So here’s how THAT happened.

on November 7, 2012 in Perfectly Unique, Ze Bloggy Goodness with 17 comments by

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen a bit of a mishap yesterday.

Let’s talk about how it happened.

On Tuesday nights, I cook dinner for my small group. This week, I decided to make spaghetti.

I actually dislike spaghetti. I love Italian food, I just don’t love spaghetti. Maybe I think too often of the “spaghetti” that schools used to offer, but whatever it is, me no likey.

But it’s easy and cost effective and etc. So I decided to make spaghetti.

I purchased the groceries and headed home. I was talking with my mother on the phone and as I opened my trunk, I lifted one of the spaghetti sauce jars from the trunk and no kidding, as I held it in my paw, it shattered.

[So bizzaro. What is the science behind THAT? Where is Mr. Wizard when you need him?]

And the sauce splattered all over my jeans and poured down my trunk AND poured into a brand new box of books that I had literally JUST opened an hour before to give some copies to my friends at Word Entertainment.

I mean, you can just see how it exploded! I’ve never seen a thing like it in my life. I was stunned. I was like, “Uh, Mama. I think I’m gonna need to call you back because something just happened here. Involving spaghetti sauce. I hate spaghetti. Okay. Bye.”

And then I began some serious self talk.

“Ok, Annie. First of all, go pull your hair back in a pony tail. Then get some paper towels. And get a trash can.”

So I did all that- thanks to my influential voice in my own life- and came back and just had to take some pictures.

Do you see the lid in the top left corner? Do you see how the jar just plain broke in my hand? So weird. And then the sauce just dripped and glopped and soaked TWENTY-ONE books.

TWENTY-ONE.

If TWENTY-ONE wasn’t my favorite number [Deion Sanders forever], this whole experience would have been horrible.

Well, it was still horrible. But also kinda funny.

And truthfully, I was like, “Well, maybe that jar was poisoned and God was just protecting us?”

It’s good to think in that direction when you’ve just stained TWENTY-ONE small pieces of financial income.

Oh spaghetti. I hate you still.

I mean, have you ever seen such a thing in your life? I have cleaned these books off- this stack for sure got the brunt of the bolognese- but they are still stained and actually kinda smell great, to be honest.

What am I going to do with them? Not real sure yet. Thinking of selling them off pretty cheap and throwing in a stack of spaghetti noodles as well. I’ll let you know.

Worry not: I still was able to feed my gals. And honestly, that’s all they thought about from the start. Proof below.

At least my people don’t lose focus. And no, Hannah, it wasn’t pizza.

It was spaghetti. Blech.

1. posted on Nov 07, 2012 at 5:52 AM  |  reply

Interesting fact: we had spaghetti last night. I think your book would be great with the aroma of spaghetti sauce wafting from the pages as you turn through it. That is, if you like spaghetti, which you don’t. I would choose to go with your thought process that something was wrong with that jar of sauce and God spared you all. Amen.

2. posted on Nov 07, 2012 at 7:07 AM  |  reply

Oh, awful!!!

3. posted on Nov 07, 2012 at 9:28 AM  |  reply

Oh my goodness! SO sad! Sorry!! And I did see your picture on instagram… thanks for the explanation 😉

4. posted on Nov 07, 2012 at 1:19 PM  |  reply

Annie: the voice of reason since Camp High Harbour, 2005.

5. posted on Nov 07, 2012 at 2:00 PM  |  reply

And then when I got here: ““Well, maybe that jar was poisoned and God was just protecting us?”

You had me — smile as big as a farm 🙂

Love. you.

6. Maggie Bowling
    posted on Nov 07, 2012 at 2:23 PM  |  reply

Hated spaghetti before hearing of this attack. Hate it more now. Bad spaghetti!!

7. posted on Nov 07, 2012 at 2:28 PM  |  reply

I love it….that God is protecting you from poisonous spaghetti sauce! He is good like that! :o)

8. Donna Bryant
    posted on Nov 07, 2012 at 6:53 PM  |  reply

Annie only you! And only you would think it was kinda funny. That’s why I love you so much. Thanks for sharing…

• posted on Nov 08, 2012 at 11:24 AM  |  reply

It’s not just TWENTY ONE books stained and ruined . . . it’s a great illustration for one of Annie’s upcoming books. So it will all be good in the end!

9. posted on Nov 07, 2012 at 8:41 PM  |  reply

Have I mentioned that I’m in the market for 21 copies of Perfectly Unique with just a hint of spaghetti sauce? 😀 At least you kept your sense of humor about it all, Annie!

10. Tay
    posted on Nov 07, 2012 at 10:10 PM  |  reply

I have definitely been curious since seeing that picture on Instagram! Thanks for sharing the story.

11. Melody
    posted on Nov 08, 2012 at 6:58 PM  |  reply

I would totally buy one of those books! It would save me money on air fresheners. 😉

12. Angela
    posted on Nov 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM  |  reply

I’ll take a spaghetti sauce copy. I’ve been meaning to get ur book for my daughter! 🙂

13. posted on Nov 11, 2012 at 10:29 PM  |  reply

Oh, I will buy a spaghetti-sauced version. Just you watch, someday those are going to be a most wanted item, people scouring e-bay for ’em.