Day 22: The joke’s on me.

on October 22, 2012 in 31 Days of Jokes with 6 comments by

You guys are going to like this joke so much. But even more, you’re going to like what a complete idiot I am.

Yesterday afternoon I get a text from my friend Graham.

We ate lunch together after church and a few hours later I got a text from her. Thinking she had a legitimate question, I answered as scholarly as possible.

Because, you know, I’m smart.

[Graham is white, I am blue, just FYI.]

And then she proceeded to laugh her head off at my attempt to help her really think through the first people to live in the continental USA.

I told you I was an idiot.

Here’s your joke, people.

. . . . .

How do we know Native Americans were the first in America?

They had reservations.

. . . . .

That’s funny. Because Native Americans really did / do live on reservations. Also, who in the world competes in Thanksgiving trivia? Apparently I think Graham does.

Happy Monday.

1. posted on Oct 22, 2012 at 6:12 AM  |  reply

Ethan is not in a good mood this morning so no laugh today from him. I giggled though.

2. posted on Oct 22, 2012 at 10:39 AM  |  reply

The joke is on Graham, because Native Americans did not have reservations before first contact.
    A reservation is just a corralled in jail for most Natives!

3. posted on Oct 22, 2012 at 11:22 AM  |  reply

On an Indian theme, our son shared this one this weekend. The Indian was having trouble sleeping, so he went to his doctor. “Doctor, I try to sleep in my wigwam, and I try to sleep in my teepee, but I just can’t sleep.”
    The doctor replied, “I think you are just too tense.”
    Oh my.

4. posted on Oct 22, 2012 at 1:13 PM  |  reply

Hahaha! too funny 🙂

5. Madi
    posted on Oct 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM  |  reply

LOL! The joke and text are hilarious (though the text probably more so…). My husband had the same reaction, too…”I don’t think they were…there’s evidence that they probably weren’t.”

6. Rei
    posted on Nov 04, 2012 at 10:24 PM  |  reply

Ahahahaha I almost think the text conversation (and you answering her question with a legitimate answer) was funnier than the actual joke. Although the joke is really funny too!