March comes in like a …. list?

on March 3, 2009 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 25 comments by

Sure it does.

*It for real comes in like an abominable snow man because GOOD GRAVY PETE it is cold here in Nashville.  24 degrees?  No thank you, March.

*Meet my new best friend iPhone. Her name is Anita.  She’s about the cutest thing goin’.  I’m excited. A little bit.  A lot bit. [Anita is a delayed Christmas gift… I promise I’m not spending money like this out of my own pocket.]annie_and_anita
*I’m not even going to tell you the story where my friend Jason was officially the first person to DROP ANITA. It still makes my stomach turn to remember the sound of Anita hitting the ground.

*How’s Lent treating everybody? I seriously have been praying for each of you that left a comment saying what you were giving up for Lent. If you want to add to the list, or see what I’m doing for Lent, or just read what all your fellow bloggites are up to for the next 33-ish days, click here.

*The Bachelor. OH. MY. POOR. MELISSA. Listen, I know many of you think that the whole thing is staged and what have you, but let me just say that as my friend and I watched the show last night, I cringed.  Physically cringed and covered my eyes.  So if they are all faking it, they each deserve an Oscar. And every single of the zillions of pennies they earned the last 9 months. If you want a super perfect recap from my friend Sophie, click here.

*Our book club is reading In The Woods and it is AWESOME. It’s a mystery and yesterday I got so freaked out IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY that I had to quit reading.  That, my friends, is some good writing. [Let me say this disclaimer: LOTS of cuss words, including the F-bomb. A LOT.  So consider yourself warned and don’t read it and say, “Annie liked this book so she must say the F-bomb all the time.” No, I don’t.]

*I don’t have OCD, but I do have one OCD tendency.  I worry when I leave a bathroom that I’ve forgotten to flush. So I check and recheck probably five times. Freak in da house.

*Any of you iPhoners out there?  Tell me, what’s your favorite free app?  And, I really wish there was something as cool as TweetDeck for Twitter (so I can separate people I follow in categories), but I haven’t found one.  I love Anita, but I don’t love how she tweets. What do you guys use for Twitter on your iPhones?

*Happy Tuesday.

1. ali
    posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 12:10 PM  |  reply

Shut. Up. An iPhone? Really, Annie?! You had to go rub that in my face, didn’t you. I hate you, but not really. I just hate you for a moment bc you have an iPhone and I don’t. Okay, I know, jealousy – deadly sin – blah, blah, blah. But I’m over it now. Okay, not really. I still hate you.

2. Southern Gal
    posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 12:40 PM  |  reply

I’ve missed your posts.
    We had 19 degrees last night. Not fun especially when we didn’t get any snow. Well, 15 minutes worth of snow doesn’t count.
    Nice Christmas present. Anita is lovely.

3. posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 12:44 PM  |  reply

Twitterific. Won’t sort, but it gets the job done.
    Word Warp is my favorite, I think. Has kept me company through many a late night feeding.
    But no iPhone is complete without the Moo app. Or the Woooo! Button. Must. have.

4. posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 1:11 PM  |  reply

I tried out a few different twitter iphone apps (TwitterFon, Twitterific, and Tweetie).

I’d say Tweetie is the best one for sure (not as cool looking as twitterific, but super fast and very functional)… the only bummer is that it’s not free. However, it’s only like $3 so it’s not bad.

Of the free ones, Twitterific seemed the best.

5. posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 2:21 PM  |  reply

[…] night I went with Annie to get her new iPhone. It was quite the adventure. Then we ate sushi. That was an adventure for my […]

6. posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 2:28 PM  |  reply

Anita looks lovely….I have no favorite app though as I have no cute iphone…one day…

BUT

I did want to rejoice in the fact that I no longer feel alone in my OCDness of the toliet and flushing…I do the same thing!

I feel so much better now that someone shares my secret 🙂

7. ginger
    posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 2:36 PM  |  reply

Hi Annie. Missed you/your posts. (Looks weird to type that, but you are one o’ my favorite bloggers, girl.) Nothing to add. No iPhone love here. (But I so would have freaked if someone had dropped my new toy, too.) Just glad to see you.

8. ginger
    posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 2:40 PM  |  reply

(One more thing: Any chance of getting a preview button for us commenters? Cause it bugs me to see my silly html-ish mistakes after I submit them. Just wondering.)

