Day 17: Bert.

on October 17, 2012 in 31 Days of Jokes with 8 comments by

I have a friend named Brett. Or Bret. I’m not sure.

Because we all call him Bert.

Well, not everyone. Just some of us. Because we have another Bret(t) in our lives, one of our friends just pretty much changed this Bret(t)’s name to Bert so if you come up to me and ask how Bret(t) is, I’m going to be confused because I don’t really keep up with Bret(t). But Bert is doing fine, thanks for asking.

I love Bert. I mean, in a friend way. We’re just buds. But I love the guy. He’s funny and kind and we like a lot of the same things and he’s going to be a lawyer and wait a minute did I just convince myself to fall in love with him?

[I’ll get back to you on that.]

Anyways, Bert texted me a joke this week because he’s hilarious [crap I have a crush now].

. . . . .

. . . . .

[Bert is white, I am blue, just FYI. Also, he’s great with emojis. This guy is irresistible!]

. . . .

What did one ocean say to the other ocean?

Nothing. They just WAVED.

. . . . .

That’s funny, huh?

And just in case you were wondering if I was going to have an awkward friendship with Bert from now on because of this post, yes. Yes I am.

1. posted on Oct 17, 2012 at 1:32 PM  |  reply

So I think maybe the awkwardness you created is funnier than the joke itself! Haha!!!!

2. posted on Oct 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM  |  reply

I actually borrowed some of your jokes when I met a friend of mine from London last week..she laughed a lot..haha..and I felt REALLY smart..cos I’m Norwegian, and could pull off English jokes! LOL

3. posted on Oct 17, 2012 at 2:50 PM  |  reply

welllll. . . awkward tells you what a relationship is really made of 🙂
    steph

4. posted on Oct 17, 2012 at 3:30 PM  |  reply

I just love you Annie! You make my heart smile everyday because of your jokes.

No…seriously, this week has been hard in so many ways and I read your blog and I laugh….and my heart smiles.

Thanks!

5. posted on Oct 17, 2012 at 6:43 PM  |  reply

you are one brave girl:) And I love the joke!!

6. Stephanie
    posted on Oct 17, 2012 at 9:38 PM  |  reply

I loved this post…yes, the joke was funny, but the awkwardness with friend “Bret/Bert” was the best part.

Thanks for making me smile on a very annoying evening. 🙂

7. Lori
    posted on Oct 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM  |  reply

I’m loving all the jokes. I taught this one to my 3 year old. This one was one she would understand and was a huge hit. I’m expecting her to get a lot of laughs at the next family party.

8. posted on Oct 23, 2012 at 4:19 PM  |  reply

Seriously love the jokes this month! And especially since I just started following your blog.

BTW, awkward is good in a relationship 😉 Kind of like tension? But the good kind.