The Recap: San Antonio Style (spicy, with a side of guac)

on August 25, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 13 comments by

The way I got to San Antonio is hilarious. Here’s how it happened. I went to the SheSpeaks Conference in Charlotte. While shopping there with Melanie and Sophie, I decided to go to Deeper Still in Atlanta. Then while sharing blogger brownies outside the Georgia Dome, I decided to go to San Antonio.

I don’t exactly know why. Its not like I have a job with tons of extra cash floating around my life. But everyday I realize I am more and more like my sister than I thought- the girl will pack up and fly to Abu Dhabi to see people that she loves. And that was my motivation too, mostly. Melanie and Sophie have become dear friends and I just couldn’t miss the chance to hang with them again. [More on that tomorrow…]

So I flew there, met some other awesome blog-sistas for the first time (big ups to E-Dub, Robyn, Gayle, Amy Beth, and Cindy!) which was so fun. Another huge blessing was being with Missy again, a dear friend from SheSpeaks. And I am not lying when I say this- I totally teared up when I saw her the first time. I just love her. [I know you are shocked about the tears.]

The Fiesta was great. We took a group picture (one of ten or so), and I labeled it for you. Obviously. You need to know right where my people are.

And bless their hearts, the Lifeway people saved me a seat.

Huh? What’s that? That looks like MY handwriting towards the bottom? Um… I have no idea what you are talking about.

Seriously, I loved the whole conference. Worship was OFF THE CHAIN- in the words of Mel, Travis made me “ugly cry”. It was the most intense worship I have ever experienced at a Beth Moore event. So so good. And Beth’s talks. Good gracious. As you’ll recall, the whole idea of “God is my portion” is my theme right now, so to say I was stunned when that scripture crossed the screen is an understatement. I’m not kidding, y’all, when Beth started flipping us to scriptures on Saturday, I turned back in my journal about a week and had ALL THE SAME SCRIPTURES. It was creepy and cool. croolpy. Or creool? Either way, it ruled.

The Lord spoke deep to my heart. As you can imagine, with my new world and all here in Nashville, I’ve had some pretty-serious-face-down-why-am-I-here- and-what-are-You-doing talks with God. So it wasn’t that the entire concept of the weekend was new to me, though some of it surely was. Its that it was beautifully timed.

I really felt the Lord saying, “You know all that stuff that’s been floating in your head? You know those things you’ve prayed about and are continuing to pray about? You know how you wonder if its Me and if its true? IT IS.

God flew me to San Antonio to remind me that He and I are in the middle of something big in Nashville.

1. posted on Aug 25, 2008 at 4:56 PM  |  reply

Holler.
    You’ll have to see MY pic with Beth. It’s totally better than yours.
    Be prepared to be jealous.
    In a happy, fun, Christian, sisterly, kind of way.

2. posted on Aug 25, 2008 at 4:58 PM  |  reply

Oh, and what’s the name of that program (photoshop-like) where you can add cool stuff to pics?

3. posted on Aug 25, 2008 at 5:26 PM  |  reply

Love the picture of the name tag on your seat!

4. posted on Aug 25, 2008 at 5:30 PM  |  reply

Great post! thanks for sharing!

5. posted on Aug 25, 2008 at 6:25 PM  |  reply

Oh, Annie. Sweet sweet girl!
    Come move to Houston and we can go cry with Beth every Tuesday. K? K. I have a three year old little girl who would just love to share a room with you.

6. posted on Aug 25, 2008 at 6:52 PM  |  reply

Annie, I can’t believe how insanely fast we hit it off. I just love you girlfriend.

I giggle every single time I think about how you said “moons over my hammy….only with turkey” with the most serious face ever.

I really miss you guys….

7. posted on Aug 25, 2008 at 9:01 PM  |  reply

Loved spending a little time with you, Annie, and I hope I get the chance again! Praying for you and your transitions! I hope you’ll blog more about your portion lessons! Consider yourself hugged. 🙂

Oh- and moon over my hammy will stay with me for years. Thanks for ordering it. 🙂

8. posted on Aug 25, 2008 at 9:29 PM  |  reply

of course you are (that is, in the middle of something HUGE in N-town) =)

Love you.

9. posted on Aug 25, 2008 at 10:02 PM  |  reply

So glad to hear you had such a wonderful time! God is faithful.

10. gulley
    posted on Aug 25, 2008 at 10:26 PM  |  reply

I got a label!!!! Wow!!! So enjoyed seeing you. IT was like picking up with an old friend!!!

11. Barb-a-licious
    posted on Aug 26, 2008 at 12:02 AM  |  reply

this was so good to read and I am so glad that He is blessing you with lots of His presence. He loves you and He is WITH YOU. yay.

12. posted on Aug 26, 2008 at 8:26 AM  |  reply

Nice, sista. Glad you have such great friends to connect with. And that God’s got his sights set on you. Homing in… beep………..beep………beep….beep..beepbeeep
    DING!

13. posted on Aug 30, 2008 at 4:42 PM  |  reply

I’m still jealous over the fact that y’all got to meet Gulley. And you’re standing next to her in the picture! That’s tres cool.