Well here’s a thing that’s never happened before.

on June 19, 2015 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 10 comments by

galatians56

I haven’t blogged in a month.

I’m so sorry, y’all.

If you were around these parts for the writing phase of Let’s All Be Brave in 2013, you probably haven’t been all that surprised. When I’m writing, I’m quieter here. I don’t mean to be, I just run out of words by the end of the work day.

(By the way, the Let’s All Be Brave ebook is only $2.99! So if you haven’t gotten it yet, this is your time, people.)

So yes. I’m writing. Yes, a book.

I will tell you more about what I’m working on suuuuuuper soon. I promise! As soon as I’m allowed to spill the beans, SPILL THE BEANS I SHALL.

Also. Here’s another real truth. There’s a lot going on in our world that I just don’t know how to put words around. And as I watch people on the internet say a lot of things very quickly, I find myself saying very little because it only takes one little viral incident (or when you have a blog post that will not quit being shared) to teach a blogger to keep her mouth shut unless she is SURE she wants a million people to read her thoughts. 🙂 And in some of what’s going on right now, I just need to think and process and pray a little more before I speak.

It’s this new thing I’m trying. Thinking before I speak. I’ll let you know how it goes. 🙂

Here’s what I will tell you. My pastor Pete Wilson used a verse last week that I can’t get out of my head.

Galatians 5:6

The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

So I’m trying to filter all the things through

1) What do I believe about God?

2) How do I express that faith through love?

3) What does that actually look like in my life?

I hope that verse will mean something to you today. It’s been messing with me the last two and half weeks, in the right kind of ways. And when I think about writing and blogging and what’s going on with our world and what I want to say, I just keep thinking about what it looks like for love to be expressed because of my faith.

Paul says it’s the only thing that counts. I think he may be right.

. . . . .

I mean. Have you ever read a more jumbled what in the world blog post in your life?!? I know. I’m so sorry. But I wanted to say hi and let you know all is well I am alive I’m just a little quiet and writing and thinking and learning and summer.

Hope you are well too.

1. posted on Jun 19, 2015 at 3:43 PM  |  reply

Thank you for this Annie! I’ve been struggling a bit, wondering if I’m doing something wrong by keeping my mouth shut on certain things. But it’s so encouraging to hear you give this encouragement and way to filter our thoughts before we speak. Thank you!
    Alesha <3

2. Debs
    posted on Jun 19, 2015 at 5:41 PM  |  reply

Annie…I just want to say “Hi” too…reading this has already refresh me…I am going to let that verse and your thoughts sink in…”The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.” I am finding that being quiet ( a challenge for me too) is a really good thing…when we are quiet we tend to “hear more.”

3. Heather
    posted on Jun 20, 2015 at 8:15 AM  |  reply

Pleased to see your name in my inbox this morning. Just thought the other day that you had been pretty quiet…Happy to learn it’s for good reasons. Looking forward to hearing about that next book!

All the best Annie 🙂

4. posted on Jun 20, 2015 at 8:29 AM  |  reply

Can’t wait to read your next book! Keep being authentic and open, the way you do … It’s so rare and refreshing. Write away!

5. Jenn in GA
    posted on Jun 20, 2015 at 9:22 AM  |  reply

Yes, this world is B.R.O.K.E.N. It is so hard. In this world you will have trouble, Jesus said.

My pastor preached about Galatians 5:6 too. In some ways, that approach is freeing. In other ways it’s UBER challenging. With you, girlfriend.

We’ll wait as patiently as possible for your words. You don’t owe us anything. All is grace.

6. posted on Jun 21, 2015 at 4:51 AM  |  reply

Yes. Your words echo what my heart has doodled for weeks now. I have so much respect for the fact that you prayerfully sit with things and thoughts and words holding them up to the light before letting them go forth. I love this post, and I am thrilled about the possibility of a new Annie Downs book.

7. posted on Jun 24, 2015 at 8:58 PM  |  reply

Hi Annie!
    I love what you have to say and your authenticity! I understand what you said about being quiet when you are writing. In the last year I have begun a blog/website and have written an e-book. It was very difficult for me as well to write for my book as well as for my readers, although I do love both!
    Thanks for what you are doing and believe it or not, you already are expressing your faith through the love that you share with those who get to read what you have to say!
    Keep it up!!
    sarah

8. posted on Jun 30, 2015 at 10:26 PM  |  reply

Well, yes, sometimes we have to be quiet and “filter” some of our thoughts. Great advice, looking forward to your next post 🙂

9. posted on Jul 02, 2015 at 3:09 PM  |  reply

Nothing wrong with taking a hiatus from blogging to focus on other areas. I have done the same with getting a new business off the ground.

I love the little reminder to keep things in focus. I know I can get caught up with life and “forget” to pray before each task.

Good luck with the book!

10. posted on Jul 07, 2015 at 7:44 AM  |  reply

Annie! I’ve missed your posts!! Glad you are busy and can’t wait to see what you are working on!