Parfait perfection.

on July 8, 2009 in That's delish. with 14 comments by

First of all, thanks for all your sweet birthday well wishes. 29 sure seems to be shaping up beautifully so far.

On to the more important bloggy things. Like dessert.

So Annie Parsons introduced me to Deb Barnett.

And Deb Barnett introduced me to what shall be called “The Dessert That Defined My Summer 2009”.

Here’s the recipe – go get it from Deb. It just makes more sense that way. But here is a photo-montage of the day my addiction began.

Ye ingredients, gather round. I’m going to tell you a little story of a 29 year old blogista who has a soft spot in her heart for low-fat desserts with fruit.img_0644

Here’s the mixed jellos [had to go with raspberry instead of cranberry. But still delicious.] with the milk and sour cream.img_0646

Then I mixed in the Cool Whip and as my friend Marisa says, “Oops.” Maybe that isn’t exactly in the recipe directions, but how is one supposed to resist dipping a Nilla Wafer in the pudding? Sheesh. What do you think I am? Made of steel?img_0647

Then I attempted to set up the camera so I could be photographed with the parfait. Dear Annie, remember to actually SET the timer when you want to use it. [Let’s all be grateful I didn’t go into brain surgery as a profession.]img_0648

And let’s try that again.img_0650

Much better. But still a bit weird to take a picture of yourself, alone at home, with a dessert. But whatevs.

Now. I’m no Pioneer Woman, but I kinda love this shot. Deb is always looking for the perfect bite and I think I may have captured it.img_0658

Momentarily.img_0655

Oops.

I highly recommend this recipe [and really any recipe that Deb has on her blog]. I think with this one, you could substitute any fruit jello and any fruit. Make it your own. Embrace it. And join me in celebrating summer correctly- with a parfait in one hand, and your camera in the other. 🙂

1. posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 7:40 AM  |  reply

AAhhhh – I missed your birthday yesterday! Happy a-bit-Belated Wonderful Birthday 🙂 Loved your list by the way. And this dessert looks so yummy – thanks for sharing!

2. posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 8:49 AM  |  reply

Yum – that looks great!

3. posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 9:31 AM  |  reply

yummy!! thnx for the recipe!!

4. posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 9:39 AM  |  reply

Mmm, that looks scrummy! I don’t think its at all weird to take photos of yourself and your dessert. Perfectly normal!

5. posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 10:06 AM  |  reply

One thing:

You are simply BEAUTIFUL.

The end.

6. posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 10:59 AM  |  reply

Oooooh! I’ll have to try that one. Yum!

7. posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 11:20 AM  |  reply

This looks DELICIOUS! Can’t wait to try it!

8. posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 12:55 PM  |  reply

Annie! Okay, yours looks WAY more enticing than mine does. I like that you broke up the Nilla wafers instead of grinding them like I did. Good call! You need to come hang in my kitchen sometime and we’ll create something together. You’re quite the chef! And I love that you’re not afraid to experiment.

Oh, and try using the cheesecake pudding. Holy Mother of All Things Delicious.

Thanks for the blog love!

9. posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 1:03 PM  |  reply

oh that looks SO yummy . . . .

10. Laurie
    posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 3:09 PM  |  reply

I’ve actually fixed this for dessert tonight b/c of your Tweet the other day. And I used strawberry jello instead of cranberry or raspberry. I like how you layered yours. Might try that next time!

11. Julianne
    posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 8:21 PM  |  reply

This looks so good…and i love the shirt you’re wearing in this!

12. posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 8:25 PM  |  reply

Hey Annie,
    I found your blog through someone else’s blog, and I love reading it! Your sense of humor has me laughing numerous times, yet your obvious love for God convicts me in many ways. I look forward to read more of your posts in the future 🙂

Love,
    Abby

13. posted on Jul 09, 2009 at 6:42 PM  |  reply

a) this looks really good and i love new recipes

b) i really like your t-shirt 🙂 reminds me of good times we spent together!

14. posted on Jul 17, 2009 at 1:41 PM  |  reply

I have a “thing” about the Perfect Bite, too, so that totally cracked me up. I once wrote about it … if you want to read it you can find it here: http://katandgray.blogspot.com/2008/09/perfect-bite.html
    Thanks for always being so entertaining … and belated happy birthday!