Caught on tape.

on June 20, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 9 comments by

Add this to your “Annie Does Dumb Things” file. Because I’m guessing you probably have one of those by now.

So today, there was an open house party at my Dad’s office, located in this building. Where there just happens to be a few condos left for purchase, should you find yourself in need of a custom built condo in walking distance to the historic Marietta Square.

You can tell I’ve said that a few times tonight.

My assigned location? In the parking garage. Standing by the elevator. Letting people know “the open house is on level M- turn to your left and head to the end of the hallway.” And blah and blah and etcetera etcetera and so on and so forth… until the elevator arrived.

From 4pm until 7:15pm. I stood there. Mostly alone. And from previous blog post [thanks for your awesome ideas!], you know alone is NO GOOD FOR ME.

I had on a cute blue sundress. I like it mucho.

About 5:15pm, I was all alone. Again. And the dress had… how do you say…. moved around a bit. As had the um…. how do we say this politely…. the undergarments being used to secure said dress. And myself.

So, being just slightly to the left of BRILLIANT, I thought, “I’ll step around to the other side of this wall, adjust all things that need adjusting, then return to my assigned location, no worries.”

About 5/6 of the way through my adjustments, I had a memory. More like a dream sequence.

In this dream sequence, I was standing in the offices above, looking up at the wall. Full of television screens. Showing the many Many MANY views of the security cameras.

Unfortunately, it wasn’t a dream.

This is the part where the story gets really good.

Because about 10 minutes later, a man that works in the office came downstairs and said, “I’ll send you the link to that on YouTube tomorrow.”

I also received comments like this:

“So I hear the security video system is up and running.”

“How do you like the cameras in the parking garage?”

To say that I am proud to be me is the understatement of the century.

And to you, bloggite, I say YOU ARE WELCOME. Because surely that story makes you feel a little better about your day.

1. Brad Huebert
    posted on Jun 20, 2008 at 4:58 AM  |  reply

Okay, that’s funny. Because it’s at your expense and you make it easier to get a kick out of it because you’re so good at being you. Maybe I could email the said video to my single friend….

😉

2. ManUtd17
    posted on Jun 20, 2008 at 12:09 PM  |  reply

Why can I picture Tatum and Sally gathering everyone upstairs for a better view of the monitors?

And Pam just rolling her eyes?

3. Annie
    posted on Jun 20, 2008 at 12:26 PM  |  reply

Brad, yikes.

Bill, because that probably happened.

4. Anonymous
    posted on Jun 20, 2008 at 1:29 PM  |  reply

Oh my goodness. Sounds like something I would do. That is pretty funny…but only because it was you and not me!

Renee

5. Sharliss Jane Arnold
    posted on Jun 20, 2008 at 2:10 PM  |  reply

Oh My, life is fun. I am sure you have made the day of some worker who hated being at work, thought it was just another day at the office and you my dear made him smile!

6. Sally
    posted on Jun 20, 2008 at 2:11 PM  |  reply

wow i so wish i was there for that one…

and yes if i had been there i would have gathered everyone for a better view of the show.

7. Eve
    posted on Jun 20, 2008 at 6:34 PM  |  reply

It’s official – I love your blog. LOL Thanks that was a great story.

8. Annie
    posted on Jun 21, 2008 at 2:26 AM  |  reply

Renee- it was funny. Sorta. 🙂

Sharliss- I promise I won’t embarrass you in Nashville.

Sally- Jerk. 🙂

Eve- Thanks!! You are too sweet.

9. Anonymous
    posted on Jun 21, 2008 at 5:31 PM  |  reply

Okay Annie-
    One time at a friends wedding-we were in a bar (between ceremony and reception…that’s how they roll in southern illinois) anyway, I walked out of the bathroom…and I had one of those cute,long gauze skirts on that were popular in the early 90’s…TUCKED INTO MY BIG GIRLS IN THE BACK! I walked halfway across the bar until someone gave me head’s up. Been there sista! Thank goodness, there was no You Tube back then.

Mc