Downton Abbey.

on February 18, 2013 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 10 comments by

No. You. Didn’t.

I’m not going to spoil it, I’m just going to say No sir, Julian Fellowes, NO SIR.

My only consolation today comes thanks to Nester. She always knows how to deal with my heartaches.

Y’all have a great Monday. And don’t be that guy who writes spoilers in the comments. You can share your emotions about Downton Abbey ending last night, but don’t be Spoiley McSpoilerson.

[Also. We must talk about The Bach. Tomorrow. Seriously. So watch tonight if you wanna discuss Sean Lowe and his pretty stellar decision making thus far.]

1. posted on Feb 18, 2013 at 10:54 AM  |  reply

I have it on the DVR and have only watched 30 minutes so far. I’m trying to get back to it before someone spoils it for me. Ack!

2. Sara
    posted on Feb 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM  |  reply

Oh my word! I so needed that. I think flabbergasted is my favorite thing, maybe ever.

3. posted on Feb 18, 2013 at 1:29 PM  |  reply

Here’s what Julian Fellowes had to say about the episode. (Don’t click through if you haven’t seen it yet!) I don’t like it, but I understand why he did what he did. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/programs/features/news/julian-fellowes-season-finale?elq=eda4b533401948dd990c18e2b94a16dd&elqCampaignId=541

4. posted on Feb 18, 2013 at 2:12 PM  |  reply

I had read spoilers before the episode, so I know what was going to happen, but I still didn’t like it.

I did think of you as I was hiding under my blanket during certain parts of the episode…just can’t stand it when the characters do stupid things!

5. posted on Feb 18, 2013 at 3:01 PM  |  reply

I had already watched the entire UK airing of the season, so it amuses me to see the reactions of people who are just now finding out what I’ve been keeping mum about for a few months.

6. posted on Feb 18, 2013 at 3:54 PM  |  reply

GAH! No spoilers but…I’m seriously considering re-watching the first two seasons, ending with the Christmas engagement, and pretending that’s where the show stops. My heart can’t handle anymore!

7. posted on Feb 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM  |  reply

Annie, thanks for not spoiling! Not quite there yet.

8. Brooke
    posted on Feb 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM  |  reply

Dan Stevens is the one to blame… poor Fellowes really had no choice. I’ll never understand why Stevens thought this was a good move. I bet he’s feeling the heat right now!

9. LisaW
    posted on Feb 20, 2013 at 6:42 PM  |  reply

Heartbroken! But even more upset that I have to wait another year to see the next season!!! But love how so many of the characters have changed and grown this season!

10. posted on Feb 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM  |  reply

I’m SO looking forward to next season..this series got me hooked.