Day 7 :: Brave

on October 7, 2013 in 31 Ways To Speak Love, Sounds good to me. with 7 comments by

31 waysEvery Monday of October, I want to share with you a song that speaks directly about the power of words.

Brave by Sara Bareilles is absolutely the first one that came to mind. Not only does she encourage us to say the things we need to say, but to do it even when it isn’t easy.

Take time to read the lyrics. They are incredible.

Enjoy the video below. I hope it’s a happy part of your Monday.

SPEAK LOVE NOW

Post this video on your facebook wall or tweet a link to it. Remember today to be brave with your words, whatever that looks like. Say what you need to say. 🙂 Who needs to hear a kind word from you? Don’t hesitate. Speak Love.

. . . . .

What are your favorite songs about the power of words? I’d love to hear!

And remember that we’ve made a Perfectly Unique Spotify Playlist as well as a Speak Love Spotify Playlist for you to subscribe to and enjoy!

This is Day 7 of 31 Ways to Speak Love. You can click here to see a list of all the posts in the series.

1. Caroline
    posted on Oct 07, 2013 at 6:25 AM  |  reply

What an inspiring video!

2. Heather
    posted on Oct 07, 2013 at 11:26 AM  |  reply

Thank you for sharing this Annie. I had heard the song on the radio but never processed the words. Very inspiring — especially the video!

3. Nanette R
    posted on Oct 07, 2013 at 11:39 AM  |  reply

I heard this song while on campus for family weekend at my son’s college and didn’t know the great lyrics (except for the catchy chorus). Thanks for sharing the fun video and the lyrics!

4. posted on Oct 07, 2013 at 2:45 PM  |  reply

Love this song! And dancing is pretty amazing too:) Thanks for this reminder Annie. I’m with you.

5. posted on Oct 11, 2013 at 8:11 AM  |  reply

[…] Downs shared this with her readers on Monday. (Don’t know Annie? Go check out her blog! You’ll love her). […]

6. posted on Oct 12, 2013 at 8:10 PM  |  reply

Enjoyed this song and shared it!
    Listen to a local Nashville Artist Julie Lee. http://www.julielee.org She has a song: There will never be another you…think that is title. She is a remarkable person!

7. Wynne
    posted on Oct 15, 2013 at 10:28 PM  |  reply

love this post! well, love this series! it’s so encouraging and love your challenges. i’ve watched this video a few times now. working on sharing something god has been nudging me to share for a while on my blog + so this song is my anthem tonight as I get ready to be BRAVE!