1. How much do you love Annie Parsons? I. KNOW. Me too.
2. I leave for Scotland in exactly 2 weeks. People keep asking me if I have a list of what to pack or a long list of things to complete before I go. And I keep saying no. Which is concerning. If other people think I should have a list, does that mean I should have a list?
3. Also. When I wrote that post about Scotland, I thought I left on the 19th. When I checked my itinerary, I realized I actually leave on the 17th. Good thing I checked.
4. I saw The King’s Speech last night. And please, do yourself a favor a see it. It is rated R because he says the F-word a lot. But no nudity or violence. Absolutely fantastic movie that I’m ready to see it again. Beautiful acting. Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush, bravo.
5. Afterwards, my friends and I went to dinner and we talked about “2011: The Year of ____“. I gave a boring [but truthful] answer about how I want it to be the year where I read the Bible, the year where I get to know God better, the year I set aside time to fast and pray. I have lots of questions swirling in my mind and I don’t want to find the answers as much as I just want to know the One with the answers.
[Which, by the way, I am going to read the Bible this year for realz. I’ve printed off this Bible Reading Plan that has 25 days per month, so that you have 5 days to be a slacker. Right. Up. My. Alley.]
6. Outside of those things, I have no clue what 2011 holds. I have bubbles of excitement in my belly about it, but I don’t know how to make eloquent words out of that, so take it as you will.
7. I literally cannot believe that I am running [“running”] a half-marathon on March 5. What doesn’t kill me will make me stronger, I know. I just think it may actually kill me.
8. When I think about 2010, I smile. I am grateful. [Maybe because I didn’t have to run 13.1 miles in 2010? Yeah, that’s part of it.]
9. I absolutely love the Cowart family. Like, so so much. So to be at a wedding on NYE with them was sweet. Every time I look at this picture I think, “Downs. You are a lucky girl.” [You can say “blessed” if “lucky” ruffles your feathers… you know what I mean.]
10. People keep asking me how I’m going to continue to “market” my book. Um, here’s my plan. Ready? I’m going to trust that if you guys like the book, you will tell someone else. I have some giveaways and guest posts and articles and the like, but the real win is if you like it enough to tell your people. Okay? Thanks.
[Quick reminder: Leader’s Guide comes out on Friday! Totally free download- even if you haven’t purchased the book yet, you can have the Leader’s Guide.]
11. I have a handful of emails to reply to that were sent over the Christmas holiday. If one was yours, fear not. A well-deserved reply is coming today! [Public inbox accountability? Check.]
Catch me up, friends! What’s been the highlight of your 2011 so far? Or… do you have an answer for “2011: The Year of ______”? I’d love to hear it!