Just blame Caroline.

on September 30, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 11 comments by

I was going to blog when I got back to Nashville yesterday.

But my fingertips were throbbing.  I couldn’t type or unbutton things or make toast.  Ok, actually.  I could make toast.  But it hurt.  But it was delicious.  I love toast.

My fingertips were throbbing because I chewed my nails to pieces on the three and a half hour drive north.

I chewed my nails because I was nervous and a wee bit stressed.

I was nervous and a wee bit stressed because I was listening to The Hobbit.  Seriously.  Am I supposed to be completely fine when Bilbo has to rescue 12 dwarfs from spider web cocoons?  He is a hobbit, people.  He’s tiny.  How does Tolkien expect Bilbo to save the day?  Sheesh.

I was listening to The Hobbit because Caroline told me it was a great book and this was the best recording of a book that has ever existed on the face of the planet.  And it is.  I’m 3/4 of the way through and I’m loving it.

And because I was home in Marietta, I went to Caroline‘s house.  And because that’s how Caroline rolls, I was only there for about 7 minutes when I had a bowl of soup in my hands and the box set of The Hobbit CDs in my lap.

And yesterday I drove and listened and chewed away.  And was slightly amazed at Bilbo’s skillz.

So the fact that I didn’t write a profound and/or ridiculous and/or hilarious and/or inspirational and/or mediocre blog yesterday is Caroline‘s fault.

Thanks, Caroline.  Love you.

1. posted on Sep 30, 2008 at 12:21 PM  |  reply

she’s pretty amazing

2. posted on Sep 30, 2008 at 1:59 PM  |  reply

I miss her.

3. Southern Gal
    posted on Sep 30, 2008 at 5:48 PM  |  reply

She sounds lovely. Good friends are priceless.

My son LOVES the whole Tolkien series. I wouldn’t let him read them or watch the movies until he was 15. He got hooked on reading then.

I have never read them. Listening sounds much more appealing somehow.
    All those strange words I guess.

Renee

4. posted on Sep 30, 2008 at 6:58 PM  |  reply

Man I hate that stupid habit of nail biting! Don’t worry friend I am right there with you. Your awesome Annie! Cya!

5. posted on Sep 30, 2008 at 7:16 PM  |  reply

Oh man, the Hobbit is amazing. Can’t wait for the movie…

6. posted on Sep 30, 2008 at 9:12 PM  |  reply

So is it a specific version of the recording that I’m going to be looking for? Details, I need details…

7. Sharliss
    posted on Sep 30, 2008 at 9:17 PM  |  reply

Yep, I know all about Caroline, the one who will just give you the entire world if you need it! She has been my support for more than 26 years! There are times when she was the only rock I could stand on and if I needed soup, wings or corn bread, I knew just were to go. There is nothing better than soup, that wonderful leather couch in her great room and of course Our Caroline!

8. posted on Oct 01, 2008 at 7:45 AM  |  reply

Haven’t read it yet…

I am glad we are no blog friends too. *grin* You are cool!

9. kelli
    posted on Oct 01, 2008 at 8:07 AM  |  reply

That sounds like a really good idea. I always get so bored in the car by myself. I wanted to let you know that on Monday I drove from VA to GA (8 hours) and played your license plate number game the whole way. 9 is hard to get, but it kept me awake!

10. posted on Oct 01, 2008 at 9:56 AM  |  reply

That is so funny!

What a hoot!

My family loves The Hobbit!

It’s excellent….and obviously a nail biter! heehee.

Gotta love those friends.

11. Brynn
    posted on Oct 01, 2008 at 10:19 PM  |  reply

This is what I thought of as I read this blog… “if you give a mouse a cookie, he’s going to ask for a glass of milk…” except, yours went backwards 🙂