Once Upon A Time.

on November 20, 2013 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 15 comments by

once-upon-a-time

Seriously.

Are any of y’all watching this show?

Or Once Upon A Time in Wonderland?

Once-Upon-a-Time-in-Wonderland-Title-Card

I’m obsessed with both.

Here’s why:

The characters are familiar to me [us] because they are fairy tale characters, for the most part. Except Emma and Henry. But whatever. And so because they are familiar, you have a full story of them in your head, but then the writers go back into each character’s personal story and it’s amazing writing.

Peter Pan is a bad guy. That’s pretty interesting.

The weaving of storyline and characters is fascinating to me- Rumpelstiltskin in love with Belle from Beauty and the Beast? Jaffar from Aladdin working with the Queen of Hearts from Wonderland? Jiminy Cricket being everyone’s favorite counselor? Yes and yes. It’s so fun.

The scenery is gorgeous.

The costumes are so colorful and creative.

I’m a major sucker for fantasy-type stories like this, especially when I’m looking for a quick 45 minute escape from real life.

So yes. I’m a big big fan.

. . . . .

Your thoughts?

Do you watch it?

Do you like it?

What do you think?

1. posted on Nov 20, 2013 at 5:17 AM  |  reply

Yes! I am a fan of both, too. I love how they take a familiar fairy tale and give it an interesting twist. I’m always thinking, “What?!” Somehow they have made Henry a relative to every fairy tale character known to man! I never watched Lost, but now I may have to give it a whirl since these are the same writers.

• posted on Nov 20, 2013 at 11:59 AM  |  reply

I know! There is a HILARIOUS family tree online- and how everyone is related to Henry. 🙂

Who is your favorite character?

2. Christina
    posted on Nov 20, 2013 at 9:50 AM  |  reply

I love Once Upon A Time! Awesome show- kinda sad that we have to wait till Dec 2 for the next episode!

• posted on Nov 20, 2013 at 11:59 AM  |  reply

Aw man! I didn’t realize it was two weeks! Shoot. Are you a fan of Wonderland episodes too?

3. posted on Nov 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM  |  reply

Duh. Of COURSE I love it!! The original. I’ve refrained from adding the spinoff (is it technically a spinoff? I don’t think so. Whatever. You know what I mean.) so far. How on EARTH have the writers convinced me that I like Captain Hook more than Prince Charming? What is this world coming to? (Apparently a bizarre appreciation of men in eyeliner, but that’s another topic for another post, I suspect.)

Yep. I love this show. (Have you read the recaps/analysis on SortaCrunchy.net from last year? DO IT. Her perspective on the show is ah-maze-ing, and the comments are just as good!)

• posted on Nov 20, 2013 at 12:04 PM  |  reply

I was hoping you’d share your thoughts! I can’t believe you haven’t jumped on the Wonderland train. You should. It’s great.

And NO! I haven’t seen that website from last year. Happy afternoon to me.

Also. I love Captain Hook.

4. Lindsay W
    posted on Nov 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM  |  reply

I love Once Upon a Time. And I swoon over Captain Hook. 🙂

5. Jill
    posted on Nov 20, 2013 at 12:36 PM  |  reply

I’m obsessed with Once Upon a Time. My husband will even watch it with me! I love the unique perspective the writers use! Plus, a little twist to a fairy tale is a good thing, because it never really turns out that way in real life anyways, right? I think I’m Mary Margaret though in her “love always wins” way (although I wish I was fierce like her with the arrows). I haven’t jumped on the Wonderland wagon yet, although I’m not really sure why!? I think I was afraid it wouldn’t be AS good and ruin it. I’m happy to hear that’s not true! No way I could pick a favorite. I even like Rumple sometimes!!

6. posted on Nov 20, 2013 at 1:27 PM  |  reply

The fact that IRL Snow and Charming are engaged just makes it even better.

7. Caryn
    posted on Nov 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM  |  reply

Duuuuude- that show is the bomb! My cousin got me *hook*ed on it for reals. I keep hoping rumple will turn completely good. “There is always hope.”

So, Emma and Neil?
    Or, Emma and Hook?
    That’s the real question here.

8. posted on Nov 20, 2013 at 2:12 PM  |  reply

YES! I LOVE Once Upon a Time. I’ve watched from the beginning…Sunday night isn’t complete without it. I’ve always been a fairy tale buff, so it makes me smile to see old “friends” and see the creativity the writers use in this show.

9. posted on Nov 20, 2013 at 3:02 PM  |  reply

I love Once Upon a Time. We have Wonderland recorded but have not managed to watch them yet. This is one of the few shows my husband and I enjoy watching together that we haven’t said it’s too raunchy and need to quit watching. I love that it’s clean and entertaining!

10. Emily
    posted on Nov 20, 2013 at 4:14 PM  |  reply

I love Once Upon a Time! It is must see for me! The stories/characters are so well developed. Plus, I love anyone I can root for {if that makes sense!}. I’ve refrained from Wonderland thus far.

11. Carrie K
    posted on Nov 21, 2013 at 10:44 AM  |  reply

LOVE this show!! it cracks me up how each of the characters is so “disney” in the colors they wear…the things their characters love…its just kind of cool to see a back story and all the twists 🙂

Also…Annie, I saw this and IMMEDIATELY knew you would love it 🙂 http://www.buzzfeed.com/alannabennett/10-people-who-are-proof-that-we-shouldnt-look-dow-d2yp

12. Rachel
    posted on Dec 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM  |  reply

I LOVE Once upon a time! I started watching it just a little while ago and I LOVE it! Thanks for the recommendation 🙂