I just called to say I Love You.

on March 26, 2015 in Nash-livin', Ze Bloggy Goodness with 8 comments by

That is legitimately my favorite song on the planet. It makes me tear up every time I hear it. I don’t really know why, but it does.

It is not, however, my karaoke song of choice. That is “Islands in the Stream.” Obviously. Because Dolly Parton has a sweet place in my heart. Have I ever told you the story of being in a carseat (so maybe I was three or four?) and singing “Workin’ 9 to 5” outloud while listening to it in my headphones. I didn’t realize everyone couldn’t hear it, so I was just belting it.

Anyways. All that to say.

I just called to say I Love You is my way of saying I AM HERE AND YOU ARE THERE AND I AM SO SORRY I HAVEN’T BLOGGED THIS WEEK.

About twice a year, I get a two week stretch that is so stressful to me and my calendar is so jam packed that it kinda makes me feel like passing out and eating all the chocolate in the world and staying in my bed all at the same time. But I don’t get to do any of that, I just get to keep writing and attempting to meet deadlines and traveling and speaking and WORKING ON MY NEXT BOOK SQUEAL! and making videos and the like.

So.

I’m in the smack middle of that.

(And yes. Soon I will tell you about the next book because I’m gonna need your help and want your input.)

I have 30 minutes free this afternoon, so I thought I’d catch up with you a bit, in bullet form fashion.

–> I’m addicted to this Harney & Sons Paris Tea right now. Like. ADDICTED.

–> Like many of you, I have been enjoying watching an episode or six of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. Tina Fey’s comedy writing style is so so funny to me, and this series is fascinating and hilarious. It’s relatively clean, which I appreciate, and I laugh out loud every episode at some point. It is 30Rock-esque, if you enjoyed that. There is a great article by Elizabeth Esther on the show. I’d highly suggest reading it.

–> Y’all. I have had TWO pretty major allergic reactions to milk in the last week. For starters, a soup I was given, that I was PROMISED was dairy-free, was actually cream-based. (Which is why I kept saying, “Are y’all sure this is dairy free? It’s white. Wow. Amazing. Delicious!”) Yes, the restaurant apologized and yes I got a gift card and yes I survived, so huzzah. But then the second one is all on me because I used WHEY protein powder in a smoothie. Whey? Like curds and whey? Like milk? Yes, Annie. Milk. My entire head gets itchy and I get a migraine and it’s horrible. So. There’s that.

–> I cannot quit the Bethel Church podcasts. If you are looking for a good sermon to add to your weekly commute or walk around the neighborhood, I’d suggest this.

–> I’ve always been a soccer fan. You probably know that. But I’ve finally gotten on board with an EPL team this season and man do I love Liverpool FC. I have friends trying to get me to switch for next season, but for now? GO REDS.

So there’s a quick Annie update.

How are you?

. . . . .

1. posted on Mar 26, 2015 at 8:10 PM  |  reply

Oh I must try that tea. Must.

2. posted on Mar 27, 2015 at 5:41 AM  |  reply

I can’t wait to hear more about the new book. The milk reaction – wow. I’m glad you’re better. I Just Called to Say I Love You is a favorite song of my mama’s. I think of her every time I hear it. I’m aging myself, but Downtown was my song of choice to belt out when I was a toddler. Look it up since that was about 20 years before your time. 😉 Last week my son was driving the lawn mower around the yard while I was washing the car. I kept hearing something when I finally realized he was singing loudly for the whole neighborhood to hear. He was oblivious. “Tonight, we are young….” Made my day! His? Not so much. Have a great weekend!

3. posted on Mar 27, 2015 at 8:25 AM  |  reply

It’s always good to hear your updates, Miss Annie. Also, make more videos, because that last one was just a whole lotta fun.

I am currently loving…MUSIC: The Vespers, Kings Kaleidoscope, The Oh Hellos, and extremely anxious for the new Josh Garrels album…

BOOKS: All the Places To Go by John Ortberg, Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin, and re-reading Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott

APPS: “Chatbooks” for all my Instagram pretties in a book, and the addicting “Wordbubbles” game, where I have spent a ridiculous amount of money for more clues. Yes, I am pitiful.

Can’t wait to hear more about this new book of yours!

4. Carrie
    posted on Mar 27, 2015 at 10:32 AM  |  reply

When I was young there were these street signs that said “islands.” I asked my mom. She said the concrete things that divide the street are islands. So for the longest time I could not understand why people thought that the “islands in the street” song was so romantic.

Been there on the milk allergy thing…..the question is always can I make the drive home from the restaurant before the migraine makes it impossible.

5. posted on Mar 27, 2015 at 12:14 PM  |  reply

Oh, Annie, I simply adore you. I’m well. 🙂 Hope you have a great, rejuvenating weekend!!!

6. Deborah
    posted on Mar 30, 2015 at 12:44 PM  |  reply

You are too adorable! I just have to tell you that I love your podcast. I have long commute to work (about an hour each way) and I just love it when there’s a new podcast to keep me entertained on the drive. Blessings to you!!

7. posted on Apr 06, 2015 at 12:04 PM  |  reply

That songs makes me cry every time also. 🙂 I love it!

8. posted on Apr 08, 2015 at 1:29 PM  |  reply

I have only heard good things about the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. In fact, I came home from work last week and my sister had watched the ENTIRE series while I was slaving away at my desk. Slaving, I tell you. And she was laughing. Sigh. Someday I shall watch it! 🙂