Words of LOVE.

on February 1, 2007 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 7 comments by

This may be the most Annie art I’ve ever seen- so swirly, so abstract, so messy, so beautiful. Gosh, I love it. I can’t really stop looking at it. Focus, Downs, focus.

My favorite song that Dave Barnes sings is “Nothing Fancy”. As soon as I heard it, I thought, “that is SO me and God.” And I’ve been singing it to Him (with some minor changes) ever since.

Good songwriting. Well done, Dave Barnes, well done.

If I’m learning anything, it is this- there is absolutely nothing fancy about the way I LOVE God……but it is amazing, and quite fancy, how He LOVES me.

(You may be totally over me quoting lyrics, but think like this- Dave Barnes is a writer who sings. An excellent writer who has a fantastic grasp on the heart of God, I think. So I’m merely quoting another writer. You need to hear this song- buy it on iTunes. Buy all of his music on iTunes.)

NOTHING FANCY by Dave Barnes

There’s nothing fancy bout the way I love You
There’s nothing You could not find in any other [girl]There’s nothing fancy bout the way I love You
But I love You as hard as I can

There’s no good reason for the way You love me
But You’re my walking dream come true
There’s no good reason for the way You love me
But I thank [You] God that You do

I don’t know the perfect conversation
I don’t know the way to turn a head
I don’t know the perfect way to prove my love
But I know I’ll love You till I’m dead

There’s nothing fancy bout the way I love You
It’s as simple as the stars in the sky or the blue in the sea
There’s nothing fancy bout the way I love You

But it sure is fancy how You love me
But it sure is fancy how You love me

If you don’t know Him, you should. God LOVES so well.

(Random “Fancy” fact- Candace knows every word to Reba McEntire’s song “Fancy”. Here’s your one chance, Candy, don’t let us down. Now she’s scream/singing it through the wall of our rooms and Kelli is joining in. I wish you could hear this- the roommates have lost their minds. Can you tell we all hope for snow?)

1. Alex Russ
    posted on Feb 01, 2007 at 4:40 AM  |  reply

sweet annie, im still waiting for my end of the deal to be met, remember when i said i would trade you a coffee (that you did pay for, but take that out of the equation) for a date?

i love reading your blogs! thanks for the amen, i appreciate it!

2. james the bruce.
    posted on Feb 01, 2007 at 6:39 PM  |  reply

hey. yea, i joined, so what. im tired of not talking to you, so intend to start.

3. james the bruce.
    posted on Feb 01, 2007 at 7:10 PM  |  reply

i realized how much i need people who truly know me. i guess i have just been missing the familiarity of back home, and you. i miss you and hanging out with you and being around you and trying to swallow melted butter and mustard and eat raw cinnamon at your house

4. dancing and singing with joy
    posted on Feb 02, 2007 at 6:27 AM  |  reply

i…love you. Thats pretty much all there is to it. we pretty much think alike and i love that. It makes me feel special “hmm i think like annie downs, i feel pretty incredible” thats what my mind says. i think you should come back to ghana so we can sit and quote lyrics to each other. sweet.

5. Whitney
    posted on Feb 02, 2007 at 3:02 PM  |  reply

i love it that i can totally hear candace singing “fancy” and see the rest of y’all joining in…absoluetly love it! and love the post on dave barnes – he is fabulous! miss you and tell everyone i said hello!

6. marie-claire
    posted on Feb 02, 2007 at 8:36 PM  |  reply

Nothing Fancy came on my iPod while it was on shuffle. Out of 2000 songs, what are the odds? It’s good, too. I had never listened to it.

7. Margaret
    posted on Feb 03, 2007 at 10:15 PM  |  reply

just checked out dave barnes. love his voice and lyrics are great. good call. by the way just wanted to let you know i am praying for you right now. 10:15 ghana time 🙂