I am not going to get political.

on October 2, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 10 comments by

I’m not smart enough to risk making a statement that might make you mad. But I watched the VP debate tonight and have thoughts.

I do love that Biden mentioned Scranton.

[Everyone loves to give props to Scranton.  Myself included.]

And to be fair, Sarah Palin is cute as a button.

So.  One very wise Annie comment for each side.

I know.  You are impressed with the depth of my political prowess.

[Did I even use prowess correctly here?  Again. You are impressed.]

Here’s what I do know:  I love Israel and we need to stand by them.  I love truth- make that Truth.  And I want to see God honored by our nation.  Though let’s be honest and look at our culture- that’s probably not going to happen.

So.

Where do we go from here?

I don’t know.

I’m tired.  My head hurts. And I’m sad because I seriously wanted to be hilarious tonight on my blog.  [I’ve been planning it all day- some would say I have a “blog addiction”.  I find that absurd.  Ish.]

But my heart is heavy for our nation.  For our future.  And more than ever, I feel this DEEP DEEP need to pray.  To really pray.

2 Chronicles 7:14

“…if My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Have mercy on us, God.

1. posted on Oct 02, 2008 at 10:39 PM  |  reply

Annie, those are awesome points about wanting to see our nation honoring God. I couldn’t agree more. I watched the debate tonight wanting SP to win…for her, for me, for justice. She and her family have been ripped apart unfairly and her performance tonight was awesome. But people are people and will fail us everytime. Jesus is our only hope and the answer to everything.

2. posted on Oct 02, 2008 at 10:46 PM  |  reply

Amen Sister!!!!! I agree totally!!!!!

3. posted on Oct 02, 2008 at 11:40 PM  |  reply

Amen! I think Palin is precious, too…really! :o)

4. Southern Gal
    posted on Oct 03, 2008 at 6:20 AM  |  reply

Many are feeling that strong urge to pray. Let’s do it then. God hears us. He knows.

5. Kat
    posted on Oct 03, 2008 at 8:45 AM  |  reply

I can’t comment on the debate. I was having my hearing impaired at a rock concert.

But I thought your post was funny.

Well, parts of it. Like when you used “ish” as a word.

Witty you are…

Seriously, though, good thoughts, my friend.

6. Bobbi
    posted on Oct 03, 2008 at 9:21 AM  |  reply

I, too, am burdened for our country. A group of friends and I are praying on Sunday afternoons fron 4:00 to 4:30. We each just go to a quiet room in our own homes and plead with God on behalf of this great nation. Please join us if you would like, and spread the word. Where two or three are gathered…

7. posted on Oct 03, 2008 at 3:03 PM  |  reply

I just linked to your site from Big Mama, and I already know that we think a lot alike! I had this same post (I mean you would be absurdly shocked at the similarities) running through my head ever since watching the debate (not to mention getting really worked up about the description People magazine gave in their listings this week concerning the debate….it really got me hot and bothered)

Anyway, I will probably just post about that now on my own blog (My “People” tyraid) cause your assessment was much better than I would have been able to come up with anyway!

Looking forward to getting to know you!

8. posted on Oct 03, 2008 at 9:47 PM  |  reply

I just mentioned on my blog about Sarah’s incredible adorableness. No matter what she says, she’s so incredibly cute. It’s crazy.

9. posted on Oct 04, 2008 at 11:13 AM  |  reply

One of my favorite verses…

And I couldn’t agree more, Palin is as cute as a button.

10. posted on Oct 05, 2008 at 12:29 AM  |  reply

I’m totally with you on the need-to-pray thing…I’m praying for Palin. That ALmost rhymes. ALmost. 🙂 Oh, and McCain, but he’s kinda incidental on this ticket. Weird.