Word Revolution.

on September 17, 2012 in AnnieWrites, Girls of Grace, Word Revolution with 13 comments by

So after three Girls of Grace events where I get to talk on how our words matter, I felt a tug. A push. A shove? Probably.

Here’s what the God-shove felt like. I was standing in front of the mirror getting ready one morning, and this question scrolled across the ticker in my mind:

What if this generation killed the mean girl?

I know. Girls have been unkind to each other for generations, we’ve all dealt with it. The Mean Girl even has her own movie and she exists all over the place. It seems impossible to end her reign.

BUT IT ISN’T.

What if teenagers decided to use their words differently? What if they just decided, as a group, to cut it out?

I wanna be a part of that.

I am sure, LIKE SURE, that teen girls could change the world with words. I’m telling y’all. I can see it.

So I wrote a devotional about it.

This devotional is 30 days of how we can use our words better- how it’s done in the Bible, how it should be done in our homes, schools, and yes- online. [oh, I went there. Don’t you worry about that.]

So I rallied some troops to edit and design and make it happen – mainly Kyle, Luke, and Will – and I dove face first into writing this thing. [You may recall my brainstorming session here and the corner of my outline here and working on it here.]

And we did it. In about three weeks. Because we are insane.

[Did I have a book releasing the next week AND I decided to fill my life with writing a devotional? Yes. I told you. I’m insane.]

And.

IT IS TOTALLY FREE.

Why?

Because I want you to have it.

So. Go download THE WORD REVOLUTION.

And tell your friends to download it.

And share that puppy.

And let’s revolt together.

1. ~VA~
    posted on Sep 17, 2012 at 5:40 AM  |  reply

I’m so excited!

2. posted on Sep 17, 2012 at 5:44 AM  |  reply

Thank you.

3. posted on Sep 17, 2012 at 6:26 AM  |  reply

Awesome! Sharing now!!

4. posted on Sep 17, 2012 at 9:50 AM  |  reply

I’m sharing! How long should it take to get to our email?? 🙂

• posted on Sep 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM  |  reply

As soon as you put your email address in and hit submit, you should be directed to a second page (it takes a second). If you don’t see that second page, email me! annieblogs (at) gmail (dot) com

• posted on Sep 17, 2012 at 10:58 AM  |  reply

I didn’t get directed to another page after the email address was put in. I’ll try again and see what happens.

• posted on Sep 17, 2012 at 11:00 AM  |  reply

yeah, no page opens – it just says your message was successfully sent with a green box around it.

5. KR
    posted on Sep 17, 2012 at 10:16 AM  |  reply

Awesome! I’ve already shared it with my not-so-nice-to-each-other nieces. This will change their lives, if they let it. Yay!

6. merideth
    posted on Sep 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM  |  reply

So awesome! I’m with you on this girl. Definitely need to do away with the mean girl thing. Naturally, my computer doesn’t want to click on the link in your blog post. So, can you email me the full link to the devotional? Thanks!

7. posted on Sep 18, 2012 at 3:08 AM  |  reply

Well, now. How much do I love that you’re starting a revolution? A lot. A lot a lot. 🙂

You’re just the kind of crazy leader who *might* just pull it off. And even though I’m not a mean girl and I don’t even know any these days, I know they’re in my kids’ lives. For that reason I’m gonna clicky-clicky.

8. posted on Sep 18, 2012 at 1:07 PM  |  reply

You’re INSANELY AWESOME!! I can’t wait to share this with my 2 young adult daughters!!!
    THANK YOU!!

9. posted on Sep 25, 2012 at 3:29 PM  |  reply

[…] 30 days of focusing on my words. If you’d like to join in, you can download the study here. Yes, I know I’m not a “young” woman – despite Callie’s (9) recent […]

10. posted on Sep 25, 2012 at 9:40 PM  |  reply

I am on day 4! I am loving it already. It leads me to reading even more and finding myself fulfilled in my studies. I find that I can easily revolt. I make time when my husband gets home (he corrals the 2 year old) to read my daily devotional and read and note any other versus I run into to. Thank you so much for creating this. I know that I needed help to face those inner and outer demons trying to control my life and mind. I can already see a change in how i think and view myself and other women in my life.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the direction needed to focus more on Gods’ words.