Day 10,002 was just weird.

on November 27, 2007 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 12 comments by

#1- I wake up on school mornings at 5:30am.

#2- I was unable to fall asleep last night. The last clock check was 4:15am. You read right. One hour and fifteen minutes before wake up time. I take longer naps than that on a normal basis. And just to put the whole experience in perspective, I started the going to sleep process at 10:30pm. Oh yeah, almost 6 solid hours. Glory be.

I got a lot of good things accomplished in my hours of awful awakeness- finished a book that I LOVED (can’t wait to tell you about it). Thought about every thing under the sun. Solved most, if not all, of the world’s problems. Started planning the implementation of said solutions. Prayed. Told some jokes. Read some more. Made shadow puppets with my hands. Whatever.

#3- I acted like a loony bird for the entire school day. I couldn’t remember my students’ names, I said things backwards. And really, the whole day, in retrospect, was in slow motion. The kids thought it was HILARIOUS. It probably was. I don’t know why I wasn’t a jerk- I was expecting to be a jerk. But instead, I was like Bozo the Clown, ready to yuk it up with all the kiddies.

AND THEN….

#4- I got in a car wreck. Or better stated, I got WORKED by a lady at the intersection of Barrett Parkway and Hwy. 41. I’m not hurt at all. It was a bizarrely calm experience. Laugh if you will, but I’ve never been in a wreck so I’m not sure what I’m supposed to say or not supposed to say “in print”. So I’ll leave it at this- my car’s getting fixed, thank you kind bad driver woman, and those Kennesaw / Cobb Co. policemen were kind and really polite (and not hard on the eyes). Though not hurt, I was a bit freaked out, and it was nice to have policemen that didn’t try to intimidate me (they usually scare me to death- ask some of my lifelong friends), but really attempted to make the situation right.

The other people in the wreck claimed some injury. And I believe they may have genuinely been hurt. Who knows. But I do know this.

Once more the Lord claimed LIFE for me. There is NO ONE greater than our God. He saw fit to allow me another day to attempt to do His will, to work out this salvation thing, and to glorify Him as best I can.

And I will do that. As soon as I get some sleep.

1. carolineb
    posted on Nov 27, 2007 at 3:28 AM  |  reply

It must have taken the patience of Job to wait until #4 to tell us you had a WRECK! What the?! And handsome popos to boot. Big day, glad you’re ok. We need you to be ok. My calendar said we were going to a movie tonight. I don’t think we did.

2. nysewanders
    posted on Nov 27, 2007 at 4:26 AM  |  reply

ok, before addressing the BIG stuff…

Please tell me you were telling yourself jokes in bed! I am dying over here just imagining you in your bed, delirious, telling yourself a joke and laughing hysterically. Even if that is not how it played out, just tell me that it was so I can keep laughing.

Now for the big stuff… are you kidding me! You were pumbled by another car and still had time and frame of mind to appreciate the appearance of some officers… you are my hero and I love you.

I’m glad you’re ok and I hope your car makes it through:)

3. brad
    posted on Nov 27, 2007 at 4:35 AM  |  reply

Glad you are okay. Levi and I were headed down 41 today to a birthday we were two days early for and saw “a wreck” down in the distance. We prayed that everybody was okay. It may not have been you, but I am glad you are okay.

4. carolineb
    posted on Nov 27, 2007 at 4:39 AM  |  reply

Brad was 2 days early for a birthday just so he could maybe pray for you.

5. carolineb
    posted on Nov 27, 2007 at 4:40 AM  |  reply

And, that was hilarious that you told some jokes in the middle of the night. I was like, who to?!

6. AtlantaMama
    posted on Nov 27, 2007 at 5:57 AM  |  reply

#4 Sad times… what a bad place too (Barrett and 41) YUCK!! Sosorry.. Glad you’re OK though. It was great to see you Saturday. (GO DAWGS!)

7. Marie-Claire
    posted on Nov 27, 2007 at 5:59 AM  |  reply

Are you effing kidding me?I bet the bad driver lady will read this and comment. Or better yet, the hot policemen.

8. ManUtd17
    posted on Nov 27, 2007 at 12:33 PM  |  reply

Glad you’re OK. I like the postman-like posting perseverance too. Won’t let a little thing like a wreck impede you from your destination.

pg(is that a u or a v?)lgg (i or j?)

Must’ve been a v. Take two.

jtzdavxu

9. seantk
    posted on Nov 27, 2007 at 9:22 PM  |  reply

I woke up @ 4:15 today to be at work @ 4:45. That’s another story for another day…..

Glad you’re OK, Anns. Wrecks are no fun and can be serious business. Good to have you safe.

Your description of late-night delirium had me laughing. When I worked at a hotel in NYC, I spent about a 3-month stint on the “night shift.” It was brutal toward the 4 am mark. I’m a night person (or WAS one…. now I’m “grown up” with a family I can’t quite make it like I used to!) and it was OK…. but when 4 am rolled around…. brutal! From then to 6 am was the “rough time.” I actually would write poetry on purpose during this period to capture the Alpha wave goings-on in my brain. It was surreal and hilarious, for sure.

Oh the memories.

ebhmqtca (rejected)
    rzvtxk

10. Katie B
    posted on Nov 28, 2007 at 2:53 AM  |  reply

I mean, if you have to be in a wreck you might as well be in a fog I guess. Glad it wasn’t you falling asleep at the wheel!
    I don’t ever want to live in a world that you aren’t in too… Hopefully I never will.

Oh, and I thought about creating a blog for the policeman and commenting on this post and freaking you out but it sounded like too much work. 🙂
    Just know I thought about it.

I love all the word verification talk… cfcrey. irmdpqwk. atwzokxw.
    I swear its another language and we’re saying bad words.

11. Annie
    posted on Nov 28, 2007 at 3:43 AM  |  reply

Bekah and CBed- Absolutely telling myself jokes. I’m pretty much my biggest fan. And had you SEEN the officers…

KTB- you would.

Brad- thanks for praying. Tell Levi thanks. He’s got a way when it comes to praying for me!! Think the wreck had anything to do with the Scotland team being put together at the EXACT same time? Interesting either way.

Marie- let’s be honest, we’re all expecting a comment from the cop.

Ann- thanks. Agreed. Saturday was fun.

Bill- I actually went from the wreck to Publix. Wrecks ain’t gonna stop my holiday baking!

Sean- I don’t envy your 4:15 wake up call. Though I do envy you getting to be around white chocolate mochas all day.

12. Jake
    posted on Nov 30, 2007 at 3:42 PM  |  reply

Eee gads! Will your Camry be able to fulfill its end-times mission?
    :-)Face aka rancu
    Hmmm… that’s almost a real word…