It induced what doctors would call a “panic attack”.

on August 29, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 11 comments by

I opened my iCal [I think I have a bit of a crush blooming there, too] today to add some very important events [my birthday, for example] and got to counting.

22 days.

22 work days. Not counting weekends, though something tells me I’ll be counting weekends as work days very quickly.   Saturdays, at least.  Not Sundays.

22 days until my completed manuscript is due to a publishing house and an agent.

22 days to write/edit around 45,000 words. To give you an idea, one page, double spaced, holds about 270 words. So, that’s about 170 pages left to write. 7 pages a day for 22 days.

My stomach just turned.

Let’s all just take a deep breath.

I’m not here to complain. This is the life I’ve wanted for a long time. But I am here to say this whole five posts a week on the blog has been a real pleasure, but until October 1, I think that’s a thing of the past. I’ll probably only blog 2-3 times a week, if that.

It’s not that I don’t love you, blogmies and bloggites. I do. It’s just that sometimes a reality check [read: panic attack] can also serve as a swift kick in the hard drive. I really Really REALLY have to focus if I’m going to be who God has called me to be here in Nashville.

We’ll still have a RagamuffinTop update this weekend (I already made most of the video- we can’t let those golden nuggets of embarrassment go to waste) and an awesome giveaway next Friday. But that may be it for the week.

Unless someone calls me baby or I have a complete meltdown. Both seem to be the exact kind of blog posts that you sick puppies like. And that is why we will be friends for a long time.

1. posted on Aug 29, 2008 at 7:54 PM  |  reply

Annie,
    This is the kind of pressure I have dreamed of, but I am sure once you are there, it is tough! May your words come and come quick….
    Lynn
    PS I woke up at 4:00 a.m. last night with the layout of my book proposal in my head. Not ideal, but exactly what I have been praying for none the less.

2. posted on Aug 29, 2008 at 8:59 PM  |  reply

170 pages in 22 days? No problem for you – you can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you — He will get you through it for your good and His glory….hallelujah !!!

3. posted on Aug 29, 2008 at 11:06 PM  |  reply

Go! Write! We’ll be here when you get back.

And try to enjoy it. It’s your gift. God meant it to be fun, even when it’s work.

4. Southern Gal
    posted on Aug 30, 2008 at 7:46 AM  |  reply

I’ll miss your daily updates, but you have a great excuse to cut back. I know you can do it. I’ll be praying.

Renee

5. posted on Aug 30, 2008 at 10:22 AM  |  reply

GO ANNIE! I just did the last round of edits on Finding Home, and then we go off to print with iUniverse… I’ll send you a copy when they’re done (to read after your deadline, of course).

Breathe deeply, sis. Ahhhh…. heave!

6. posted on Aug 30, 2008 at 12:40 PM  |  reply

I get that same feeling as a brief is due. Of course having a judge waiting on the other end of that deadline adds some incentive to getting it done. Praying that the time pressure squeezes out a gem for you (and we wouldbe readers).

7. posted on Aug 30, 2008 at 6:53 PM  |  reply

You gotta do whatcha gotta do, girl! I know that book is going to be awesome!

8. posted on Aug 30, 2008 at 9:45 PM  |  reply

Annie, you are the second blogger that I read regularly that is writing a book and has had to call it quits on the blog!! Same as her, I will miss you but I admire you for what you are doing. Are you going to tell us what you are writing about?

9. posted on Aug 31, 2008 at 12:29 PM  |  reply

If you haven’t done so, you need to turn on your Birthdays Calendar in iCal. It takes all your contacts’ birthdays from your computer’s address book (including you) and puts them directly into iCal. It’s quite usefully awesome.

10. posted on Sep 03, 2008 at 9:15 PM  |  reply

Oh girl.

I hope those 7 pages a day don’t suck the humor out of you…

11. Lindsey
    posted on Sep 04, 2008 at 5:49 AM  |  reply

I saw “Annie Blogs” on the side of my google reader and thought, “Why hasn’t she been updating?!” Then I remembered that you are writing like crazy, that’s why!

So I just wanted to swing by and say that I hope everything is going really well and you’re in my thoughts and prayers!