9. Debs
    posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 2:43 PM  |  reply

Hey Annie..I have an I-touch…confession…I check FB after I flush at 3 a.m when I wake up! I like the late night FB post updates…kinda addicting! I kinda like the glow in the middle of the night, kinda like being at a concert and holding your lighter up (70’s)! My husband just rolls over and growls a little! I like the free “Lose It” app to keep track of calories and exercise!
    But that will “feed” into yor ocd! ha! have fun! Debs

10. Face
    posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 2:50 PM  |  reply

Anita?
    As in ‘Anita, I-Need-A, iPhone?

11. posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 6:00 PM  |  reply

I hate you. Okay, no, I don’t hate you, I have terminal phone envy.

12. posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 6:39 PM  |  reply

Favorite App, by far – AroundMe – tells you nearest coffee, restaurants, gas stations, banks, etc. based on you current location. A must have for travelling!

13. christine
    posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 6:54 PM  |  reply

iphones are awesome and they will do many things; however, they will not swim–so be very careful–guess how I know this???
    I just use twitterific, mostly because it is free and i must save money since i had to replace my iphone when it tried to swim.

14. Megan
    posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 7:06 PM  |  reply

Both the husband and I work for ATT & have iPhones. Critical free App? Hook. Allows you to send MMS (picture) messages. Unfortunately you cant receive them still, but its halfway there at least. Enjoy it – its very hard to go back to a different phone after you’ve carried an iPhone. It becomes so “You” with how much the App store allows you to customize it.

15. posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 7:20 PM  |  reply

Ooooh how pretty! If only i had AT&T 🙂

16. posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 7:32 PM  |  reply

Oh, my dear friend, Annie.
    Might I congratulate you on this blessed day in your life. The acquisition of an iPhone will forever remain as an important day. I am glad to be a part of this day.
    As for apps, most of mine involve keeping kids quiet in a restaurant. Spencer has the app that sounds like a “poot” and it makes him laugh. I’ve decided he really is in the 7th grade. I like the USA Today app, the zenbe list app (you will LOVE it), and the ESPN Camera Man app. Mind numbing, but fun. Midomi is fun b/c you can hold up your phone to a radio, speaker, whatev, and it will recognize what song’s playing and tell you the name and artist. Awesome.

17. Laura
    posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 8:16 PM  |  reply

yay for i phone. my mom wants one so tell me how you like it. i miss you a whole lot. did you ever get my letter?

18. posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 9:21 PM  |  reply

Annie, congrats on the iPhone! So cool!

I have to tell you…about Lent…after saying that I was giving up chocolate, I decided that I was not doing it for the right reason. I AM sticking with my commitment to read through Exodus. And without turning this into my own blog post, I’ll just say that I think God cares a lot more about whether I am reading His word than whether I’m eating chocolate. But that’s just me and what I’m feeling and hearing and doing…

19. posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 10:20 PM  |  reply

I love that book. Love it. I dont know what it was – just a fascinating mystery and great story 🙂 hope you enjoy the whole thing.
    Oh and I’m jealous of the i-phone!

20. posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 11:04 PM  |  reply

I love the KLOVE app because I can’t always get to a radio. SuperVall2 is my all time favorite game, but I also like Wurdle and Trism.

21. posted on Mar 03, 2009 at 11:04 PM  |  reply

that was super BALL 2 🙂

22. Barbalicious
    posted on Mar 04, 2009 at 8:37 AM  |  reply

irbody’s talking about their iphones but I’m here to say that I almost peed my pants reading that f-bomb comment. Can’t wait to see you.

23. posted on Mar 04, 2009 at 11:11 AM  |  reply

1. i’m completely, totally jealous of you with your bad self and your iphone.

2. i have tweet deck and dont know about separating friends in categories. do tell!

24. posted on Mar 10, 2009 at 8:45 AM  |  reply

I read ‘In the Woods’ not too long ago – yes, it gave me the creeps most of the time. I am not one for suspense, so why I chose it still doesn’t calculate correctly – but it was a good read:)

And as far as my favorite twitter application, um well I’ve had 2 – I like twitterific because of the chirping sound [lame? Nah :)] – it’s pretty quality… But I have just recently been converted to TwitterFon. I enjoy it much more – except the little arrows to see the twitpic or the @twitterer… But it’s pretty solid.

In fact I am leaving you this comment on twitterfon right now 🙂

Praying for you with lent – hope He is being made new every day!!

25. Mel
    posted on Mar 15, 2009 at 6:43 PM  |  reply

Shazam! (The app)

I’ve had my iPhone since January 26 and I am in love with it. I use Twitterfon and, of course, the Facebook app, among other. We can compare phones in a few weeks!