That Sounds Fun Podcast Episode 10: Looking For Lovely

on April 7, 2016 in Looking For Lovely, That Sounds Fun Podcast with 6 comments by

fun_podcast

We are back in action, people.

And I am thrilled about it.

This is episode 10 of our That Sounds Fun podcast, but actually the 11th one because Barnes got a two-parter, and they are all here for your listening pleasure.

Today’s podcast is all about Looking For Lovely! I tell some behind the scenes stories, where the book idea came from, what I actually sat down to write (NOT this book) AND I read the entire first chapter!

You can download it on iTunes or you can listen here!

Once you have listened, please leave a quick review of the podcast on iTunes. It makes a ton of difference to the strangers who pass by and wonder if this is a cool place to hang.

Also- if you haven’t purchased your copy of Looking For Lovely yet, today feels like a good day for that! Right?

Doesn’t it? 🙂

. . . . .

1. Jillian courcy
    posted on Apr 07, 2016 at 5:39 AM  |  reply

Loved hearing the intro to your book. My copy should arrive today .

2. Liz
    posted on Apr 07, 2016 at 8:17 AM  |  reply

I just finished Looking for Lovely. I’ve read it every spare second of the last 36 hours. While I should have been doing other things, brushed my teeth and sat at stop lights.
    THANK YOU! Thanks for your transparency and vulnerability. The past few years for me have been marked by some very similar things. Experiencing the pain and joy in my singleness, counseling, ministry, my people, travel, a tattoo, and a complete transformation. I am not the same person I was. You’ve given me the words to articulate so much of what I felt and experienced, and the freedom to stop and see the lovely in what God is doing. You’ve reminded me that it is ok to feel the hard things, to cry (I’m pretty much like Cameron Diaz in the The Holiday…one of my new years resolutions is to cry more)
    I’m sure you hear this often and sorry it a little creepy, but when I finished your book all I could think was. “I want to be her friend.”
    All in all I”m so encouraged to know that I’m not the only one. Thank you!

3. posted on Apr 08, 2016 at 6:11 PM  |  reply

Your comments about Radnor–it makes perfect sense that it feels like church to you. There are seven basic ways to encounter God and one of them is through nature.

I’m still waiting for my book to come in the mail… I preordered it from Amazon and it still won’t be here until Tuesday. #ugh

I also love that you write about your weaknesses. I take a breath of fresh air into that because I do the same thing–I’m writing about things I’m just learning to walk in but I take peace I knowing the act of teaching/writing helps me learn them and to know that I’m not alone in that kind of style. 🙂

4. Heather DB
    posted on Apr 18, 2016 at 2:30 PM  |  reply

great podcast! Tried to order the book up here in Canada from Chapters/Indigo online and it’s sold out. So I will ask at my local book store to get it in! Keep on doing what you are doing! God is awesome.

5. posted on Apr 25, 2016 at 1:53 PM  |  reply

Annie, I like you! I could be your grandma but I believe we’d make great friends! My granddaughter goes to Liberty University and I listened to Convocation today. YOU DID AWESOME. I was very happy that Hannah was there to hear you. Years (more than several) ago I gave her a book you wrote, I think it was your first one about self-image because she had a terrible one.

She texted me at the beginning of Convocation and said, “Mimz, it’s Annie Downs – remember the book you gave me a long time ago!!!”

You are a delight!

6. Robyn Crippen
    posted on Jun 07, 2016 at 12:18 PM  |  reply

oh my gosh Annie, I am crying as I listen to you read the intro to looking for lovely. I signed up for your blog today and I will get a copy of your book and study today. I know this is the book I need right now. Thank ou for being so honest with us and for writing it.