Advent comes from the Latin word “adventus” which translates to “coming” or “arrival.”
Advent is the season of preparation and celebration of Christ who arrived in our hearts, into the world, and will reign again soon.
Hope. Peace. Joy. Love. These are the things that we will be leaning into over these four weeks of Advent together. It’s simple, yet mysterious. Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith, led the way for our salvation and what a gift it is that we are able to prepare to celebrate His coming then and His coming in the future.
Through this Advent Series, our goal is to slow down our hearts in this season, take it all in with gratitude and hope for what the Lord has in store. Will you join us?
See what's included:
This Advent series goes alongside of the That Sounds Fun FREE Advent podcast episodes. Take a peek at what’s inside!
- Updated for 2023: Downloadable Advent Series Guidebook featuring 28 days of questions, prompts, Scripture to reflect on each week, and prayers to use alongside all the Advent Series Episodes (PLUS, Saturday and Sunday prompts as well)
- New for 2023: Advent Guidebook available in Spanish
- 4 weeks of the video versions of the Advent Series podcast episodes (20 episodes)
- 4 weeks of the ad-free audio versions of the Advent podcast episodes (20 episodes)
- A printable & digital version of an Advent Calendar to follow along with through the Advent Season
- A custom Spotify Advent playlist (made by me!) to use as a backdrop to your Advent Series study
- Advent Series graphics to share on your social media platforms to encourage your friends and family
- A Christmas Eve video and audio podcast featuring me and Mrs. & Mr. F. Downs
- All of the miniBFF goodies (outlined below!)
- 4 Advent Series audio podcast episodes + video podcast episodes for miniBFFs
- A printable Advent Series candles coloring page
- A printable ornament coloring page
- Spanish coloring pages
- A printable miniBFF Advent Series calendar
Join us for this month-long special experience for only $30.
Advent is a season of slowing down and celebrating Jesus who came and who is coming again!
We can’t wait to celebrate this season—and look forward to what God might have for us next year—together!
Interested in gifting this to a friend?
Send the Advent Series to a friend or group of friends to do together or on their own and they’ll receive a code for their order.
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end.”
Frequently Asked Questions
According to the Liturgical Calendar for the Dioceses of the United States of America, this year, Advent begins on Sunday, December 3, 2023 and ends on Sunday, December 24, 2023. For purposes of this particular Advent plan, which is 4 weeks of content that will end on Christmas Eve, we will begin on Sunday, November 26, 2023. But of course, feel free to go at the pace and structure you’d like!
Advent comes from the Latin word “adventus” which translates to “coming” or “arrival.” Advent is a season of waiting to anticipate the second coming of Jesus to earth and celebrate and remember His first arrival as a baby which began the redemption story of mankind.
Absolutely! The Catholic faith largely follows the liturgical calendar and Protestants can too!
Yes. Once you purchase the Advent Series, you’ll have access to all 28 days of Advent.
No worries! You can either participate in the day that it is, or you can take your time and go through each day no matter if it corresponds with the date or not. Totally up to you!
Sure! You’ll have access to the Advent Series for whenever you’d like to go back.
The Advent Series Guidebook will be available on your confirmation email and is available after purchase under the Resources section of your Advent Library.
Rather than a Facebook Group, this year we’ve included group discussion questions in the updated Guidebook so you can go deeper with your up-close community.