What it’s like to have a blog and write a book.

on October 26, 2015 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 13 comments by

Annie Is Sorry

Apparently I am terrible at it.

Y’all. I am so sorry.

One post a month is such a bummer and a let down and I MISS YOU.

So hiiiiiiiii. I’m heeeeeeeere. I promiiiiiiiiiise.

And while I can’t tell you about the new book yet really, I can do things that hint at the things and okay moving on. πŸ˜‰

What I’m still managing to do on a regular basis is instagram, for better or for worse.

And also complete shows on Netflix, meaning I FINALLY watched the last episodes of Friday Night Lights. I have thoughts. But they are still coming together.

. . . . .

Have you been keeping up with any 31 Dayers this month? I love how many people do the 31 day challenge. I’ve done it most years, but clearly, I went for October’s one day challenge. WHOOPS I AM STILL SORRY.

In 2011, I wrote 31 Days of Courage …. weird how I was writing a book about that at the same time. πŸ™‚

In 2012, I asked all my friends to help me come up with 31 Jokes. Because I love to laugh.

In 2013, on the heels of the release of Speak Love, I wrote 31 Ways to Speak Love.

In 2014, I did maybe my favorite list EVER- 31 Books Every Young Woman Needs.

In 2015, I wrote a book. So. There’s that.

. . . . .

But man I’ve been thinking about my blog and you friends so much the last week or so. I so miss hopping on here a few times a week and catching up with you and telling you what kind of shenanigans I have found myself in.

But the book is done (draft 1 at least), my new assistant is sitting beside me handling all the things I am not so great at (which is more than I want to admit), and it’s a rainy Monday in Nashville so obviously, it was time to write.

So the state of the blog is as follows: I’m back, suckas.

. . . . .

1. posted on Oct 26, 2015 at 12:54 PM  |  reply

woooo hoooooo!!! welcome back!

yes, i’ve been following Aimee Fritz at http://familycompassionfocus.com/blog/ as she has written about surrender this month. you’ll need to start at the beginning in order get the full picture. it’s so worth it.

can’t wait to hear about the shenanigans. and i’m sure you can get yourself into quite a few of them!

2. posted on Oct 27, 2015 at 1:52 AM  |  reply

Sadly, I have been too busy writing my 31 days about learning to love motherhood to keep up with others. The only thing I never miss is Gretchenlouise.com ‘s babywearing series. πŸ˜‰

Maybe after October πŸ™‚

3. posted on Oct 27, 2015 at 1:53 AM  |  reply

And also, its totally unfair to not give more sneek peak into you new book. You can’t make people hungry and then deny them food, you know.

4. Andrea
    posted on Oct 27, 2015 at 5:18 AM  |  reply

So glad your back and so excited for the new book!!!
    Here is my 31 day writing challenge …

andreabreece

5. posted on Oct 27, 2015 at 10:23 AM  |  reply

I only started Write31Days in 2013, but I love it too. My series have been 31 Days of Song, 31 Days of Memories, and this year 31 Jesus-Benefits.

6. posted on Oct 27, 2015 at 10:42 AM  |  reply

So glad you’re back! I just finished writing my 31 Days series today. It’s called 31 Ways to Cozy Up Your Space. http://thelittledecorator.blogspot.com/2015/10/welcome-to-31-ways-to-cozy-up-your-space.html

I loved your “I’m back, suckas.” Not many bloggers I follow would say that. But you’re daring and real like that. πŸ™‚

7. posted on Oct 27, 2015 at 2:19 PM  |  reply

Three things:

1. We missed you, but as good friends, we understand where ya’ been!

2. Thanks for Bitmoji-ing your email to us. Husband & I almost exclusively communicate with Bitmoji while he’s at work. Love it.

3. I am doing my first Write31Days. It’s going good (but not easy!) I’m sharing 31 stories of faith adventures from my life: http://www.jenniferllane.com/jenniferllaneblog/2015/10/1/faith-adventures-31-stories-in-october

Yea! Your’e back!

8. posted on Oct 27, 2015 at 11:32 PM  |  reply

Oooooooh the book cover! It’s like sparkles and glitter woven into a book. What a coincidence.

9. KR
    posted on Oct 28, 2015 at 5:59 PM  |  reply

YAY!!!! My heart is doing the happy dance.

10. Tara
    posted on Oct 28, 2015 at 10:09 PM  |  reply

I loved Let’s All Be Brave. And can’t wait for your new book to come out. And by the way, I want to be best friends!

11. posted on Oct 29, 2015 at 7:45 AM  |  reply

Yay! So excited, I can’t wait for April to get your new book!

12. posted on Oct 30, 2015 at 9:44 PM  |  reply

Dear Darling Annie, I finished reading your book speak love and I loved it. Check out my blog. You inspired me.

13. posted on Nov 25, 2015 at 9:14 PM  |  reply