This hurts my soul.

on December 7, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 20 comments by

So I don’t know if I told you, but our heat went out about 2 weeks ago, the Sunday before Thanksgiving. And I don’t know if you have heard, but it is SERIOUSLY COLD in Nashville. As in, I can’t form complete sentences when I’m outside. I just shiver and say things like “ffrrozzen” and “Oh. My. Cuh-cuh-cuh-core temperature”. Things of that nature.

When the heat goes out, that is BAD. So being the brave little soldier that I am, when the heat broke- I packed up and drove to Atlanta. [I am totally tough as nails.]

I grabbed all my things quickly to escape the tundra that was my bedroom. In haste, I tossed my computer onto my laundry basket. I grabbed the basket and headed towards the door.

[This is where things get painful. Consider yourself warned.]

Saying goodbye to the Roomie with the basket sitting on my hip, sweet little computer decided to jump ship.

And four bounces on a hardwood floor later, I wanted to cry and poop my pants. In no particular order.

Because this happened.  [deep heart-felt sigh]

[Spence and Randy, are y’all proud of how I labeled the pictures in this post? I’m such a good student.]

Anyways, so the other computer-dropping result has been internal- a LOONEY battery.  For example, pre-drop, a charge would last for about 2.5 hours.  Today, apparently….

463 hours?  That would be 20 days. Wowsa. And…. then it died in 35 minutes.

So. Needless to say. My computer has lost it’s ever-lovin’-mind.

Monday morning Computer and I have an appointment at the Mac store. And I’m afraid they are gonna pull a Big Mama on me and take it away for days.

DAYS, people.  DAYS.  Just thinking that makes me feel all yucky on the inside.

I blame Winter.  It’s on, Winter.  You versus me.  Mano y Season-o.

Bring it. I don’t fear you. I have coats and sassy scarves.

Uh…. please…. just don’t mess with my computer anymore.

1. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 12:35 AM  |  reply

So sorry, Annie! Ouch!! Hope Computer is feeling better and back to normal soon! I hope this doesn’t mean LESS blogging!! I doubt it; you’re resourceful. 🙂

2. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 12:40 AM  |  reply

ya i dropped mine and the optical drive stopped working. they took it thursday morning and it was back in my hands on monday.

the longest five days of my life! i feel your pain

3. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 1:43 AM  |  reply

Oh. No.

4. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 2:43 AM  |  reply

Annie, I dropped my mac too. And my soul hurt too. Are we related? BTW, I just posted a video I think you’ll get a real kick out of. Check it out, it may just cheer you up… for about nine seconds.

🙂

5. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 5:19 AM  |  reply

WHAT? Am I gonna have to go cold turkey?
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo !

Please say that you have a back-up. You have a back-up… right?

6. Southern Gal
    posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 7:31 AM  |  reply

Hey, I have an idea. It’s called a space heater and it’s a great little gadget you use to heat your bedroom, for instance. JUST KIDDING. It’s the season to be home anyway.

So sorry about your computer. I don’t have a laptop. My kids do and I worry about them dropping them all the time. I hope you don’t have to surrender yours for more than a few hours. I’d hate to see a sobbing lady sitting outside the Mac store…

7. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 7:45 AM  |  reply

aaahhh man – that’s not fun at all!

8. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 8:27 AM  |  reply

I just got a Mac (it’s a really cool story — I need to blog about it). Before getting mine, I wouldn’t have understood the significance of this story. Now, I deeply understand — and I mourn with you.

Down with winter.

9. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 9:25 AM  |  reply

Oh Annie. I’m so sorry!! I hope they’re able to get it back to you asap.

10. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 9:42 AM  |  reply

I’m just saying that if you bat your eyelashes at the Geniuses it helps you get your computer back sooner.

11. gulley
    posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 10:13 AM  |  reply

Put some of that Annie charm on them, it’ll slay them. Seriously.

12. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 1:04 PM  |  reply

just give e’m puppy dog eyes and say pwetty pwetty pweese!! that’ll get ’em!! hope your ‘puter is well soon!!! takec are, be blessed!

13. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 1:05 PM  |  reply

Ouch. I just got a mac a few months ago and I think I would cry if I dropped :o) Hope it gets fixed…quickly! One never really understands about a mac until they have one themselves!

14. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 3:20 PM  |  reply

i want a sassy scarf. =) i think your computer is back already??

miss you friend.

15. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 4:09 PM  |  reply

wow. i am hurting for you. i don’t know what i’d do if that happened to me! but, im sure Apple will be speedy and fix it all up for you!!

16. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 8:03 PM  |  reply

That is my worst nightmare. I seriously have bad dreams about my macbook slipping out of my fingers and onto the hardwood.

I have been a mac user as long as there have been macs, and my sad experience is this: if there’s a way for them to fix it slower or make it more painful than necessary, the geniuses at the mac store will find it. I SOooo hope that won’t happen to you though! Best wishes and speedy recovery to your poor macbook.

17. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 8:04 PM  |  reply

Found you on The Preacher’s Wife.

This is Hi-LAR-i-ous!

Hope your computer bounces back!

Gonna’ browse around now.

Rena Gunther

18. posted on Dec 08, 2008 at 10:08 PM  |  reply

uh oh…this is not good. not good at all friend.

19. posted on Dec 09, 2008 at 10:18 AM  |  reply

as the new owner of a macbook in the past 3 weeks my heart breaks for you!!! like for real–i’m so attached to this thing already it’s insane–and probably not good–it’s like family–too bad we already had the christmas cards printed when we purchased this new addition for our family! 🙂

20. Barb-a-licious
    posted on Dec 09, 2008 at 10:43 PM  |  reply

I did the same thing with my computer except it was over my head as I walked up my stairs. SO sad. It works ok if you count not being able to burn cds or insert a jump drive. sad.