A sad, sad, letter.

on December 11, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 11 comments by

*We interrupt this regularly scheduled police blog talk (but keep the awesome stories coming!) to deal with a fashion heartbreak.*

Dear Overstock.com,

Last week, I was looking all over your website for a beautiful dress.  See, Overstock.com, I’m going to a semi-formal Christmas party on Saturday night.  I’m really excited about it.  Because I know we just met, Overstock.com, I’ll just confess that I’m not one for fancy attire or dresses in general.  But you had me at matte chiffon, Overstock.com. So I ordered it.

In blue.  Gorgeous, isn’t it? Great price, by the way.  And according to my fashionista friend Amber, it would like “great on my figure”.

Overstock.com, I don’t hear that phrase too much, so I was REALLY REALLY happy about the find.

And it was supposed to arrive on Tuesday.

But today, Overstock.com, I began to worry. So I checked on the order because it should have been here by now.  And you know what?  It’s BACK IN NEW JERSEY.  The website says that I “REFUSED THIS DELIVERY” at 6:19pm on Tuesday.

Do you know what I was doing at 6:19pm on Tuesday, Overstock.com?  I was sitting on my couch, eating turkey penne, and watching Reba.  I wasn’t refusing anything.  And no email or anything letting me know it was on the way and I should be looking for it?  Or that someone had tried to deliver it? Come on, Overstock.com.  That hurts.

So now, Overstock.com, you have broken my barely beating fashion heart.  What am I supposed to do?  You have no clue how fragile my dress wearing love is.  Your customer service guy couldn’t have been nicer, but he can’t get the dress her until Wednesday.

WEDNESDAY, Overstock.com! That’s way past fashionably late for this party.

So sadly, Overstock.com, I believe my first order with you shall be my last.  My sensitive self can’t handle this kind of party dress dilemma.  I have 48 hours to find a semi-formal dress.  Just that sentence makes me want to cry and throw up.  I’m not overly fashionable, Overstock.com, but I was in love with that dress. I know a cute dress when I see one.  And you can see it too- it’s in your warehouse in New Jersey.

[deep sigh of disappointment]

Headed to the mall with my head hung low,

Annie the Dress-less

1. posted on Dec 11, 2008 at 2:46 PM  |  reply

oh i’m so sorry! **lies her teeth out** that is the most hideous thing i’ve seen in my life anyway, you’re better off without it!! **wide grin** **under my breath** that dress is gorgeous and perfect and i want one!!

2. Annie
    posted on Dec 11, 2008 at 2:47 PM  |  reply

Yeah, I wanted one too. 🙁

3. posted on Dec 11, 2008 at 3:53 PM  |  reply

You have really good taste if you picked that dress so I am confident you will find an equal replacement at the mall. How frustrating!!

4. posted on Dec 11, 2008 at 4:27 PM  |  reply

Oh PLEASE tell me that you actually sent that letter !
    Not that it’s all Overstock.com’s fault though… Maybe the mailman had something to do with it being returned?
    The dress is gorgeous btw.
    GORGEOUS!!

5. posted on Dec 11, 2008 at 4:51 PM  |  reply

Dang. That IS a nice dress. I’m sorry for your trouble – and you have now diverted me from overstock – I shall never shop there either – especially for something that is time- sensitive. I hope you find something even more smashing in the next two days! You can do it! The Fashion Muse is with you. 😉

6. posted on Dec 11, 2008 at 4:58 PM  |  reply

I’m positive there is some stylish mail(wo)man walking around NJ right now. In your dress.

I’ll be praying that God has this dress on a clearance rack at the mall for you!

Kelly

7. Southern Gal
    posted on Dec 11, 2008 at 7:38 PM  |  reply

Oh, I’m so sorry! Hate when something like that happens. Which reminds me…I need to check on my Inkubook photo book that was supposed to be delivered by now. I’ll pray you find the perfect dress in that mall that would be good for your figure.

Renee

8. posted on Dec 11, 2008 at 8:17 PM  |  reply

That dress is really cute! But MAYBE it was one of those things where if you had it in real life, it wouldn’t be as cute as it looks on the Internet. And MAYBE you will go to the mall and find an even CUTER dress! And maybe the whole “couldn’t be delivered” debacle is actually a blessing in disguise! Maybe??

9. posted on Dec 11, 2008 at 9:26 PM  |  reply

ok. you need to keep it. it’s TOO CUTE. and i want one. maybe you can save it for one of those oh so fab nashville parties

10. posted on Dec 11, 2008 at 9:44 PM  |  reply

i just read this and it sounds like i said i’m lying about being sry. i was trying to be funny and lie and say it was hideous and you were better off without it with a cheesy grin. then under my breath mutter that is was beautiful and i wanted one…i hope you go that 😉

11. posted on Dec 11, 2008 at 10:25 PM  |  reply

so sorry, dress-less. that makes me sad for you. : (