TOP 5 FRIDAY is when we each list five of our favorite things, depending on the topic. Feel free to join in via the comments or by posting on your own blog and linking back here. Play along. It’s Friday.
. . . . .
JOG JAMS! Like Jock Jams… get it? My younger sister used to practice her Jock Jam routines at dinner in high school. It made me insane. She’s quit now, so we get along fine.
Earlier this week, Leanna popped over to my facebook page and asked me to list my favorite Christian songs to listen to while running.
I just plain didn’t have the heart to tell her that what I do looks way more like a fast walk / slow jog, so I just agreed to write the post.
Here are my top 5 favorite Christian jogging songs!
. . . . .
1. Mat Kearney – Count On Me. No, this isn’t a Christian album, but he’s a Christian dude and his lyrics are always Annie-friendly. [Meaning, I can sign the song outloud in a bus full of teen girls and not have to bleep myself at all. That scenario has never happened, but it could.]
2. Joy Williams – Golden Thread. This is my absolute FAVORITE Joy Williams song, and that’s saying a lot because I love The Civil Wars. This isn’t the fastest beat, but it never fails to make me smile.
3. Group 1 Crew – Live It Up. So fun. Like, whoa fun. I told y’all I love them. Tis true. You could run to this whole album and have a blast. I mean, as much as you can “have a blast” while, you know, running.
4. Switchfoot – Hello Hurricane. To go to the other extreme from the hip-hop sound of Group 1 Crew, this is more of a rock song. Again, another full album that is good for motivating me to move.
5. Hillsong United – Desert Song. Killer lyrics. If you aren’t pumping your fists by the end of this song, you aren’t listening to the words.
You are probably, at this point, thinking the same thing I am thinking. My song choices are a sundry bunch to be certain. The other truth? I don’t only run to Christian music. But, for today’s topics, we stuck to the Christian artists.
I believe in full disclosure on Fridays.
Fine, it’s Thursday night and I’m about to go get on the bus.
QUIT ASKING THE HARD QUESTIONS AND MAKING ME TELL YOU THINGS YOU KNOW YOU DON’T REALLY WANT TO KNOW.
. . . . .
What are your favorite Christian songs to listen to while you are exercising?