So. About four months ago, this little puppy released to the world. You know my favorite part? On Amazon, it has been the most wished for book in Teen Christianity for a few months solid. That’s just sweet because I picture teen girls out there who have sat down and added Perfectly Unique to their wish list hoping that Aunt Carol or Tech-savvy grandma will send it over.
You know what I wish? I wish I knew who they were. I’d mail out a few books and include a note that says, “YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND!” because I’ve always wanted to be a genie and I blame that on the Jeannie’s sweet life inside her bottle. I clearly remember being a kid and watching that show and wishing I could live in there and I clearly have gotten us off on a rabbit trail.
So here are a few things I wanted to remind you of in this, the year of the Lord, 2013.
1. If you lead a small group of young women (7th grade-early college), Perfectly Unique is here to help! It is split into 12 chapters, easy to read and study in one semester.
- There is a FREE LEADER’S GUIDE for you if you want to download it to help with the semester.
- Also, I would LOVE to skype in and meet your girls if you want me to – either before you start the book, or after if they have questions or something. Just contact me and let me know!
- If you can think of some way that I can help you as you lead your small group, just say!
2. If you got Perfectly Unique as a gift for Christmas, I can sign it for you.
- Well, sorta.
- Check out THIS BLOG POST that gives you instructions on how to get a signed bookplate mailed straight to your house FOR FREE! [Ignore the dates on there- I was trying to get it to folks before Christmas.]
3. If you have read Perfectly Unique, it would be RAD if you would leave an honest review in one of these fine places:
- Good Reads
- Or all three if you are loving the copy and paste and have a spare eight minutes in your day.
4. You’re probably gonna want to sign up for my newsletter.
- You can do that by scrolling down to the bottom of this page and on the right, you’ll see a little box perfectly sized for your email address. [So subscribers, get your click on and come over.]
- I forget to send a newsletter all the time, so don’t worry about spam. At best, you’ll hear from me once a quarter, says the girl who hasn’t sent a newsletter since mid-2012.
- But there is a fun announcement coming soooooon and those fine newsletter folks are hearing it first.
Finally, if you have any favorite quotes from Perfectly Unique, will you email them to THE BEST INTERN EVER? We have a little idea, but it’s gonna take you helping us find quotes. Nothing feels weirder than scanning your own book for quotes, so your help is greatly appreciated.
. . . . .
Thanks for being here, even on days when I talk about a book you a) don’t want to read or b) already read or c) are tired of hearing about. I believe in this book, I believe in what God does in the hearts of the women who read it, and so once a month or so I want to make sure we talk about it.
You guys are great friends.
Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.
Really. I mean it.
. . . . .
So this intern of mine. He’s gonna be writing a blog post for you in the super near future, so I just wonder- do you have any questions for Annie’s Intern? Anything you want to know about what it’s like to work for a Ursula-like tyrant? 🙂 Or how bored he is? Or what he does every day? Or why in the world a boy wants to intern for a teen girl Christian author?
Leave any questions in the comments and he’ll answer them in his post coming soon!