Allume 2012

on February 29, 2012 in AnnieSpeaks with 8 comments by

You guys.

YOU GUYS.

I hope you’re coming to Allume. I really really do.

I hope you buy a ticket tonight at midnight for the early bird price.

Because I’m speaking there. And that is super fun and exciting on a lot of levels.

Let’s begin those levels now:

Level 1. I love Sarah Mae and Allume.

Level 2. Tons of my friends are going to be there. And you know how I feel about my people.

Level 3. I love speaking. I write jokes in my head constantly and look for an audience almost constantly. So, consider yourself warned, Allume ladies.

Level 4. Whatever God is doing with my story of being single and writing about it while still living full of hope, I’m in. It still doesn’t really feel easy to write about, but it feels right. Really right. So I’m pushing through the fear and worry. [I’m trying, at least.]

Level 5. I’ve never been to Harrisburg, PA and here’s a fun fact: I love Amish people. And their cinnamon rolls.

Level 6. Everything about this video has me stoked to spend a beautiful October weekend with these gals.

So I’ve been secretly giggly for a few weeks while this was all going on in the background because ALL THE LEVELS make me so happy. I hope you’ll come.

Especially you singlets out there. Hey, Allume is a place where we can sit and chat about all these things you want to chat about. They get us and want us to have a place together. Not separate from the others, not singled out [pun intended- internet high five!], but loved uniquely.

Yo tengo excited. [My Spanish. It is sub-par.]

So will you be joining us for Allume? Thinking about it? Definitely out? Share and share alike. And duh- if you are there, we have to hug it out. Obvi.

1. posted on Feb 29, 2012 at 4:06 PM  |  reply

Here’s a list for YOU:
    1. Um, Yay.
    2. So proud of you.
    3. I REALLY WANT TO GO NOW. I wanted to go before, but now I really, really want to go.
    4. Your Spanish is better than mine.
    5. I will always be your audience.
    6. SO proud of you.

• Annie
      posted on Feb 29, 2012 at 6:14 PM  |  reply

You + me + Amish country = amen.

2. posted on Feb 29, 2012 at 6:07 PM  |  reply

That’s exciting, Annie! I’ve been thinking about going to Allume, just not sure my travel budget can handle another addition. But hey, if a ticket fell in to my hands, I’d be all in.

• Annie
      posted on Feb 29, 2012 at 6:13 PM  |  reply

Come on. You’ll be glad you did. It’ll be an amazing few days.

3. posted on Feb 29, 2012 at 6:26 PM  |  reply

awesome! you will LOVE it…been there both years so far…it rocks. be prepare to meet God!

4. posted on Feb 29, 2012 at 8:18 PM  |  reply

So glad for you!!!! Somebody better record your genius self for me…

5. posted on Feb 29, 2012 at 11:22 PM  |  reply

DONE and DONE!!! I was so stinking excited to see that you’re speaking. Best surprise EVER.

Also: If it all works out, I’m planning on leaving Allume Saturday night and moving in with the Amish. I just hope they let me keep my laptop.

ALSO: your use of the word “singlets” was my favorite part of this post (aside from the part where you talk about Allume Social. And you being a speaker. And the Amish.)

6. posted on Mar 01, 2012 at 10:32 AM  |  reply

I sure want too! How exciting would that be? We’ll have to see if my budget can swing it. 🙂