Pouring one out for my blogmies.

on September 25, 2007 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 6 comments by

That’s bloggers + homies. Just so you know.

See, here in the metro area (ok, let’s be honest, here at RiverStone Church), we have a little blogosphere of our own. And tonight was the first installment of what I hope is many more to come- Blog2Face. Actually sitting down and having real life conversations with people that we FEEL like we really know, but probably don’t.

At least, I think that’s what happened. I was unable to attend due to tonsils (or lack thereof). So, this post is the typed version of a homage, or “pouring one out”, as we say on the streets, for my blogger friends from RiverStone.

Check them out:

Brad: the strong, not-so-silent type. Wife and two kids. All cuter than he is. Spiritual example to many. Plays drums like a rock star. Probably my favorite Brad on the planet.

Bill: Again, cute family. Smart writer. Good friend of many that I respect, though we have had minimal face time. (Hence Blog2Face). Soon to be good real life friend though, I’m sure.

Heather: Don’t resist the urge to crush on her, fellas. I know you want to. Smart. Sophisticated. Professional. Ghetto.

Tatum: The sister. Actually more humorous in the last 2 weeks than the first 26 years I’ve known her. Probably the meds.

Matt: FUNNY. One of my favs. Really knows how to put a wheel on a burrito. And I mean that sincerely.

KTB: Rare blogger, but don’t judge. She’s quite the lady. Organization and kindness. Those are her code names at the CIA.

Sean: Cool older brother type. Artsy. Smart. Deep thinker. Loves the Lord and his family.

Jesse: Fellow class of 98er. Good guy. Fun to be around. Makes great jokes. Believes in blog quality over blog quantity and I respect that.

There are others, but since they, along with myself, were not in attendance, I can not, with good conscience, pour one out for them. But next time we meet, and we WILL meet again, I will be there, so will Caroline, Aunt Jennie B, hopefully McDooj, and really anyone who feels the pull.

And this is my penance for missing Blog2Face. Put up an embarrassing picture.

So my most recent struggle, as I’ve mentioned, has been sleeping. And through some research last night I discovered that the main cause of the excruciating pain has been sleeping with my mouth open. So, in hopes of tonight being my first full night of sleep since September 13th :

Pam Downs to the rescue.

Save your applause ….. and laughter …. for the morning. I’ve got to get some sleep.

1. ManUtd17
    posted on Sep 25, 2007 at 10:47 AM  |  reply

You were missed at the event. Hope the nice scarf kept your mouth shut so you could get some shut-eye.

Thanks for the nice summary. I think you captured my essence.

uafdcr

2. brad
    posted on Sep 25, 2007 at 2:39 PM  |  reply

Annie, you were deeply missed last night. We all hope you are feeling better and look forward to seeing you at the next gathering.

ebdcznck

3. h.
    posted on Sep 25, 2007 at 2:43 PM  |  reply

annie, i appreciate you recognizing my ghettofabulousness and shouting out in my favor to all the fellas of the internet (creepy!!). if i end up with a stalker, it all started here folks.

you were supremely missed last night!! hope you got some sleep!!

love, h.

qfopp

4. Boggsy
    posted on Sep 25, 2007 at 3:38 PM  |  reply

I might be able to get you some more “good” drugs…I am a doctor. Just a thought. Get better.

Boggsy

ytktavwa

5. Jennie B
    posted on Sep 25, 2007 at 10:54 PM  |  reply

Annie, you pure child. I have been reading about your pain and my gift of Mercy is overflowing for you. (No sarcasm in that statement, sister – I really mean it). I’m glad you have a good Mama to tie scarves around your head, though.

Thanks for the update on the Blog2Face. I’m not only sorry I missed it, but I’m sorry I dragged Caroline away too. She was busy entertaining all of the New York Interior Designers at a conference with me last night. No sarcasm there, either. She just marched right in like she owned the place and kept them all in stitches. But we will definitely be there next time.

6. seantk
    posted on Sep 26, 2007 at 3:29 AM  |  reply

Blogmies: my new favorite original word.

Annie, you are definitely an OW (original wordsmith).

I just had flashes of a BoysIIMen video go through my mind, thinking about “pouring one out.” MHS pep rallies, too.

Blogmies also makes me think of Hobbits, as well.

Listening to the new Foo Fighters right now – melting my face off.

wxvhq!