One day more.

on November 29, 2007 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 10 comments by

I started to quote the rest of that lyric from “Les Miserables”, but it gets pretty violent, actually. Apparently I don’t mind singing them, but when I write it out, it’s a bit stronger. [that’s a whole blog in itself] And something tells me that the FBI would get some sort of red blinking light at the doorway of their “Blog-Stalking” office if I quoted lyrics involving a revolution and blood.

I can’t believe that we only have one more day of NaBloPoMo. It has flown by like a mudslide. Like the end of a mudslide. When it just sorta crawls.

I went today to pick up my police report from the accident. It made me feel yucky how many times they used the word “impacted”. Eww.

We are sitting in class right now. Those of us who even have a drop of technological knowledge are done with all our assignments. Yet here we sit. Because some people aren’t sure what “DOWNLOAD” means. Or “MOUSE”.

I’m getting my new camera tomorrow. Booyah!! So when I get to see Dave Barnes and Matt Wertz again in Chattanooga tomorrow night, the pics should be rad. If they aren’t, we’ll know it was an operator problem, won’t we?

Ok, my friend just peaced out of class. What a disgrace. I’ve made a point of being the FIRST one out each night. Shameful.

1. Camille
    posted on Nov 30, 2007 at 3:25 AM  |  reply

I laughed out loud at the whole Les Mis reference. I started singing it in my head right when I read your title.
    We are looking forward to seeing you on Saturday. Thanks again so much for getting us tickets. We can’t wait!

2. nysewanders
    posted on Nov 30, 2007 at 3:42 AM  |  reply

What the beeeeeeeeeep!!!!!! Ok, I had just typed out a serious (ok, not super serious) comment for you and then I went to do the word verification dealio and I decided that I needed to know the purpose of the handicap sign next to it. WHAT THE HELL!!!! I feel like I’m in Lost and I pushed a button in the hatch that I wasn’t supposed to. I mean I’m fully freaked right now! Nothing happened for a second then I heard a ding and I swear I was listening to a Beatles album being played backwards or my mind was being brain washed with government secrets. Now I’m really wondering why the heck they need a handicap icon… who is handicapped enough to type a comment but not be able to type the word verification?

ANYWAY, if you’re brave enough, try it for yourself but be warned, I couldn’t make it stop and just had to close the page. CRAZY!!!!!

3. nysewanders
    posted on Nov 30, 2007 at 3:43 AM  |  reply

I mean I’m seriously up-set about this!

4. seantk
    posted on Nov 30, 2007 at 4:05 AM  |  reply

This has cracked me up about the Nice Wanders getting sucked into the handicapped icon hell. I don’t even know what it’s like and I never even noticed that thing before now, but the description of what happened is awesome.

I’m glad I’m related to these wacky peeps.

5. nysewanders
    posted on Nov 30, 2007 at 4:43 AM  |  reply

I played it for JM and he got freaked out too. Just so you know, it involves other languages! I think it has something to do with the devil or the tower of babel.

Sean, I’m happy yo be related to you too:)

6. Marie-Claire
    posted on Nov 30, 2007 at 2:42 PM  |  reply

I got sucked into Handicapped Icon hell one time. It was not pretty. It made me appreciate silence a lot more.

7. ManUtd17
    posted on Nov 30, 2007 at 3:55 PM  |  reply

The silly thing about the icon is that it’s for people who can’t see, so they can still use the verification. But if they can’t see, how will they find the icon on the screen in the first place?

8. seantk
    posted on Nov 30, 2007 at 9:21 PM  |  reply

I dared to click on “The Icon” last night and….. it was scary. Bizarre. I don’t even know what that’s supposed to be. It was like being in a time-flux, where I’m a fly on the wall, overhearing conversations from a whole 24-hour period all mixed and jumbled together…… but I’m an intoxicated fly, so it’s even more odd. I listened for about 2 minutes and got so freaked that I closed the page.

I still don’t know what that was supposed to be. I’m leaning toward the tower of babel or 666 explanation. Did I hear something in the mix about wrists and foreheads????

9. carolineb
    posted on Nov 30, 2007 at 9:32 PM  |  reply

The handicapped icon turned me into a newt. I got better.

10. nysewanders
    posted on Dec 01, 2007 at 3:46 AM  |  reply

See Sean, I told you! No fun, no fun. I’m still praying for God to take away the memories.

Caroline, just for fun… a song:

“Bravely bold Sir Robin rode forth from Camelot. He was not afraid to die, oh brave Sir Robin. He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways, brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin. He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp, or to have his eyes gouged out, and his elbows broken. To have his kneecaps split, and his body burned away, and his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Robin. His head smashed in and heart cut out, and his liver removed, and his bowels unplugged, and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis…”

“That’s, uh, that’s enough music for now, lads… looks like there’s dirty work afoot.”