Here I Am!

on December 6, 2012 in AnnieWrites with 9 comments by

Sorry I’ve been MIA lately, friends. And sorry that I’m throwing off your “Annie blogs in the morning or not at all” knowledge today by posting in the smack middle of the afternoon. But I just wanted to pop in and say HERE I AM FRIENDS!

After the small group snoozle that was a total beautiful success, I shuffled the sleepy gals out of my house at 8am and hopped a plane to Austin, Texas.

I’ve never been to Austin, Texas before but based on the fact that I’ve had tortilla chips three out of four meals and I’m currently wearing my favorite outfit [long sleeve t-shirt and shorts], I think I’m gonna like it here.

My friend Jennie Allen brought me to the lone star state to brainstorm and help her prep for her next book. If you haven’t read Anything by Jennie, please gift yourself this book for Christmas. Really.

So here we are, holed up in a downtown Austin guest house, sticky-noting ourselves towards completing Jennie’s next project.

It looks like this.

And then three hours later, it starts looking like this.

That bright light is probably an angel.

[Or the sun coming in behind me. Whatevs.]

So we’re in a mid-afternoon slump where Jennie’s brain is fried like our tortilla chips [I’m working her to death, y’all] and so we sit quietly on the couch, check facebook, watch random youtube videos, and blog so you know I survived having ten college girls in my house for fourteen hours.

Hi. I survived. And loved it.

Also, Hi. I’m in Austin. And I’m loving it.

Jennie and I will bust through this brainstorm until tomorrow afternoon when I fly back to Nashville for a weekend of Christmas parties and revelry.

So if you’re wondering why it’s a bit quiet around these parts, blame the sticky notes.

. . . . .

Hey! Here’s one more cool thing before I go…. I’ve figured out a way to autograph all the copies of Perfectly Unique you’ve purchased to give as Christmas gifts!! Pop back tomorrow and I’ll tell you all about it.

1. posted on Dec 06, 2012 at 4:06 PM  |  reply

You’re amazing, Annie. You never cease to amaze me with all you have going on.

2. caren
    posted on Dec 06, 2012 at 4:06 PM  |  reply

Yay that you’re in Texas!! Sad it’s not Dallas though! Texadelhphia is soo yummy!! Miss you! Come to Dallas! Love you!
    ps- I made puppy chow and thought of you and Candace!

3. posted on Dec 06, 2012 at 4:28 PM  |  reply

Let’s talk about the mustard sauce. For hours. You should know that they sell it by the jar. And I buy it by the jar. And it goes on sandwiches, on burgers, on tortilla chips, on pizza, on just about anything really. If you didn’t try it, and love it, our friendship will be in question.

• posted on Dec 06, 2012 at 4:36 PM  |  reply

I dip my chips in the mustard sauce. Because who doesn’t?

• posted on Dec 06, 2012 at 5:13 PM  |  reply

No- their Ranch puts their mustard to pity and shame….

• posted on Dec 06, 2012 at 5:17 PM  |  reply

We always agree! Except on this! Mostly because YOU ARE WRONG. Their ranch is incredible but their mustard sauce is out of this world.

• posted on Dec 06, 2012 at 5:35 PM  |

Clearly, Lindsey and I must now stage an intervention on behalf of the mustard blend. Really, Jennie?? The ranch?? You need to get right with the Lord. (And also? Yippee on all this book writing/sticky noting!)

4. posted on Dec 06, 2012 at 4:35 PM  |  reply