Just some bits of internet gold.

on November 19, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 12 comments by

If you haven’t yet, all you crazy bloggers should join the Mocha Club campaign that is starting soon- a teaser- it’s called I Need Africa.  If you still want play along, just let me know.

I have some internet things to share.

[Apparently I feel very “to the point” right now.  Hmm.  Rare.]

First of all, have you heard of THIS WEBSITE?  Where you swap paperback books?  Now I haven’t tried it myself but that was only because I heard of it this weekend and I couldn’t see my bookshelves to pick which ones to switch.  Cause I have a little book addiction. Don’t judge me.

And the sick truth is 1. I have read all of these and 2. Most of the shelves are 2 books deep.  Look closely.

I guess it’s a good addiction, right?  Better than crack, or so they say.

I have three songs repeating in my life right now-

1. In Better Hands by Natalie Grant
  2. Up To The Mountain by Patty Griffin (performed first for my ears by Reba and Kelly)
  3. Could’ve Sworn It Was You by Annie Parsons

I’m also finding that I frequent money savings websites and these two have been real pleasures as of late-

1. One Goodie– One fun home item a day (which you know I am sucker for all things homegoods related) and one baby item a day (yeah, not really “for my house” right now, but cute.)
  2. Bargain Briana– This girl don’t mess around.  She will save you some doll hairs for realz.

I also love this Throw Out 50 Things Challenge– cause honestly folks, how many of us literally could give away/sell/toss AT LEAST 50 sundry items in our lives?  I’m doin’ it, yo. And documenting it on my blog. Because that is sadly how my mind works 87% of the time now.

And some housekeeping clicks-

If you want to follow me on TWITTER, I’d love it, but you have to have an account.  I tried to have mine unlocked so anyone could see it and follow, but you would be in shock and awe if you saw the amount of trash that requested to follow me.  Mainly spammers.  And Florida Gators.

[ba-dum-ching!  I’ll be here all night folks. Tip your waitresses.  Try the lasagna.]

Also, if you are still checking all the blogs you love everyday, crossing your fingers for a new post only to realize that Jimmy-Never-Post has let you down again?  Go to GOOGLE READER, subscribe to all the blogs you read (you know, like this one here) and then you never have to waste a click on Jimmy-Never-Post again. Google Reader will just show you the ones that update.  I find it helpful and enjoyable, two of my favorite things.

And finally, a cankle update:

It’s feeling much better.  I have most of the rotation back and can almost stand on it without pain.  I still have a bit of a limp, but that’s cause I’m cool like dat.  I’m regaining strength, but it will be a while before my next 5K. Sorry, Annie Parsons.

And by the way, a “cankle” is a fat ankle- like your calf goes straight to your foot.  I thought that was a common term.  Apparently it is not.  My apologies.

The big closer- a new photo.

1. Jennifer
    posted on Nov 19, 2008 at 9:03 AM  |  reply

Annie, thanks for the money savings sites. I have one for you, wantnot.net. She scours the internet for deals and posts several times a day with coupons, great deals etc. PLUS, she comments about the deals and she is really funny. She runs contests that are real…I actually won one earlier this week. And I just found the site last week! Hope you are well, glad cankle is getting better! Oh, one more, currentcodes.com. They give you any current codes for thousands of sites to get discounts. f course, the key is deciding if you actually need the stuff. HAPPY SHOPPING

2. posted on Nov 19, 2008 at 10:44 AM  |  reply

L.O.V.E paperback swap. Is single-handedly keeping my kids supplied with books.

3. posted on Nov 19, 2008 at 11:38 AM  |  reply

Its looking much better…

now gotta check out these links…

4. posted on Nov 19, 2008 at 12:14 PM  |  reply

you R cool like dat, homefry!!! your cankle is looking much more like an ankle now, good to “hear”. thanks for the links, gonna take a hop , skip amd a jump over der to scope it out…peace out!! 😉

5. Bethanne
    posted on Nov 19, 2008 at 1:25 PM  |  reply

You are hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

6. Face
    posted on Nov 19, 2008 at 1:57 PM  |  reply

Oooo. Natalie Grant. That “Held” song works me over every time.
    Not sure what I think about Christian music videos, though…

I learned about cankles when we move to Charlotte. That and the word “man crush” are two of my favorites.

7. posted on Nov 19, 2008 at 8:45 PM  |  reply

I love paperback swap.
    I follow you on Twitter.
    And I love my Google Reader.
    Even though there are 300 unread items in it right now.
    I’ve had a hard week, but I’m trying to get caught up.
    Thanks for the heads up about the 50 things challenge. I definitely need to participate!

8. posted on Nov 19, 2008 at 9:19 PM  |  reply

That cankle is almost recognizable as a body part and not a flesh balloon.

(I know. Gross. But I can’t help it.)

I don’t know about the official 50 Things site, but speaking as one who’s gotten rid of about 25% of her household the last 18 months, I vote DO IT! It’s incredibly freeing, and I miss NOTHING.

Finally — which is when I know my comment is WAY TOO LONG — I’d love to know more about the Mocha Club dealings. Shoot me an e-mail.

9. posted on Nov 19, 2008 at 11:42 PM  |  reply

glad the ankle is looking better. feuw! i’ve missed you so xoxoxo

10. posted on Nov 20, 2008 at 12:49 AM  |  reply

I just tried out paperback swap…sooo cool! love it! thanks!

11. posted on Nov 20, 2008 at 2:25 AM  |  reply

I had never heard “cankle” before. Probably because I’m a Yankee.

But! I have double-shelved books, far too many, but I love my books!

12. posted on Nov 21, 2008 at 10:19 AM  |  reply

OKAY, Do tell how I can try this on my own site…