As you might know, I used to work at the Mocha Club. (You can read more about it here.)
It started out innocently enough. I wanted to volunteer, so I folded tshirts. Then I took a tiny part time job, then that grew, and fast-forward three years and I was the Social Media/Communications Director.
Life is weird. I don’t like being hot, so I’m not one of those people that has always LOVED Africa. I just loved my friends who worked at Mocha Club and I loved what they did.
Particularly, I love how Mocha Club supports educating African kids. I used to teach elementary school, so I am pretty serious about education and how lives can be changed through it. And now I’m surrounded by high schoolers in my current job, so I see the difference it continues to make.
I no longer work at MC (did you know?) but I still partner with them to help raise funds for their education project.
So because I believe in them, in you, and in the power of people making small sacrifices to make a big impact together, let me introduce you to The 10K Purpose Project.
(There’s a video here…. so subscribers, click on over and watch me in the freezing cold talk about New Dawn High School!)
Bullet points. I believe in them.
– Before the end of February, we are trying to raise $10,000 for New Dawn High School in Nairobi, Kenya.
– $10,000 will provide walls and ceilings for four classrooms as well as classroom supplies and improve teacher salaries. Pretty much, $10,000 makes a massive impact.
– if we reach our goal in a month, we will take a trip to Nairobi to see New Dawn and be on hand to help with some of the classroom improvements.
– If we reach our goal in a month, anyone who donates $25 or more to The 10K Purpose Project (over 18 yrs old) will be eligible to apply to go with us. FOR FREE. So someone is getting a FREE TRIP TO KENYA in May. IF IF IF we raise $10,000.
– We will change the lives of the teachers and students at New Dawn if we reach this goal. Guaranteed.
I’ll go first. Head over to The 10K Purpose Project page and you can see my donation. Join me? Will you partner with us to raise $10,000?
400 of us giving $25 each? And we’re doneski. And we’re going to Africa.
I hope you’ll get on board with us.
(Will you share this with your friends as well? On facebook and twitter and instagram? It would mean so much.)