A Brave Story: Audrey Shae

on September 3, 2014 in #thatisbrave with 8 comments by

thatisbravesquared[Once a week, I am going to be sharing with you a brave story sent in from a reader. You can comment, respond, encourage. Want to submit your own story or a story of a brave friend of yours? Head to thatisbrave.com!]

This week’s #thatisbrave story comes from Audrey Shae. She is wrestling through some hard things that many of us, no matter our age, can relate. Not only is she brave in her wrestling, I think it was really brave to share! Her words, and her name, are used with her permission.

. . . . .

Hi, Annie.

I’m a teenage girl who battles on a daily basis with vanity. I obsess over healthy food. I desperately searched for my self-esteem by how my three dimensional existence looked liked, but I didn’t find much. At all. I was left empty-handed. Every morning, I rise and battle the idol of self-worship. But, I am getting better. I am slowly finding my self-esteem in my lovely soul and the One who created it. Some days, I stumble. I work out a bit too much or stress over situations that involve ‘unhealthy’ food. But, Jesus is carrying me, because I am truly not strong enough to walk this road on my own. God is guiding me to the path of mental health. He is ultimately guiding me to Him, my Guide and my Strength. God is forcing me to trust in him. My radical Healer is asking me to keep my chin up and be brave for him. Everyday.

. . . . .

If you have any encouragement for Audrey Shae- leave it in the comments below!

. . . . .

1. Heather
    posted on Sep 03, 2014 at 8:36 AM  |  reply

I agree with Annie that it is brave to share such a personal story. All the best Audrey Shae!

2. MadiRose
    posted on Sep 03, 2014 at 9:55 AM  |  reply

Thank you for sharing, Audrey Shae! I’ll be praying for you!

3. posted on Sep 03, 2014 at 10:23 AM  |  reply

The teenage years are the hardest. I’m so glad you have found your self worth is in Jesus rather than how the world sees you. Bless you

4. posted on Sep 03, 2014 at 6:09 PM  |  reply

Thanks for your bravery! God sees your heart and knows your struggles. Being a teenage girl was very difficult for me. Being authentic as a teenager is and was very challenging because of all of the social pressures we face. Rock on, girlfriend!

5. posted on Sep 03, 2014 at 6:25 PM  |  reply

oh how i relate to you girl! let me encourage you that there is FREEDOM! “there is power in the name of Jesus…to break every chain!”. thank you for sharing, brave one!

6. posted on Sep 03, 2014 at 10:27 PM  |  reply

I think it was really brave of you to share your story! You are on the right road, tho…realizing that your worth is found in Christ alone. So many aren’t even that far along and my heart breaks for them. Thank you for sharing your heart! You are brave!

7. Ann Jorgensen
    posted on Sep 04, 2014 at 9:57 PM  |  reply

Wow! Annie, your testimony is awesome. You have learned lessons that I didn’t learn until I was much older. And like you, I am still working on them. #thatisbrave for sure! God has great plans for you.

8. Kristi
    posted on Sep 05, 2014 at 11:09 AM  |  reply

As the Mom of a teenage girl I applaud your bravery in sharing your story. These years are difficult but you are on the right track – stay true to who GOD created you to be! My daughter is struggling with some issues right now too but recently rededicated her life to GOD and it is amazing to watch the changes taking place in her life. GOD’s blessings to you each and every day!