ™‚

I just sent you an email with a great idea (at least I think it’s a great idea) for today! Please check it out πŸ™‚

7. posted on Sep 04, 2012 at 9:02 AM  |  reply

Sooooo excited for you, Annie! And I’m looking forward to seeing how your book impacts the lives of many young women–including the two who reside in our home. Thanks for writing and speaking truth!

8. Michelle
    posted on Sep 04, 2012 at 10:13 AM  |  reply

Congratulations Annie! I am so excited for you! I’ve just ordered my copy!

9. Felicity
    posted on Sep 04, 2012 at 11:47 AM  |  reply

So happy for you today πŸ˜€

Covering you in prayer.

Am totally broke so will have to wait until I can get my hands on it, but I will!!

Much love

Felicity xx

10. posted on Sep 04, 2012 at 1:33 PM  |  reply

Annie Downs, I don’t know you but I’m so excited for you and proud of you and inspired by you! I have a lil’ blog but I’d love to write about it! I’m just coming off of my honeymoon and back into writing mode. I will try to write about how badly I want your book this week. πŸ™‚

11. Kit Stallings
    posted on Sep 04, 2012 at 2:55 PM  |  reply

ANNIE! I’m on my way to buy your book right now!! literally I talk about you all the time, and I can’t wait to read the it!! Sending prayers your way today! God is so good!!

12. Whitney
    posted on Sep 04, 2012 at 7:57 PM  |  reply

I’ve been thinking about this all day! So exciting for you!

13. posted on Sep 04, 2012 at 10:50 PM  |  reply

I read all your tweets and posts about your book today, along with those that tweeted to support you and I smiled! God is so good! I am excited to read your book and let God use it in my life and those that I impact! Thanks for letting God use you in so many lives!

I am still praying for you by the way!

14. posted on Sep 05, 2012 at 1:55 AM  |  reply

Sounds like your first day went well. Congrats! It is exciting to see God at work and His name proclaimed. Praying for continued success…

15. posted on Sep 05, 2012 at 6:48 AM  |  reply

So, so, so excited for you Annie!! Congratulations!!

16. posted on Sep 07, 2012 at 1:46 PM  |  reply