Sean The Bachelor: Real Talk.

on February 19, 2013 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 10 comments by

This post shall include spoilers for anyone who gives a rip about the world of The Bachelor. You’ve been warned.

Let’s get serious about Sean the Bachelor.

[In the following blog post, I’m going to say things like “he is s0-and-so” and I want you to know that I do not actually currently know Sean, so the things “he is” are things he is presenting to use via television and internet. Caveat complete.]

Sean is a good dude, isn’t he? I mean, at every turn he just seems to be seeking God and actually being wise and I’m all, “No joke, if this guy lived in Nashville, we’d be buds.”

We would.

We wouldn’t be in love, but we would totally sit together at church and I’d try to set him up with lots of my friends and I bet we’d sometimes hang out at Portland Brew and I’m just telling y’all he has won me over and I want to be his friend forever.

just pals

See? Look at us. Just two buddies, hanging out, I’m smiling too big as I tend to do when I’m with my friends.

So, with that being said, my friend Sean had a big night last night and has now narrowed down his choices to three gals: Lindsay, Catherine, and Ashlee.

No one can be shocked that Dez went home. I mean, seriously, that brother? WOOF. Surely he feels bad today, right? I mean, surely. I can’t blame Sean for letting her go- to be related to that fella for the rest of your life? No to the thanks.

Catherine? Eh, she’s alright. My #2. She seems like fun, but the things her sisters said? I would be concerned. Sean, I’m concerned. I wish you’d listen to me because you know I’m a genius and I’ve been right so far in every other situation where you’ve asked my advice. [These are things I say to my guy friends.]

Lindsay is my #3, though her little teen brother was adorbs and is probably a hit with all the ladies now at school. I think she’s too young to make this thing last.

My hopeful winner? AshLee. Am I sympathetic to a 32 year old single girl finding love and being FULL OF EMOTION all the time and dramatizing the polar bear swim into a type of baptism?

Maybe.

The girls I watch with were not so impressed with AshLee’s story telling or her dramatic arts. Meanwhile I say quietly and judged the fact that I totally related to her and found her ability to express herself to be very sweet and similar to what I would do.

Ahem.

So. I hope she is the one that he picks.

Meanwhile. Tierra is a loon and I am glad she is gone, though I still am not sure she lights a candle to the crazy that Courtney offered us. Also, Tierra is on instagram, so I hope that you waste a few minutes of your Tuesday scrolling through her insanity, including an apparent engagement?

And there is a Sean Tells All episode tonight, so that is great. I love when my friends are on TV.

. . . . .

Who do you think Sean is going to pick?Β

Once he and I are friends, do you want to come hang out with us?

1. posted on Feb 19, 2013 at 7:58 AM  |  reply

Well I though the was going to pick Desiree. But I missed last night’s episode so I didn’t know he sent her packing.

Not sure if the other girls are his best match…

2. posted on Feb 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM  |  reply

OK wait, I am watching the hometown visit episode online now on ABC’s website and it looks like if Desiree was not for him then perhaps Ashlee…both of their dads are pastors so they understand each other’s upbringing, they seem really into each other….I would have to say if it’s between Catherine and Ashlee that Ashlee would be the one to win the proposal…but the true question is whichever woman he picks, will they make it to the altar? And then STAY together…if I recall correctly only TWO couples in the 13 seasons of this show actually have stayed together and started a family.

3. Hope
    posted on Feb 19, 2013 at 8:28 AM  |  reply

So do you read his sister’s blog? I think she’d be a good friend and fun to hang with, too… I had been reading it before Sean was even on the Bachelor. Not sure how I stumbled on it, but I already liked her…and then I liked him because I felt like I knew him since I sort of did from her blog! She’s a kick – and posts every week the morning after the show (plus answers questions in the comments). She also tweets during the show sometimes…including funny comments from her kids (like what Kensington, her 4 year old, would say to Sean when he’d keep Tierra…like “NO! Uncle Seanie she’s crazy!” πŸ™‚ ha ha!)

Shay’s blog/twitter are Mix and Match Mama

4. posted on Feb 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM  |  reply

OK Annie,
    I just finished watching the entire hometown visit episode and it was so sad when Sean told Des, “I’m going to miss you so much” and she pleads, “Then don’t let me go”! That’s messed up. Like I said from the get go, I thought Des was the perfect match for Sean and yet he lets her go? That’s really messed up.

5. Leanna
    posted on Feb 19, 2013 at 10:27 AM  |  reply

I’m with you, I like AshLee for him. And I could see their families meshing really well.
    But that could be my 33yr old heart thinking the same things yours does.
    Hoping for her that things work out and knowing that things are different when falling in love at this age and the way you express that vs how it was when you were 28 or younger.

But seriously just love this guy…It’s nice to have a bach that isn’t scum.

6. Hope
    posted on Feb 19, 2013 at 11:59 AM  |  reply

Oh, and my other thought…I think Sean made his decision between his F1 and F2 last night…though he’ll never admit that out loud b/c that’d “ruin” the ending. I think that’s why it was so hard. I think Ashlee and Lindsey were easy decisions b/c he likes them just fine but he knows he’s not marrying one of them…I think he was making the which am I letting go of for good as if it’s the last day tonight now between Des and Catherine. Just my thoughts (for reasons beyond what I’ll share here!)

7. Hillary
    posted on Feb 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM  |  reply

I’m typically again such televised shenanigans, but you’re making me wish I watched it! He sounds like a decent dude. That I’d likely develop a crush on and wish I had taken the advice of my best friend 6 months ago and considered going on this show. Ya snooze, ya lose! πŸ™‚

8. posted on Feb 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM  |  reply

Catherine is my least fave. Seanie and I (because all my guy friends love it when I get them emasculating nicknames) are gonna have a chat if he picks her.

I’m rooting for the Missouri girl πŸ™‚ Not only because I am one, but because it seemed that her family was a natural fit. The family dates, in my opinion, are as real life as a show like the Bachelor can get, and if that’s true, then she’s got the best luck of reversing the Bachelor curse (scandalous, tabloid covered break up in 3-6months).

Also, sweet Ashlee and her mild social awakwardness? I want to love her, but she’s killing me with all the yelping and eye batting. Settle down, sister. πŸ™‚

9. Hannah
    posted on Feb 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM  |  reply

Once you two are friends, DON’T LET April hang out with him. She’ll probs cry. πŸ˜‰

But me? I’d be cool with it. #justsayin’

10. posted on Feb 21, 2013 at 4:21 PM  |  reply

I’m so glad I was delivered from watching that show some years ago. It kept my blood pressure rising. HA!