That Sounds Fun Podcast Episode 63: John Crist

on February 16, 2018 in That Sounds Fun Podcast with 19 comments by

I’m still not totally sure how to put words around this conversation. It was just so so good. And fun (of course). Comedian John Crist and I, as you will hear, have been sharing event posters for years, but this is our first opportunity to be friends. But when you guys request a guest OVER AND OVER, I do my best to get them on the show!

I knew John would be funny, we all knew he’d be funny, but I had no idea how profound and honest and kind he would be. What a good dude… he may be restoring my faith in male enneagram 3s. 🙂 If you weren’t a fan of John before, you will be now. Make sure you follow him on social media, head to his shows when he’s in your town, and buy up all his swag!

John Crist

Dave Barnes’ new album – get it here!

Onsite Workshops

That Sounds Fun Podcast Episode 11: Angie Smith

Order 100 Days to Brave

Podcast page

Rate/review this podcast

1. Shurree
    posted on Feb 18, 2018 at 7:39 PM  |  reply

I am so sorry to ask this question in this way, but I am not sure how else to handle this. Several months ago there was an advertisement on the Podcast about online counselors, and I am trying to find that service. Could someone tell me which company it was? Thank you so much!

2. Ruth
    posted on Feb 19, 2018 at 8:55 AM  |  reply

Guys –

This was sooooooooo good! Thank you both for sharing.

3. amy fowler
    posted on Feb 21, 2018 at 10:36 PM  |  reply

hi i love your podcast it’s my favorite! i’m just wondering if you were considering putting it on google play music since i don’t have itunes and podbean doesn’t work for me anymore? that would be great! love your content!

• posted on Feb 22, 2018 at 9:35 AM  |  reply

The podcast is also available on the podcast app, stitcher and libsyn! I hope that helps 🙂

4. Marli Goodman
    posted on Feb 22, 2018 at 10:54 PM  |  reply

I’m a fairly new listener (since a little before Christmas) but this has become my favorite podcast ever! I stay at home with my two babies and it helps me feel like a good friend is with me. And this episode was so so good! You two are too funny but shared from your heart too. Loved it!

5. posted on Feb 24, 2018 at 2:19 PM  |  reply

This was awesome!! I listened to the VERY END and loved every minute! You two were just amazing how you could get so real and laugh!!! It was perfect for my Saturday morning!!

Now I have to know, what is the personality test that you keep referring to. I love hearing you all talk about that. Especially with Rachel and Winston…that was a great one too!

6. Clickpresse
    posted on Feb 25, 2018 at 4:28 PM  |  reply

Annie, thank you for this post. Its very inspiring.

7. Gymjunkies
    posted on Mar 01, 2018 at 7:07 AM  |  reply

Annie, thanks a lot for the post.Really thank you! Much obliged.

8. Carissa
    posted on Mar 01, 2018 at 4:45 PM  |  reply

I loved the story about the horse…..awesome.

9. Amy Newman
    posted on Mar 02, 2018 at 9:28 AM  |  reply

Annie, Thank you for this podcast! This June will mark two years since my Onsite journey I look forward to hearing the podcast with Miles.

10. posted on Mar 02, 2018 at 10:11 AM  |  reply

Annie,thank you for this post. Its very inspiring.

11. April
    posted on Mar 23, 2018 at 4:02 PM  |  reply

I absolutely LOVED this!!! Thank you for this conversation.

12. posted on May 09, 2018 at 8:21 PM  |  reply

Loved this. Thanks for the reminder of authenticity. And thanks for the laughter.

13. posted on Jul 09, 2018 at 4:48 PM  |  reply

I watched this episode and then episode 72 with Miles Adcox and it was such a blessing to me. I love John’s humor and vulnerability. I loved how both of you, Annie as well as John, shared with such vulnerability and yet shed light on that their can be healing and God’s best is not leaving us there but helping us forward on our own paths. I don’t have a large platform like you, but I experience elements of this in life displayed before my students and such and the balance there. Thank you for simply being as you as you can be and sharing your friends with us, your listeners. God bless!

14. Marianna
    posted on Jul 24, 2018 at 2:11 PM  |  reply

I just started listening to these like last week, and I love your podcast! I’m learning a lot and I’m so excited to listen to more episodes.

15. Arielle
    posted on Sep 09, 2018 at 4:23 PM  |  reply

Hey Annie, I loved this podcast – SO good. Also…what is the cold case podcast you and John referred to?? I want to listen to it.