A letter.

on November 2, 2007 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 7 comments by

Dear Friday,

I have something I have to say.

I know I’m getting older, but honestly, it feels like you are the one changing.

I remember when it used to be you that I looked forward to the most. I knew that you were a low-stress day and a high-fun night. We were close. You reeked of relaxation and good times. Nothing got my down, because you were finally here.

But now, you make me tired. Really tired. I get home from work (where it is as hard as any other day) and I don’t want to make any plans because I know that by about 8:59pm, I’ll be ready to hit the ole sackerooni. There’s no TGIF here. That died with “Full House” original episodes.

You don’t even seem like yourself anymore. I just have to tell you like it is.

You feel like Tuesday. I’m sorry.

1. ManUtd17
    posted on Nov 03, 2007 at 12:22 AM  |  reply

I met your Friday.

2. Marie-Claire
    posted on Nov 03, 2007 at 6:21 AM  |  reply

I can’t believe you just Tuesdayed Friday. Friday and I are very close at this time in my life, so I resent everything you just said.

3. Melinda
    posted on Nov 03, 2007 at 9:49 AM  |  reply

I am sorry to here that Friday has changed so much and sad to acknowledge that in my life as well that is the truth. You tuesdayed Friday. Can I Friday Saturday?

4. brad
    posted on Nov 03, 2007 at 1:58 PM  |  reply

Thursday is the new Friday. Shift a little and start celebrating early. Just like the old days.

5. seantk
    posted on Nov 03, 2007 at 9:06 PM  |  reply

I feel you, there. Everyday is tough and who gets to sleep in anymore? I do still get a lift in my spirits when I realize it’s Friday. Something about Friday nights…. even though I was up @ 5:15 this morning to be at work by 5:45. Doh.

Saturdays are still awesome with college football. And then….. zzzzzzzzz…….xvlwc (word verificazzzzzzzzzzzzz

6. carolineb
    posted on Nov 04, 2007 at 12:23 AM  |  reply

Most excellent post.

7. Marybeth
    posted on Nov 06, 2007 at 5:59 PM  |  reply

I found you through the comment you left on my blog during Fall Y’all… just had to tell you that this was hilarious!! You perfectly expressed something I have thought for a long time! Thanks– love the Full House/TGIF reference too. That was about when it died for me as well.