How do you know it is Summer?

on June 5, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 9 comments by

Cause I switched to the Summer side of the bed! Whoo hoo!!

No, it is not weird to switch sides. I’ve been doing it for years.

See, during the school year, it’s important that I am near to the alarm clock and close to the door.

But in the Summer? Oh buddy. I am foot loose and fancy free and I sleep AWAY from the alarm clock. On the side that has no responsibilities, no duties, and no students waiting at 7am.

I know it’s ridiculous, but it is absolutely one of the greatest ways that I say welcome to Summer.

What will I do in Nashville when I don’t teach school? Don’t worry- I’ll be in a twin bed. Every side is the Summer side!! Booyah!!

How do you start your Summer?

1. Dionna
    posted on Jun 05, 2008 at 2:41 AM  |  reply

That is really fun and interesting! If you ever get married – hopefully your husband won’t mind switching sides of the bed either. 🙂

2. Marie-Claire
    posted on Jun 05, 2008 at 3:30 AM  |  reply

1. I go to lots of Scotland meetings.
    2. I drink a lot of sweet tea.
    3. I use the word “garbanzo” as much as possible.
    4. I become a flamer, apparently

It will be hilarious when you explain this habit to your husband. Can you record the conversation please? A video blogisode maybe?

3. Brad Huebert
    posted on Jun 05, 2008 at 4:02 AM  |  reply

Ha.

I take off my watch. And stick my fingers in my ears and say, “Lalalalala I’m not listening…” or something like that.

4. Shannon
    posted on Jun 05, 2008 at 4:54 AM  |  reply

Um, I go to the beach. And on Monday, you can go to my beach too. Because I’m nice like that. I can share.

5. Annie
    posted on Jun 05, 2008 at 12:28 PM  |  reply

Which will be harder to explain? The switching sides or the sharing a twin bed?

6. Hannah Hoffmann
    posted on Jun 05, 2008 at 5:58 PM  |  reply

And after the husband come children. You can throw away your alarm clock forever. But your “summers” go out the door, too. Sleep in for me please, Annie.

7. ManUtd17
    posted on Jun 05, 2008 at 7:01 PM  |  reply

With a kid, the alarm clock takes human form.

It’s like a bizarro Transformers sequel.

8. Debbie Simon
    posted on Jun 06, 2008 at 4:33 PM  |  reply

Summer is:

Not taking a shower until you really want to!
    Eating whenever you want to…not just “your lunchtime”
    Taking late walks and it is still light outside!
    Drinking Peach iced tea!
    Going to Alaska!…burr!..refreshing!
    Going to Scotland…and eating???
    Having time to read blogs! 🙂

9. Mel
    posted on Jun 10, 2008 at 6:22 AM  |  reply

I get out a warm fluffy fleece jacket and go to the pool. Hey! I live in the Pacific Northwest!