Another sister.

on February 2, 2009 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 10 comments by

Another birthday.  You may remember the little video I made for Tatum on her 27th birthday in October.

Well, little Sally is turning 21.  And because I think that embarrassment is the highest form of compliment, let me present this photograph of us from 1991, I’m guessing.  Yes, that makes me 11. And trendy to the max.  And Tatum’s face is worth about a zillion dollars.  And little Sally, with the haircut that, to this day, I think is the most darling thing in the world.sisters So for Sally’s 21st birthday, I’m going to tell her 21 things.

Ready?  Go.

1. You are funny.

2. You really weren’t adopted, like we used to tell you.

3. I guess now is as good a time as any to say that you also didn’t have a twin brother who died, like we used to tell you.

4. When I used to read Bearenstain Bears books to you, I always skipped a few pages in the middle.  Sorry.

5. I love seeing you doing ministry full time.

6. It amazes me how much you love Auburn.  Not because you didn’t go to Georgia, but just because it’s cool to see how God has provided friends for you there that feel like family.

7. I like Christmas presents the best when you pass them out.

8. I wish you still lived at home so I could steal your clothes.

9. I know you slept in my room at home.  Sprite can in the trash?  Busted.

10. I’m really grateful for what a great sister Tatum is to you.  I know I kinda suck at being a sister, but Tatum doesn’t, so you get the good with the bad.  Congrats.

11. Drinking is fine.  In MODERATION.

12. Just don’t be stupid. Or get drunk.  The Bible is pretty serious about not getting drunk.  So you be serious about it too.

13. But the Bible says nothing about getting drunk on cupcakes, so partake as much as you see fit.

14. I wish I was as smart as you.

15. Cause you are by far the smartest of the three of us.

16. If I was 21 again, I would tell myself to trust God more.

17. Sorry that I always treat you like you are my kid.  I don’t know why either.

18. Do you know it used to seriously stress me out to watch you tube behind the boat because I knew if you fell out way back there I wouldn’t be able to rescue you?

19. You’re pretty good at staying on the tube.  Thanks for that.

20. Happy birthday, Sally.  I’m really excited to see what adulthood holds for you.

21. I love you.

seesters

1. Southern Gal
    posted on Feb 02, 2009 at 7:57 AM  |  reply

She’s gonna get you for that picture. And you’re a good big sister.

Can I say I think it’s every older sister’s job to tell a younger sister that they were adopted? Especially when the younger sister has, in my case, fair skin and light hair and everyone else is dark complected with dark hair. (I see that’s the opposite in your case.)

My sister just turned 41 and I blogged about her…and apologized for telling her she was adopted.

2. debs
    posted on Feb 02, 2009 at 8:54 AM  |  reply

Ahhh, what a fun way to say ” I love you” to your sis! It’s my Dustin’s 22 today :)…I will be blogging later….
    Happy Birthday Sally!

3. posted on Feb 02, 2009 at 10:14 AM  |  reply

This absolutely warms me at the very core of my heart. I love sisters. So very much. My sister is my best friend in the world – this was hilarious and so, very sweet. Double Score! 🙂 I would be DEEE-lighted to get something like this as a b/day gift from my sister.
    All of these were so great, truly. My favorite, (though I don’t know why) is #7. Made me tear up a little.

Happy Birthday Sally! I’m sure Annie’s not as bad as she says she is. I mean, she did compile this list of pure awesomeness. So she can’t be all bad. 😉

4. Ash
    posted on Feb 02, 2009 at 12:49 PM  |  reply

You’re a good big sister. If you don’t think so, read number 18 again, that’s pretty awesome right there. Love you!

5. posted on Feb 02, 2009 at 2:22 PM  |  reply

May I just say, that I absolutely love you for captioning that photo with the lyrics to “Sisters,” from White Christmas. When my sister and I were little we had the entire number from the film memorized, and performed it ALL of the time. That’s fantastic. Just sayin’.

6. Leah
    posted on Feb 02, 2009 at 2:41 PM  |  reply

Pics of you guys as kids are so weird to see because your face or Tatum’s face could be mine at 10 or 11!!!

7. Sally, the 21 year old
    posted on Feb 02, 2009 at 5:05 PM  |  reply

Those pictures…wow.
    #1 i got it from you…and dad
    #2/3 that’s a relief
    #4 i’m mad
    #9 umm your room has a tv…of course i was in there
    #10 don’t be ridiculous, i have all good and no bad
    #11/12 no worries…i will be good
    #13 is DQ ice cream cake a suitable sub for cupcakes?
    #14/15 i know.
    #19 you’re welcome
    #21 I love you too!! Thanks so much sister.

8. posted on Feb 02, 2009 at 6:06 PM  |  reply

What an adorable picture of you 3 little ones. I wish I was as smart as Sally.

9. posted on Feb 02, 2009 at 10:33 PM  |  reply

Oh the beauty of sisterly love.

Happy Birthday, Sally.

You may now commence plotting your revenge.

10. posted on Feb 03, 2009 at 7:10 AM  |  reply

you guys are awesome! and heeeeeeeeee larious!!