These are the things that keep me humble.

on August 20, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 11 comments by

So it went like this.

I decided that to go to San Antonio for the Siesta Fiesta, I should have a manicure. Words that come to mind when I think of the type of women that will attend a Beth Moore Conference in Texas- Hairspray. Nails. Capri pants. [And Bible. Obviously.]

Besides the Bible, I will focus on pretty nails. But I think my roomie is bringing the capri pants.

Though I am one to love the fake nails, I have decided to go natural in Nashville. Why? Cause everybody else does. Duh. BUT. I have a bad habit of biting my nails. So I figured some cute pink nail polish may help me not chew them to death.

The official name of the color? OPI’s “Italian Love Affair”. Well. Don’t mind if I do.

And now to the incident.

So I have made a few of the jewelry holders for my friends that I’ll be seeing this weekend. Because I’m a giver. [To be honest, I can only sit at my computer and write things out of my head for so many hours. Believe it or not, I do run out of words.]

Long story short, I had to use white spray paint.

Longer story short, I’m an idiot.

Check the difference. The hand on the right of the picture (which is actually my left hand) politely says “Italian Love Affair”.

The other hand? It has that special touch of white that screams “Panama City Airbrush Crush”.

Tragic.

Maybe I should pack my capri pants.

1. posted on Aug 21, 2008 at 3:08 AM  |  reply

Oh, sad.

I sport “Dishpan hands without Madge’s special dishwashing liquid treatment.” Very tragic.

2. posted on Aug 21, 2008 at 3:19 AM  |  reply

i just love reading your blogs everyday! they make me laugh!!!!

3. posted on Aug 21, 2008 at 7:07 AM  |  reply

Another thing that makes “your” humble is the title of this post.

Nice nails. And those white accents on the right hand really bring out the “love” in the pink nails. Jeff would love that. Baby.

4. posted on Aug 21, 2008 at 7:28 AM  |  reply

Ain’t nothing wrong with capris.

(Melanie may disagree. We will have to check.)

5. posted on Aug 21, 2008 at 7:31 AM  |  reply

So sorry about the nails. I was a nail-biter forever, too, so I understand the frustration of when you finally get them looking like you want.

Also, I’m very sad that you will be in SA this weekend. I’ll be in that area in a couple of weeks!

6. Annie
    posted on Aug 21, 2008 at 7:52 AM  |  reply

YIKES! Good save, Bill Pinto. That’s what I get for writing a blog post while watching the American girl volleyball team DOM-IN-ATE.

7. posted on Aug 21, 2008 at 3:22 PM  |  reply

No sweat. One editor to another.

8. posted on Aug 21, 2008 at 4:12 PM  |  reply

I wonder if pink nail polish would help me stop biting my nail… hmm that something to consider.

9. posted on Aug 21, 2008 at 6:22 PM  |  reply

you
    are
    hilarious. =)

10. posted on Aug 21, 2008 at 11:15 PM  |  reply

I have a strict “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy regarding capris.

11. sue
    posted on Aug 22, 2008 at 7:48 AM  |  reply

I have the perfect solution for you, Broadway PRESS on nails. NOTHING like the old days of Lee press on nails, nails popping everywhere. I have had so many people ask me where I get my nails done because they look so real. When I get my toes painted at a salon they ask if I want a fill too he he!
    Get the Broadway nails and don’t use the glue that it comes with but get the brand called Nailtiques (I think) stubby little bottle with purple lid. All can be purchased at Walmart for about 6.00!! And that is two sets worth that last about a week and a half each!!

Have fun!